Yellow Sweater

(Formerly Zinniav)

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

I don't think I actually believe this.

God is a Dreamer and a Killer

Mama is a rainbow hunter. She’ll lug you out onto the road when the world is wet and cold and shimmering. And she’ll stand on the cement until the grey sky reveals its true colors. I don’t have her faith. I don’t believe God made any promises. 

Today was a good day. My town felt like a village, the cherry trees were blooming, and I could see the horizon curve. It is a small world after all. Earth is blue and green and full of people chasing dreams. Around and around they go, watching the sunset. 

There’s going to be another flood. The blue will rise and the green will sink and the people chasing dreams will flail their arms. We're all going to die, and it’s our own damn fault. Mama, if God made rainbows He also made us. 

Climate change isn't imagined, but imagination is the affliction. Dreams kill life. They kill our ability to experience living for what it is. Our belief in a good God, in rainbows, is killing our rainbow-colored planet.
I am so sorry of this offends anyone. This is just one of my many perspectives. And, this might be greedy, but I wouldn't give up my consciousness for anything. 

• April 14, 2021 - 10:40am (Now Viewing)

• amaryllis

I think I should just comment "ohhhhh" on all your pieces because that's what I do. I just sit there for a good two minutes after I read it. loved the kind of double meaning with "hunters" in rainbow hunters. stunning (as always)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

i love this

wow, i don't know if i agree, but this is such a unique, vivid perspective and i love the way you wrote this piece!!! yet another one of your stunning works; you always leave me wondering and thinking and trying to understand the world!!! :) wow wow wow. and i love the way you tied it all together with rainbows.

• CDWillson

wow that WAS long winded. sorry for filling your comments lol

• CDWillson

i've always found it an interesting point that most religious extremists, or political extremists, often seek the same things-- that being their views being the dominant ones at all costs. from the capital riots this january to the crusades, they happened because the people wanted to see the world fit their views without compromise. of course, there's the individuals with their own misguided reasons, but ultimately those that lead movements like that are afraid of their worldview being wrong, which is always terrifying to me. this is getting long-winded, so i'll get to the point. i love this piece, it raises a lot of questions to think about. but i do disagree with the assertion you wrote, at least, mostly. i don't think it's necessarily the belief in God or belief in general that is causing so many horrors, but rather the refusal to accept that that belief is falsifiable and potentially incorrect. heck, as a religious person myself, it's hard to accept sometimes that the religion i follow has done and does do horrible things, so i can barely fathom what that shaking of belief would do to someone with more extreme views and an unstable love for what they believe.