Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I wasn't planning on posting this piece because it's kinda unrefined and emotional but I needed advice and I can only really do that in a message board. Anyway. For the current competition, I'm conflicted as to whether I should enter my spoken word poem To the Young: Concerning the Old or my written poem Alloy (or possibly another piece). I'm kind of leaning towards the spoken word poem because I'll have slightly less competition that way (sheesh competitive thinking like that makes me uncomfortable but this is a competition), but Alloy might be a slightly better piece. What are your thoughts?

rubble / heart (message board please)

16

and i want to tell you to kiss me / lose ourselves in a dance / of fate and flame / us
this has never been allowed / you walked in the doors / of this melting tower / a welcome invader
but if we let go / for even a heartbeat / we'd be buried / in the dust of our desire
"Love me until you disappear"
~ Caught in the Storm from Smash

• ~madeline~

re: I'm so glad you like it!

• ~madeline~

i LOVEd Alloy. To the Young Concerning the Old was really good too, but Alloy just captured my attention. Ofc its your decision in the end but Alloy is my vote.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: awww, thank you so much, Anne! That means a lot to me! I’m so glad you like it! :) It was really different than what I usually write, but I needed up being pretty happy with it in the end. :)

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Re: Really? Yay so glad you like it! And, yeah, trust me I get it q-q Sending love and hugs~~~~<3

• GraceWritesTheWorld

Hey, just letting you know... I changed the piece I am using for the competition. It's also kind of a darker piece Lol I was hoping you could maybe give me any tips you might have... And, I'm not 100% sure ik who you mean with the pointed look on Snake... could you text me maybe..?

• Ava Marie

This piece is so beautiful!

• V-Rose

Re: Why isn't it good for your current mood?

• V-Rose

Hey! So, I may have written another chapter for Never Really Real! *really creepy grin because I am a weirdo*
    Here's the link:
    *slight villain laugh*

I love the lines about dancing and fire. For some bizarre reason it makes me think of dragons. I'm still voting To the Young: Concerning the Old. Not just because it's better for competition, but I just love the message. And your reading of it was great.

• Yellow Sweater

I have to say though that I just listened to "To the Young" And your reading of it is so incredible. And the message... ! Sorry I couldn't be of more help lol.

• Yellow Sweater

I personally love Alloy, and I atually think it would be great spoken out loud. I am not entirely sure how the competition works, but I think you can be considered for both the spoken word and written poetry prizes. Correct me if I am wrong though because if that's not the case I am going to get rid of the verbal element of my piece.

Also, the passion in this poem is incadecenent!

• BriRiley

Aww this is so Romantic and beautiful!

I really love this poem, it's so short but so emotional and awww, "dust of our desire" just such beautiful descriptions!
    Ok, as for the competition, I've checked out both your pieces and ahh I'm sorry I really don't know. Go with your gut because both of them are so amazing- like seriously, speechless! You can't go wrong either way.
    also if you have time, I would be so appreciative of a critical review of my spoken word poem, "It hurts". -cause you're never afraid to tell me when my phrasing's a bit awkward! but no worries if you can't and hope you have a great day <3

• one hundred forty-seven

Ooh, I'd go with To the Young: Concerning the Old. It has such great values.

not everything needs to be polished, things are always more precious or attractive when they're raw.this is absolutely beautiful.
    "we'd be buried / in the dust of our desire" gosh i don't think you know how beautiful and meaningful this is. honestly,one of my favourite poems you've written.( although i have so many favourites haha)
    i don't know about the competition. i'm on holiday and quite busy but i'll try read and give you some help on which piece to enter

Go with ur gut for the competition XD
    I see what you mean by unrefined but i vibe with this i like it very much...

Re: Aww thanks!