love, lise

18
LA

i write about emotions a lot (especially death and loss) and literally none of it is from personal experience. im just dramatic. honestly. so if i post something particularly sad or something, u dont have to comfort me. many ppl have and its very sweet!! but im fine fr

you are the american south

7
When you whispered in my ear, "I am from the American south, my heart is a thunderstorm and I bleed honey," I believed you, and I loved you.

You kissed me with a lemon wedge secured between your teeth, your glaring canary-yellow smile met mine with a flick of acidity and a brush of skin.
"My brothers are cypress trees, and my sisters are lightning bugs." you said afterwards, and I believed you, and I loved you.

You brushed your hair out of your face with the back of your hand. The way your bangs fell over your face always made you look like a daffodil, with your golden petals closed for the moon, and you hated when I said that. 

"Fire ants crawl out of my mouth, I summon hurricanes." And I believed you, and I loved you.

And then I stuck a lime in my mouth, wedged it between my teeth as you had done with your lemon, and I was you, but green. I was you, but with autumn leaves for hair instead of daffodils. I was you, "Hello," I said around my lime, and I watched you flatten the smile that rose to your lips. 

"I am from the American west," I said. "My heart is a wildfire, I bleed orange poppies." and you believed me, and you loved me.

"My father is a sequoia, my mother is an almond blossom. I like your lemon smile and your thunderstorm heart. I summon earthquakes, and fires, and droughts." And you believed me, and you loved me. "When I cry I cause mudslides, I return the high peaks of the earth to the ocean below, and I'm never sorry."

"Ever," you said, with lightning bugs in your eyes, and citrus slowly corroding your teeth. "Ever." I agreed. 

And there we were, the Pacific meeting the Atlantic, the lemon and the lime, the thunderstorm and the wildfire, and we were everything foreign and beautiful to each other, and we believed each other, and we loved each other.

• Awesome Sienna

I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH! The repetition is beautiful and really brings it all together. AMAZING! Keep on writing!
    P.s. I'm super dramatic too. XD

• The Secret Society of Purple Iguanas of Death Online

Time to finally use that print button. Dang, I love this piece! :)

WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO LIKE A PIECE A MILLION TIMES

AHDKFUCNDHTYDKABEJFBSJSKDHFBRGSBFHDKSBDJDBBFJDJKAKAJKD81UEHBRNDUWHBDJDXLCKNCUEUHWUEJNDKDOCNNFNEIEHUFNFIIDNND

• Caleb Urlacher

my first comment was composed of 137 random letters and numbers. instead, i'll just say this... this piece is one of my favorites :) really amazing.

• Yellow Sweater

I cannot express how much I love this. ""Ever," you said, with lightning bugs in your eyes, and citrus slowly corroding your teeth. "Ever." I agreed. " Gah! absolutely wonderful! I feel giddy.

• Avril

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the imagery and your language choice is beautiful! The repetition is so nice as well.
    "and we were everything foreign and beautiful to each other" - I love this line!