almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm sixteen. i'm also a slytherin, infp-t, christian, maladaptive daydreamer, and generally insane. est: 3.30.2018.

review for review. or honestly you don't have to review to request a review. i'll review it anyway if you throw the link down in the comments.

you are loved<3

when my lunch table is empty, this is why.

i can feel it breaking. 
it’s unbecoming how i’m shoving 
candy in my mouth like the sugar 
coating will make silence and 
sharp tongues 
easier to bear. we
don’t know each other anymore, 
or maybe too much, 
we know too much, 
and some of us need to stop grasping
for attention. i know i’m arrogant, but 
i’m the only one who can 
keep everyone else together,
we’re sandcastles at 
the edge of a storm. i 
am so deeply exhausted, with which, 
i cannot say since 
i’m afraid of quite a few 
of your tempers. 

you in particular are entranced in the hold of fire,
laying on the ground in a mud pile to cool down and 
hoping by the time lightning comes 
you’re dried out to sand, 
so the strike of heat might 
bring your physical and mental together. 
if that works we’ll both find it more realistic, 
my bloody feet dancing over your broken glass 
all flattened and still - stinging 
after one 
two 
three 
four 
years, you’d think i’ve gotten used to 
the ache. 

now i want to leave. 

i have no choice 
however, but to 
stay because 
of your red-eyed fury, and perhaps 
your willingness to blame yourself for my bitterness. 
which is all true, still. except you have no idea how 
to fix yourself and you refuse any help, 
so i worry for your life. 

my momma keeps telling me it’s 
all because of a teen’s want 
for attention, though i 
cannot seem to see anything in you 
but a small child who never 
gets loved by her own momma and 
i can’t be that caretaker when 
i can’t take care of myself most days.

you’re not the only one, so 
i don’t blame you and i will
keep sitting here listening to you complain.
though i won’t share my sweets,
the only thing holding my mouth closed.
mmhm, i understand. 
the sugar continues to snap under
my teeth.
so simple it is to start feeling the air
get ready for a lightning strike and
i have no idea who it will be 
that flicks the last bit of dust
on the betting 
- oh no, i mean therapy - 
table
which will weigh too much for someone to bear.
all the candy-coating foundation
coming apart under our feet. 
i really need help knowing whether this is the best piece i can submit for the competition. would any of you mind going and seeing if there's a different one you like better or if there's one that you remember reading from me that i should put in the runnings? that would be so helpful, or some feedback on this one, since it's something i threw together in the heat of my disappointment with a toxic friend. 

• ~madeline~

This is really good! I'm going to review it and if you have time I would love it if you could check out/review my piece, https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/227076/version/481614
    No pressure if you can't get to it, but I'm looking for some critical feedback :)

• Sophiascb

re- thank you! i'll leave a review on this piece but i don't think there's much to critique <3

• writergirl79

hi can you check out my latest story plz The mystery of the missing crown jewels

RE: Of course! And aww, that is quite a tough situation. Well, I hope and pray that it all becomes solved soon. That’s great! And aww of course! Haha, well you’re going to be disappointed with this comment! XD

RE: Aww no worries and of course! Take your time!!
    Awww I'm so sorry for you. That's really great that you were able to put a bit of distance between you two. Do you have other close friends that aren't in your friend group? Or do people in your friend group know how her actions affect you? Talking about it to your other friends might help since they know the situation and specificities. Ah, sorry that wasn't super helpful, I was lucky in that I went to high school and got a new friend group when it came time to leave my old one. And honestly, (you may already do this) but talking to my mum really helped me as well. I kind of saw how pointless a lot of the things I was worrying about were and well although they don't seem pointless in the moment, if you just forget about it, there's like 10 tonnes lifted off your back! And if your friends don't listen to you explain your side of the story or try to help you rectify whatever's happening, you might feel better hanging out more with some other friends. Ahh, I don't want to be a Gloomy Gus but it gets so much better after! [end essay XD] and I hope that helped a tinyyyy bit :)

This is really great. I love how you kind of put an emphasis on the sugar; I feel like there is symbolism with that.

This was soooo amazing!!! I absolutely loved it! I just left a review and I would love it if you could give me a review as well, here's the link https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/227430/version/480656
    Also, I really hope you aren't dealing with this friend anymore and I hope it doesn't still affect you. I'm always here if you need <3

Re: Aw thanks for your comment about my poem. It's encouraging to me to know that people want to know different perspectives.
    And okay I'm glad you're being careful. I know it's not easy to set boundaries, so I'm very proud of you. Praying for strength and peace for you. <3

Oh my gosh... okay poetically, this is really good. Your feelings hit like a pound of bricks lol.
    As a friend... please be careful with this person. From the little I know about this situation, they appear to be unpredictable and insensitive. I think they're manipulating your empathy for their situation. If they are unwilling to try to be a kind person, I've learned the hard way that you just have to let them go. You're not gonna fix them. Please forgive me if i'm projecting, but they really seem to be guilt-tripping you by appearing to blame themself for your reactions. Again, if this is irrelevant and I'm projecting, I'm so sorry. I just don't want to see you get hurt like I did.

• gabimarie

re: of course!! i'm so happy i could help! i think I'll post things like that periodically bc we don't usually take care of ourselves unless someone reminds us. i hope you feel better soon :)