Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

15
[ChildOfGod]

*joined in July 2020*

~trying to be myself in this big world~

-Peeta Mellark’s girl (9-24-20)

Life is Dynamite!

“The Lord is my Shepherd,”
-Psalm 23

I hope each of you has an amazing day and knows how much you’re loved. Stay gold! <3

I Want You to Know

22
Hey, it’s going to be okay. Trust me.

Take a deep breath and close your eyes for a minute.

You’re okay. 

Did you wake up this morning feeling kinda down? Have you felt that way recently?

Do you sometimes feel like you’re not really that important; that you’re just wandering, searching for something that will make you matter?

I’ve felt that way too. Life can get heavy, and when you try to balance all that weight by yourself, you start to stumble. It’s okay to be sad sometimes, but it only hurts us if we keep falling over and over.

How do I stand up again?

Here, let me help you. Even just the tiniest movement is an accomplishment.

But you don’t have to do it all by yourself. I’m your friend, just waiting if you need me. 

Close your eyes and take a breath. 

You are beautiful and amazing. I know it’s hard when you’re trying to carry all that weight on your own. But you are not alone, even when you feel like it.

I’m right here beside you. 

The dawn is coming. Just take a moment to smile as the sunlight dances on your face. Be the you that you were born to be, and remember that you are loved.

Now go be happy.
Everyone, please don’t forget that you matter. You matter more than you could know.
God loves you, and you can ask Him to help you. I love you, and I’m here for you. You are brave and strong, and you can do it. You can overcome.
I want you to know that there is hope and light here, even when all we see around us is darkness.
I want you to be happy.

I’ve been feeling a bit down recently, so I decided to write this. Actually, just writing this made me feel a little better. Please, if you need someone to talk to, or give you encouraging song recommendations, or even just someone to pray for you, I’m here. 

This piece is also inspired by “the boost you need to hear today :)” by gabimarie. She lifted me up, and now I want to continue to pass along the love. Go check out her piece:

• April 13, 2021 - 9:52am (Now Viewing)

• serein

re: hey, thanks for checking in Eden!! Unfortunately nothing is really happening lol. Except all the ateez members changed their hair colors (my boy jongho is finally at black after being a red-head for possibly years) and my sister thinks that they will have a comeback soon. I don't think they will though (they just had one last month) and I hope not because i can't have another comeback without mingi.
    Ok sorry that got a little ranty.
    I love your new pfp though!!! I surprised jungkook isn't on it though haha. But we all love tae and hobi so that's totally fine.
    OH AND i just saw below that Anne Blackwood recommended "she's in the rain" and if you listen to it I would love to hear what you think of it because the rose is another group I stan (the only other one) and "she's in the rain" is my favorite one of their songs. It might take you a while to get into it though, it took me like twenty listens before I finally realized how good it was.

Re: I'd recommend "She's In the Rain". And yeah that's valid. I only know about other bands because I have some hardcore kpop fan friends (particularly GraceWritesTheWorld and one of her cousins).

• gabimarie

re: hahaha so happy you liked it! i definitely plan on doing more jimin povs. most fanfics just leave his point out, so i want to make sure they get the equal amount of screen time, you know?
    definitely!! i feel like that type of thing has happened at their dorm for sure!
    ahhh that is such a cool poster! i only have the posters from their albums up rn, with stickers and photocards. where did you get your merch from?

Re: I don't listen to too much kpop, but I like some songs by the rose.

Re: I just got introduced to this singer Cody Fry and I've been listening to two of his songs on repeat. They're so calming. I presume you're probably listening to lots of Kpop (I listened to a song called Bambi yesterday that I liked). Anything else?

Re: Idk if this counts lol but I made a new song playlist of stuff that feels very aesthetic. I've also been exploring this site my friend introduced me to called picrew where you can create characters n stuff. What about yourself?

Re: I'm doing pretty well. I had a migraine earlier but I acted quickly and had some quiet time, so now I'm very relaxed. Hbu?

• ~madeline~

re: tysm :)

• gabimarie

also, the new picture is just adorable, i love it so muchhh

• gabimarie

hey!! just wanted to let you know that chapter four is out! I'm working on chapter five rn, so that should be out by tomorrow, hopefully sooner!
    how's your day been so far? it's raining over here, and I'm writing this in my English class lol. i love writing while it's raining; there's something really relaxing about that! i hope your day is going as well as mine! :)

• ChimChim_1

Re: Im glad you're doing well! Aww, that poster looks really BOOTIFUL UwU

• ChimChim_1

Re: Im doing good! how are you? P.S that Tae and Jungkook pic is so cute!

RE: Yeah!
    HAHA love how you added in that warning- aww yeah true. Same- they were really great at the beginning but they were just always fighting (would talk about it more but tbh, it has been a hot few years XD) Awww loll- brings me back to lunch arguments a few years ago. [On one side are team Peeta, on the other team Gayle, who will win? “Well Peeta is richer” “Gayle is hotter” “No, Peeta is” etc. XD]
    Yess! I can always fall asleep to rain!
    Oooh thank you so much!! I will listen to all of them tonight and report back to you for more suggestions! :)
    Ok, here’s another would you rather: Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-great-grandchildren?

• ChimChim_1

Re: I'll have to check the month but im pretty sure its o the 16th :3:3

• gabimarie

re: ahhh thank you! i tried to portray them as well as i could, considering i don't actually know them *cries in lonely*. the next chapter, which I'll try to post later today, will be more bts interaction! (and btw, they're not famous in this story, they're just normal, extremely attractive, guys lol)
    yesss i had so much fun writing the text messages! to write them, i actually imagine that I'm texting him, and then write that, like an imaginary scenario.
    thank you! i hope so too, i don't want to miss too many days of school. I'm glad you doing good! :)
    do you want me to update you when new chapters come out?

• gabimarie

re: yayyyy i'm so happy you like it!! yeah, i want the reader to really feel like they're there, in the story, which is the purpose to saying you and y/n throughout the chapters!
    that's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm doing okay; my brother ended up getting me sick so I'm missing school today, and i can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. what about you?

• gabimarie

ahhhh so the first three chapter are up!!!! i ended up keeping y/n bc i was too lazy to change the subject verb format, and i literally copy and pasted from my story on the other site. let me know what you think! :)

• ChimChim_1

Re: Btw BTS new album should be coming June 16!!! I am SO EXCITED!!

• gabimarie

re: ahahah okay! i'll post the first couple chapter here, but I'll change the name from y/n to ava lollll, but I'll keep the names of bts in case other armys want to read it! it's called Like A Love Song, and I'll keep you updated!
    can't wait to hear what you think haha :)
    how did your call with your friend go?

Re: Rhythmically. I think. Anyways thanks :)

• books4life

re: relived is what i feel haha! but also a little proud that another project is wrapping up so i can start my short fan-fic and my new story! i'm doing pretty good, busy as usual. how are you??

• gabimarie

re: yeah of course!
    i loveee when they played it. i swear they're the cutest things everrrr.
    i meannnn, it's literally a jimin x reader fanfiction, ummm, lolll but i totally can! i might change the reader's name, but otherwise, i can do that! i can post what i have rn if you would like to read it?

also the site isnt letting me like rn but i really do like this!

wow this is so strong and so encouraging. beautiful writing!

also, chapter 34 is out for T&R
    (chpt 33 was published also but i forgot to notify--link is in the footnotes of 34)

• gabimarie

also, i dont know if you read wattpad or not, but I'm writing a bts fanfic on there (writing these words are almost shameful), and my user is gmconnor. its totally cool if you don't have wattpad, but i thought id let you know! :)

• gabimarie

re: it's mainly a romance drama in which the main girl is in love with a guy, and he ends up with her, after a very long drawn out road. it made me smile for HOURS and it was just totally adorable. it's on Netflix, and i definitely recommend it. before, my favorite kdrama was "romance is a bonus book', but now it's "a love so beautiful". i swear bts and kdramas have set my expectations so unbelievably high. ill just die alone and single :(( lolll.
    ohh yeah that'll be fun! hope you enjoy talking to your friend! have you been enjoying the bts run episodes?

• books4life

this is amazing!! I LOVE IT!!! ALSO CHAPTER 18 IS OUT!!!! :)

• The Inky Writer

Thank you for this really encouraging piece!! :)

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Thank you so much!!! You are so amazing and kind. And, I am great!

RE: Of course and haha yeah!
    Oooh nice, the hunger game movies were really great (although the book is always better than the movie! But on the other hand, they did make the movies surprisingly accurate. Also I see you say Peeta’s girl, so can I assume you think Katniss is better with Peeta?)
    Aww great choice cause yeah I was going to say exactly the same, “nostalgia” was the perfect wording!! Although the snow can be so pretty and fun, rain is just so romantic and you don’t have to worry about getting frostbite lol.
    Also, can you re-say all your favourite BTS songs again cause I was finally going to listen to them (told you I don’t listen to music often LOL) but I forgot to take note of them and I’m too lazy to look through all my pieces to find which one you commented that on.

• JACOB HOUSTON

Hey!! How have you been? Some of my new pieces are out now!!

• gabimarie

re: not really haha. i've actually been trying to relax this weekend, as this week's been pretty hectic. I'm bingeing this kdrama called A Love So Beautiful and it's so adorableeee.
    what about you?

• gabimarie

re: right? it's insane how calming they are! I'm so glad that you're enjoying them!! yeah, i found them to be pretty addicting, once i started listening, i couldn't stop. all of the members have things like that, but i usually listen to tea, jimin, and yoongi, because i find their voices are the most relaxing.
    of course!!! I'm just so so happy you liked listening to them!

• doodleninja

re: ahhh that's super cool that you're starting from the beginning!
    since the episodes are kinda long, it's hard for me to find time to watch them on my own, so who knows if i'll ever get around to watching all of them XD
    but each episode is so funny. i love the on-screen text and all the edits they do XD

RE: Hahaha ayesss Mary Moo Cow! Oh my, I nearly forgot about her! XD
    Hahaha, I wouldn't take it personally if you did- me and my cousins always get into a heated argument about whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza lol. But haha, that's nice as well! I eat plain cheese pizza most of the time (unless we're specifically getting pizza with toppings, in which case, bring on the spice XD) oooooh noo, this is a really hard question. Ok I'm going to say I really loved Oceans 11 (it was like this fancy robber movie). And then like for a different genre, a close second would be Avengers Endgame hehe. What about you? And ooh some good questions would be would you rather's. (and you have to explain your choice!) Would you rather play in the rain or snow?

Re: Oh i thought you were on est. cool :) have a great night! (well you might be asleep so good morning XD

RE: THAT'S SO COOL!!! I see clips of it now sometimes and loll D.W. was sooo sassy!! Oooh this one is sooo hard cause Marvel or Harry Potter? But probably wizard cause I want to go to Hogwarts haha! Oooh ok, this is a really good question! So cheese (obviously lol) with hot peppers, chicken, and pineapple (pleaseeee tell me you're not one of the people against pineapple on pizza!!). What about you?

• gabimarie

re: yes i completely agree! i live in Louisiana, so putting the windows is a definite must!
    yeah, haha, I've wanted my nose pierced since forever, i'd say since i was twelve?
    i love your plans; they are all i want to do for the rest of my life! someone could lock me in a room with youtube, spotify, vlive, and a bed, and i would literally NEVER come out again. (even if the entire history is bts related haha)

RE: Hahah! Ok well, I get that- when it streamed here I was in like grade 7! But there's no shame in watching it now, I feel like you can always watch kids shows grown-up if you watched them growing up cause of all the nostalgia! I will never pass up watching Arthur! (literally my childhood show!!) Ok new question, would you rather be a superhero or a wizard?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: always.

Re: Glad to hear it :D

Re: Nah in school until about 6 est for u. 3ish

• ~madeline~

Re: EXACTLY. Like I don’t get people sometimes...

Re: Yep pretty normal around here :P

• gabimarie

re: yes i hope so too! i definitely recommend going driving with the windows when you get your license! i got my license for my birthday in September, and i have a spotify playlist called "spontaneous late night drives" that I'll pull up every time i get in my car. hoonestly, there's nothing better than a nighttime drive with a chai latte lol.
    yessss friday!!! I'm so excited for this weekend because, after YEARS of begging, I'm getting my nose pierced!!! do you have any plans for this weekend? (besides watching bts run, of course!)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: AWHHHH YISSS FRIDAY! *does happy dance* im going to cook, and do a craft... im supposed to be convincing my mom to cut my hair of (we had a deal, mom!) but failing lolol. I can't wait for summer though.. I get to get off this stupid diet and eat alll the pizza and do so much swimming haha

Re: I'm pretty good if a bit sleepy. I was evicted from my room at like 8ish because of some AC repair men or something like that. Hbu?

• serein

re: thank you so much!! if there is anything you want me to review I'll do it gladly :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

needed this today.
    re: ayyy! I'm doing okay--how're you?

• gabimarie

re: thank you so much! i will, thank you for letting me know! yes, please do! i can't wait to hear what you think! just a heads up, i do find that i get tired while listening to them , so don't listen to them while doing something important that requires energy. i made the mistake of listening to one while i was driving alone, and i almost fell asleep at the wheel.
    i do find them really calming. i actually will listen to a jimin or yoongi one after my attacks, so i do think they work, at least for me! can't wait to hear what you think
    I'm having a decent day; i got to meet one of my friends for lunch today and we went for a drive with the windows down lol. it's one of our traditions to go driving together. we're still in our easter break. hope you're having a good day too!

• ~madeline~

Re: RIght... Like people are like oh no I don't like BTS, but they're all obsessed with these american social media stars who are so obnoxious and self-centered. It's so weird. And like, I can't understand the lyrics, but if you watch the captions or look up the lyrics or stuff, most of their songs are wholesome which is a huge difference compared to popular songs here.

• gabimarie

re: thank you! i've been struggling recently because of everything school's throwing at me. i have AP exams coming up, the ACT is in two weeks, and i just feel like I've got this real world stuff coming up, and I have no idea how to deal, especially with everyone screaming at me what they want. thank you for telling me that! i really really appreciate it!
    i know exactly what you're talking about! i usually listen to these videos: (the titles are word for word)
    "Kim Taehyung / V is talking to you until you sleep | rainy night"
    "ASMR EP.64: Tae's voice + Nature Sounds for Relax, sleep, tingles, and study"
    "Sleeping with Jimin - (ASMR)"
    I usually listen to tae's when I'm studying or not feeling well. i listen to jimin's almost every night religiously. there's something really calming about him breathing. (i PROMISE I'm not a stalker!) the first two are just his lives over a background track of rain or nature sounds. the jimin one is mostly him breathing, but a little talking. not a lot though, as this one is directed more at sleeping.
    i usually searching (member's name) talking asmr. this gets me their actual voice (not edited) and a calming background noise. i try not to listen to the boyfriend ones, not because they're bad, but because it just reminds me how single i am loll.
    hope that helps! :)

• ~madeline~

Re: RiGhT?! And they're friendship with each other is so wholesome and they're actually like a good role model unlike so many popular figures today. I don't see how people can't like them. Yeah, JK is good, but like everyone is! I guess Jimin is just my fav.

• JACOB HOUSTON

<3

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: You as well! It is always incredible talking to you!

• ~madeline~

Re: No definitely. I love seeing that people who are that popular can still be so kind to each other and stuff. I'd have to say my bias is Jimin... His voice.... agrhgh. But like it's hard cause they're all sooo talented. Also their music videos are literally like soo beautifully filmed. Such works of art. Who's your bias?

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Thanks so much, and you're very welcome! And I hope so hahahaha

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Thanks so so so much, and yes I do write the music!!! That means everything, and I bet you are an amazing lyricist! I would love to read them sometime, and I bet that you are a great singer!

• ~madeline~

Re: I mean, I guess, but its more like I like their group as a whole and their music. I just wish I could understand it lol. But like their music is soooo pretty... LIke absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention they're gorgeous too. Like how can someone be so perfect XD. Thank for the recs tho!

• JACOB HOUSTON

Re: Yes, I do! And thanks so much, I am glad you are doing great!

The 'album' is called: METAPHORICAL MADNESS

Song List:

i love you

below the magma

come & deliver

dungeon

ending a friend

her

hidden figures of december

bury the moon

the count

reflection

villain

the sun is lonely and still shines

ursula

easy

too young to be sad

footprint lessons

listen as i leave

badbye

• JACOB HOUSTON

I have actually been doing great, thank you for checking in! I actually just finished my first album of music and I have completed track list! How about you?

• ~madeline~

Re: Well I finished my online school for the year so I'm doing pretty good! I'm excited to find some service projects to do in my community. Right now I'm actually on a belated spring break in Florida! Okay also, any recommendations for BTS songs to listen to? :)

• doodleninja

re: ahhhh OF COURSE! i started watching regularly around 5 episodes ago, although i've seen clips from mostly every other episode as well. there have been some iconic moments XD
    are you keeping up with them, or just watching some here and there?

• ~madeline~

This is so sweet and touching. Such a good reminder to so many people.
    Also, haven't talked to you in a while, Eden, how have you been?

this made my day (it's nine pm here) thank you so much

• Odyssey

Thanks :) This is really touching.

• doodleninja

re: it's a super cool song, and the music video rocks as well :D

• Zirong

omg thank you so much for this piece! It makes me feel so much better! <3

RE: Haha yeah! And ooh wait, what age were you when you watched it? (No offence if you watched it when you were older- I watch kids shows all the time! They’re the most fun!) but here it streamed on a t.v. channel for younger kids. So my youngest sister watched it (it was too new for me to watch it when I was young *sob*)

Re: :D <3

• gabimarie

re: thank you! i had a little last night thinking session lol. tae's cover of someone like you is just absolutely gorgeous. I'm obsessed with that cover, and jk's cover of paper hearts and purpose.
    i love that episode! i love when they get all competitive over something that's $20 and decide to betray each other at every turn. i think that each episode helps you see the members a little more clearly; that's one of the main reasons i watch it!
    I'm so glad that you're enjoying it! it always makes my day a little brighter. i usually watch it when my day's over, around ten or so, to help me detox and relax from the day. when you get to episode 24, let me know! i can't wait to hear what you think!
    are you watching on youtube or on vlive?

• doodleninja

re: his energy is indeed the best XD
    have you listened to his song "chicken noodle soup" by any chance??

• ChimChim_1

Re: No, problem!:3:3

• gabimarie

re: hey!! i'm so glad you like them! i don't really have any suggestions in which way to watch them; most aren't consecutive, so you should be able to watch them in whatever order. I've found that I like the earlier ones better, but that's just my opinion. my all time favorite episode is probably episode 24: bts vs. zombies. they basically get scared at a haunted house. it had me dying for over an hour haha.
    i do like all episodes though, these are just my suggestions. so so so happy you're enjoying it though!!
    are you watching it from the beginning, or are you starting with the most recent episodes?

Awww this is so sweet!
    RE: LOLL YES I DID- OMG LOLLL! And yeah it so is! Hahah I used to watch the Wiggles and Sesame Street sooo much, but tbh, I never really watched Barney haha. Oooh wait I just searched it up, the reason you wouldn’t have seen Totally Spies is cause it only aired in Canada!! Ohhhh! It’s so weird thinking of the differences in what airs sometimes!

• doodleninja

re: oh my gosh yes suga's rap is exquisite in that!
    this question just popped into my head, but do you have a fave rapper in bts? i really love suga's rap style and voice, although of course rm and jhope are phenomenal too :D

• gabimarie

re: thank you! no worries. can' wait to hear what you think of run bts, and what I like to call btsmr. like asmr but bts version :)))
    have an amazing day :)

• serein

re: aw thank you! I'll definitely keep you updated :D

• gabimarie

re: i completely agree! ARMY is one of those fandoms where everyone is so close! i am so honored to call you my sister :)
    yes please! i cannot wait to hear what you think!
    awww thank you!! i feel the same way! i don't know if you have Instagram or not, but my user is gabiiconnor if you want to talk there too! i love talking with you as well <33

• ChimChim_1

Aww, I hope you feel better soon. Stay gold!! love ya:3:3

• serein

re: you're so sweet :)
    awww that's so nice of you to ask :) I haven't heard anything new. I might have told you, but a couple weeks ago when ateez was promoting their new song they called mingi after one of the performances and he said he going to come back soon. Maybe he said that just to cheer up his fans, but I'm just holding on to that and hoping it's true :D

• gabimarie

re: of course! as a veteran army, it is my JOB to introduce people to their next rabbit hole ahahah *evil laugh* i absolutely love their voices, so getting thirty minutes of them talking with rain noises in the background is complete perfection.
    of course!! I'm just so happy to have an army friend! let me know if you like them and bts run! and I'm always here if you want to talk or just bored :)

• gabimarie

re: right the ones with random questions are so weird. like, what does is matter what color t-shirt I'm wearing right now?
    ahhh jimin would be such a good boyfriend. honestly, they would all treat their partners right, i think. i would love to have either jimin or tae as my boyfriend, and namjoon as my best friend. hobi would always cheer me up, but i love to talk about classical books, philosophy, and academics, so i would love to talk to him about stuff like that.
    this is taking this to another level, but do you listen to those bts asmr videos? lolll don't hate me but people have made these videos where the members will talk to you as you go to sleep. i prefer the taehyung ones because his voice is so calming! bc of my anxiety, it really helps, so i would recommend just looking on youtube. it's become my new obsession haha.

• Just_A_Memory

<3

• serein

Re: doing ok :)
    how are you?
    This is beautiful by the way! exactly what I needed!

• doodleninja

re: no problem! and yesssss those songs are such a bop! dna is one of the first bts songs i listened to and watched the music video for. the visuals and the choreography never cease to amaze me XD

(also i love this piece! thank you for the encouragement and i hope you feel God smiling upon you today :) <3)

• gabimarie

re: yessss i have taken so many on so many different websites. it's an embarrassing problem. i won't lie, I've gotten jimin every time except for one, when i got tae. it's such a nice feeling when you get your bias :) .
    have you ever taken one?

• bhumi

re: thanks Eden! I'm glad you liked it
    also hi!
    thanks for the suggestion also nice to meet you too!

• gabimarie

lol i'm sorry that was so longgg :)

• gabimarie

ohmygoshhh thank you so much!! i'm honestly so happy i could help in any way that i can!
    re: that's so cool your sister is into it! I've turned my dad and brother (who is ten) into ARMYs, but i do feel like family members don't count, you know? my friend who's into kpop does listen to bts, but he's mostly into ateez and stray kids.
    i wasn't aware that they were on youtube, but yes! anyway you can watch it, you definitely should! they are very appropriate because korean shows have to comply with the korea communication act, and that prevents profanity, nudity, etc. (I'm not a stalker, i learned abt this in one of my classes loll). you can even watch it with family; I've watched a couple episodes with my brother. he really enjoys it, and they are so chaotic but hilarious at the same time. keep me updated when you watch it!
    thank you again for the shoutout! I'm just so happy that i could lift at least one person up with that piece. your piece was absolutely stunning as well! :)