Enigmatic

She/Her
Cancer Zodiac
INFJ
Travelling, politics and writing

Avicii - You Make Me
00:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:50
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

I quite like shorter poems as opposed to longer ones, so I find haikus enjoyable to write. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment - constructive feedback is always welcome. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Seasonal Haikus

3
Spring
Soft breeze flittering
Golden rays flooding blossoms
​With new beginnings

Summer
Sun's light beaming down
Crystal currents lapping at
Open toed flip flops

Autumn
Leafy greens succumb
To fiery reds, the blood of
The dead season reigns

Winter
Frozen river cracked
Withering giants motionless
Where shy creatures dwell

A haiku is a traditionally Japanese poem consisting of 3 short lines, in a 5-7-5 structure. One of my favourite Haiku poets is Masaoka Shiki, so if you like this style of poetry, I recommend you read some of his work.

• Written_In_Water

So so nice - I always love haikus because if they're done well then you can say a lot in a tiny amount of words - and these are certainly done well

I love all of these Haikus- I can so easily imagine everything and you do really good with variety in your lines (sometimes they stand alone and sometimes they connect to the next line which makes them very unique!) I love the spring one, because of the new beginning line, it just really sums up spring! And autumn- the way you described it just wow! "the blood of/The dead season reigns"
    Also ooh thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check out some of his

• BriRiley

Mine is ke li, it won’t let me use mandarin characters in the comment haha, but I think I got the pinying right? XD

• BriRiley

Oh! I love how you described these seasons!
    Re: Really! That’s so cool! I’ve been learning it since kindergarten! Tho I still have a few year to go before I’m fluent. What is your Chinese name?