Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Final submission!

Update (4/22/2021): Hey, so some of you may have noticed that I've been a little less active the past few days (if you didn't notice don't feel guilty). I just have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the activity on here. I always feel like I need to read every piece of the people I follow, which is too much for my limited energy tbh. This is just a message to tell you guys what's going on. I guess this means I'm on a semi-hiatus? Indefinitely. I won't be completely gone, and not for long. But yeah. I need this.

Originally posted 4/20/2021

To the Young: Concerning the Old (link to performance in footnotes) (important update in the message board)

We demand an apology from those who came before, shaking our misery at them with war-torn eyes. The pieces of history they gave us are whirlwinds of responsibility, and condemnation is second nature as we reflect dread off of our trembling shoulders. But what if we stopped pointing our fingers? What if we respected the battles they fought? What if we opened our arms and said, "Thank you. Thank you for being here first. My heart may be broken, but you gave it a place to land."
    Ancestors are a mystery and family is a puzzle, but they walked this Earth first and decided to change it. And change it they did. The world has sprung up so incredibly in their care. Yet they still honor us with the same blessed calling. Molding legacies out of newspapers only to give them away, they have allowed us to hold this living mission when it begs for a new version of hope.
    Sometimes they stand firm in their stories, hands stiff from clutching their dreams to their chests. It's easy to forget their work. We grab at the steering wheel that was entrusted to them and turn it into a carnival. Stars fly around our heads and we fasten them to our eyes, and it's no wonder the steadfast are afraid of change when it burns so... brightly.
    Think of these things as you take on the world. For while it is ever-changing, it has been paved with the heartbeats of our mothers and fathers. They are the wise ones and the base coat of this life; they are the past that lives on into our present. Do not condemn their failures. Humankind is fallible, but it always finds places to grow. The future belongs to us until we hold it no more, so view it with your sight, and carry it with their light.
Performance video: https://youtu.be/5Ua2cSRecyE

• Wierd_short_starbucksgirl

i think this piece is wonderful.....like the words they actually speak you..dunno if that made sense ~ but basically its amazing and thanks for liking my work, it means a lot coming from someone with pieces as good as yours.

• Starlitskies

Oh wow this is so beautiful. I read this piece the first time you published and I remember it was really good, and somehow you've made it even better, it's just downright stunning! You're a really great writer you know and a great presence on the site. Take time with your break. <3
    Re: Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my piece! And sorry about the late reply, I had to spend some time away from wtw too since physical school started. After so many months at home it's exhausting really. I honestly don't know how I did it back then, haha. Hope you're doing well. <3

• one hundred forty-seven

Of of course! I'm glad you're taking a break. And really your support is amazing to all of us, but please don't feel that you have to read each piece! Good job on your spoken word poem. I see you revised it. Sounds great!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hey, Anne! I just wanted to say that I hope you take the time you need to de-stress, and know we completely understand. We’re here for you. Stay safe!

Re: No problem <3

Have a wonderful hiatus <3 You definitely deserve it!

replying to message board: ah anne i completely understand. in fact i have been on a hiatus myself, so i feel like we're on the same wavelength.i didn't notice that you were inactive because i was just popping on like once in a while so.take as long as you need, and don't put pressure on yourself, you don't have to like every piece.
    ps. i'm still away because of being overwhelmed by wtw and real life.but i'll pop back in soon<3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Hope your doing good! I can relate to that! If you do decide to take a hiatus we'll miss you <3
    Re: Oh good! Sending good luck/good vibes your way! :)

• GraceWritesTheWorld

I love this! You spoke great in the video too ;)

wow. best of luck, i bet you wont need it cuz this is amazinggg!!

replying: hahahaha i love that<3

• aalawrites

What a beautiful performance!

YES QUEEN