rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

say hi to my amazing wtw friends: mirkat, Paisley Blue, lochnessie, and SunV
and my irl friend: JMkittycat

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." - robert frost
"all you have to do is write one true sentence. write the truest sentence that you know." - ernest hemingway

for how can one describe nature?

9
i. the tree

stubbornly stands tall and proud
though forest fire has denied its being,
        scorching its lower branches and still
    the tree wears a glowing green crown
for beauty should not be controlled by flames
    attempting to tear one down;

ii. the stars

continue to glitter in the night
though darkness tells them to hide
    and still the pinpricks of brightness shine
to paint the sky into so much more
        than what the dark could ever be;

iii. the waterfall

sings its deafening melody
composed of snowstorms and hailstorms
        performed by thunderous rain clouds
but i believe one day i will learn the language
    of the rain, and on that day i will sing to the sky;

vi. like the stellar jay

who flits around the trees 
and chases the sun's golden rays
        kisses the branches and lifts its voice
to the clouds, so the wind breeze brings it
    for the world to hear and it will echo;

v. in the mountains

rising up from the ground with all its granite grandeur
and perhaps for once there is something larger
        than everything else you will face
    for even the mountain dares to reach for the stars

and i think to myself, one day that could be you.
ever have that feeling where you have ideas to write but can't actually write?? like it's half writer's block but then again it isn't because you have the ideas...yep that's were i'm stuck right now. can't say i'm particularly proud of this piece but i just want to write again so here y'all go.
how is everyone doing?

1

• crystalline•galaxies

i’m so sorry that i didn’t comment earlier. this is a gorgeous dive into everything that makes nature nature, and the title is so right — how does one go about describing these things? sometimes, the things that are written during times of writer’s block or uninspired tend to be worked at and really polished, and while they may not have that raw and unchanged feeling that quickly-written inspired pieces have, there is still a special shine to them all the same. that was what i got from this piece — it felt like something that had been pored over and received endless amounts of care and longing into it. a special beauty here, one might say.

• elliem

The aesthetic in this piece is so calming and lovely. I love the description of the waterfall most, but all are so beautiful. Gosh dang, I miss reading your work. I hope your day is going well! :)

• EmmaP22

*great!!

• EmmaP22

This is amazing! I love the concept, how you structured it, the imagery, ahhh its so great

ah yes allllll the timeeee the ideas are there but cannot writeee! also so beautiful i want to quote the whole thing because makes me so happy to read it yk? i guess i would choose all the bits ell chose. <3<3<3

Why do I relate more to the footnotes than I do to myself? It's so irritating. Stories go like that for me. I know exactly what the plot is, what happens, who are the characters, but when I sit and write, it's like I've forgotten English. I'd offer advice, but I got nada :( Sorry.

But this piece is wonderful! I'mma review it :)

• lochnessie

a b s o l u t e l y GORGEOUS
    oh and hi shell (why does it autocorrect to sheel? sheel is not a word? when have i EVER typed sheel before now i -)

• nolongeractive

This is so pretty! You are so talented.

"but i believe one day i will learn the language / of the rain, and on that day i will sing to the sky"
    "rising up from the ground with all its granite grandeur"
    Shell... wow. This is just. Brilliant!! Like, literally everything I TRY to write but can never quite get out.... wow you've done it so perfectly :) you're an amazing poet!!! I really admire your work :)
    (And I SO get that half-writers-block thing. Thats me rn lol)