Country_Gurl

I'm a country gurl that is:
~Christian~
~Farmer (Soon to be a ranch hand)~
~Country Music Lover~
~Flutist/ Oboist~
~Horseback rider~
Events I wanna be in:
~Trick Riding~
~Roping~
~Barrel Racing~
~Goat Tying~
~ XC (horse riding)~

I dont know what to do anymore except keep my head down and push forward until the end of the school year. If you have any advice for me with friends please let me know.

I am Invisible

5
Lunch times comes 
I sit with my "FRIENDS"
Yet I find not a speck of:
Joy or Happiness or Laughter
I barely even talk for the words I speak could make them hate me forever
Half of the times they dont even talk
And well I feel invisible like a shadow just there to fill another seat 
Yet each and every day I come back to that tabe and sit
 I guess I do this because I want to be their friend soo bad 
It hurts me when I try so hard to be their friend and yet
Nothing 

Through text they tell me they love me and that I am their best friend
So, why don't they treat me like a best friend?
I never get invited to anything I never get to know their secrets 
I guess I need to try harder 
Try to be more pretty, cofident, and funny
Yet everyone says never to change 

The way you wrote this was powerful (especially the last line). I'm not sure how old you are but I dealt with a group of friends like this before I went to high school. The change of scenery helped me branch out, make new friends, and ultimately just leave that friend group once and for all. If you have any friends outside of that group, try hanging out with them a bit more and see how you feel. Or try being upfront about it with your friends and see if some of the things they do are unintentional. Anyways I know that's pretty sucky advice but I hope it helps in some way- believe me, all of this will feel so pointless when you start surrounding yourself with better people. Oh and talk to your parents, I talked to my mum a lot and she helped me a ton! Take care <3

• nolongeractive

I really relate to this; and you were so honest and open about this subject and this piece is so beautiful. You really did an excellent job with this!! Amazing work and I cannot wait to see what else you write.

• Country_Gurl

Thank you!

• Livsnjutare

This is an amazing poem!
    Hmm, this is a hard one. It must be really tough to try and put up with friends like those, especially during this year with the coronavirus and all. I am really bad with pointers and tips, but don't ever change yourself. If they don't like you for who you are, then they aren't real friends. If you need support or anything you can always let me know!
    Also, welcome to WtW!! *blows kazoo*