chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ
ɪғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴀᴄᴇ ɪᴛ ɢʟᴀᴅʟʏ
ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴋᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

song quote of the week:
sunflower of parting regrets - hitoshizuku-p x yama△

most if not all of my pieces have songs linked to them. give them a listen, you might like what you hear.

i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness.

decay

10

nothing is as bright as it's supposed to be. this is intentional. 
there are so many ways to age faster than the earth revolves around the sun. most people do. they say that if every life is ultimately apart of the same whole, your years will get shorter as you live longer. you will lose time. once you close your eyes, you won't be able to open them until tomorrow. it feels like a blessing when you're young. when you're older, all you can do is helplessly watch your life spin away with every night. 
i dreamed i was falling the other night. something was missing from the image. the blue was more muted than you'd think, or maybe it was the tears in my eyes. this is where the earth begins to fall apart. when the world ends, it will end with the sky first. the atmosphere is deeper than the ocean, that's what they said. i thought this would be a good place to take my last breaths. what is a painful death if it is beautiful? i woke up with my breath halfway hanging over me like a ghost. and when i swallowed, i forgot all about that dream. 
there are so many things i want to forget. this hurts. this isn't beautiful. adolescence is just a funeral for childhood. when you're over halfway done with your life, you'll consider that your childhood too. we all long for the parts we can't remember. self-absorption. the bitter parts will be washed away first, then the happy days. you'll end up missing both of them, somehow. 
the blue will start to lose its green. the sun doesn't fit in your palm anymore. 
it's time to end the dream. 

gleam - bed. 

it seems that i'm fond of this type of poetry these days. 

• spectral

lovely prose as usual! this probably means nothing to you, but it reminds me of a game i just finished, omori. similar themes 'n all. i hope you're doing alright.

"this isn't beautiful. adolescence is just a funeral for childhood."
    My goodness chrys... how do you do it? Every single time you take my breath away. Haunting and yet brilliantly beautiful!

• Avril

Wow this is sad but beautiful. I love the metaphor of a dream. And the ending! "the blue will start to lose its green. the sun doesn't fit in your palm anymore. it's time to end the dream." It's heart-wrenching!

• birthdaycandles

holy bible this is good- agreeing with psithurism “adolescence is just a funeral for childhood” really struck me

• psithurism

Oh my, I swear I feel like this all the time these days. You wrote about the topic in such a rich way, it truly is a fantastic piece. I'd have to say my favorite lines were, "this isn't beautiful. adolescence is just a funeral for childhood."

• ScarlettLucian

This was gorgeous. I especially enjoyed the line "adolescence is just a funeral for childhood". Nice work.