Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

wishing for my "someday"

it has been a long 7 weeks, but i'm back for good :) i will not be posting these collections anymore, but i'll probably be a lot more active and i'll post more than once a week so hopefully that makes up for it ;) i really missed all of you! i'm glad to be back. hooray for spring! <3 <3 <3

and all at once, the buds turned to blossoms

16

i. night in the midst of the city

slipping on a pair of boots and
    stepping out into the night, i
spread my arms wide. above me,
    stars dance; millions and millions of
sleeping galaxies. the moon sighs.

it is warm, especially for early spring.
    the soft night air spreads into my skin
filling me up and instilling in me 
    the slow-breathing sky. all around me,
the city creaks and groans with

the mutter of far-away traffic and
    glow of warm yellow lights to
ward off the darkness. and
    in the middle of it all, i stand,
with my arms outstretched and my
    feet now barefoot in the grass,
drunk with the delight of the
    warm, spring, night-time air.

ii. a vase of tulips

fiery-bright buds promise
the new life of spring;
unfurling into stained-glass glory
at the sound of church bells;
even the flowers are dressed in
their Easter Sunday best
and next to them
the most vibrant of get-ups
looks dull and pasty.

iii. an every-day prayer

oh, to be alive! 
to smile at the sin in all her finery,

to hear the birds
and smell the crocuses as they open,

to laugh and breathe! 
and as each day draws to an end,

to wait expectantly
to open our eyes yet again to the light of morning.

iv. Tully

she's already in love
with the air; the smells
that dance along; of
dreams she hasn't dared to dream;
of the wildest pines and stately oaks.

she's already in love
with the cornflower-blue sky
dotted with cotton-white;
prancing out of reach as she runs,
looking back at me and saying all the time,

"isn't this wonderful, to run under
the great sky and smell and
laugh? oh, there could be no
greater joy,"
 and she rolls, and
laughs.

we're already in love
with her.

v. the truth about love

what we've been missing all along
    is the great mystery of it all.
we don't know what we don't know,
    any more than the ducks,
flying overhead, know of us.

yet even the ducks have
    a little more figured out;
learn from them the grace and
    passion of love; limitless, logic-less
love.

they sing of it even now! far
    above my head.
Easter Sunday
part i - 3.28.21
part ii - 4.1.21
part iii - 4.2.21
part iv - 4.2.21
part v - 4.3.21

• April 6, 2021 - 9:03am (Now Viewing)

• Busssy.Beee

gosh! this is purely magnificent! the sense of joy and majesty spilling from your words is just so admirable. the life breathing out of your lines is just so eloquent. ah! it's like im constantly trying to gather all your diction into my palms (if that makes sense.) the way you create each mood, the way your words flow across the piece, it never fails to bring a smile on my face. it's so wonderful to be able to write so freely, yet beautifully. and if it's not too late, i would love to give you a warm welcome! so, welcome back (full-time) into write the world! to be honest, i was waiting to see your profile pop up on the dashboard throughout the week, and now you're finally here! sending lots of love!

• Mespotz

Oh this is beautiful!

RE: Thank you. That wasn't my best lol, but it was something.

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: hahaha yes it does rhyme XD

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: That would be awesome! We'd be the weirdest people ever haha. Its nice to meet you Blue, I'm Lou.

• ~wildflower~

I think this is the most joyful thing I’ve read on wtw! It’s so bright and beautiful and radiant, and it brought a smile to my face. Thank you for writing it!
    Re: haha you’re the second person today who’s said they like my accent! Thanks! It’s funny, I always forget I have an accent and tend to think that American and Australian accents are very similar, until I hear them next to each other. Thanks for your kind words! <3<3

yes wow just i feel fulfilled when i read your wonder(ful) work? like i didn't know i needed to read this so much but now, once i have, it's what i've been missing all along? i don't know... well paisley blue easter has happened and now here you are!!!
    re: ahhh yeah okay i've had a couple of my amazing comments destroyed by my evil internet! i've gotten in the habit of copy and pasting just in case... my one protection ha. so that sucks that ur computer died butttt you managed to write a stunning comment all the same! soooo thank you... that took ages to write because i kept deleting parts and then i didnt't know what i was writing about and then the style was just not my favorite because it felt to... factual and like there's no imagery but anyways! i wrote it and i'm done and know i'm just another rock person. so! mary oliver yes the bomb i read her whole wikipedia page lol and from what i know about ur personality and her life, yes you guys are like the same person ha and your poetry is just i don't know, a spirit of its own accord or something like that. okay okay anne with ane is my fav tv show and the first season kinda sucks but the 2nd and 3rdddddd!!! ahhhh i cried so much in the 3rd season you dont even know... so stick with the showwww! and yes little women is the best, the best. ha, your family stories!!!!! that's hilarious! um hmmm all i can think of is the time my dad threw his bike off a third story balcony. oh and when he almost got hit by a train crossing the tracks. that's it.... ha. and thats amazing!!! hugging people omg wow i, see, i dont even know how to hug anymore! but hopefully that will change with time because were going just for like 3 days to my friends lake house and well me and my friend obviously arent vaccinated but our parents are and so we will wear masks and stuff but maybe we'll also hug?? ahhhhhh! wow yeah ur summer seems packed! lots of fun! yes ha ur no allergies is the best flex!!!! blahhhh nose throat everythingggg hurtsssss. it's okay tho because i secretly love cough drops.... yeah i spend like so much time on here i mean its great but also. but also. hmmm i am going to camp (hopefully!) for 3.5 weeks so i'll have serious wtw withdrawal wow how will i get on without you people!!!! but i;ll bring my journal and deff write while im there.
    "don't worry, i always sound insane ;)" same blue, same... hehehahahahehe. oh and yeaaaahhhhh im on the blog wow crazyyyy tbh that pic of me.... ahhhh idk not what i normally look like. but thats cool that i kinda look like you imagined! ha yeah i think thats my fav shirt besides my book nerd shirt which im wearing right now. lots o love blue! <3<3<3

• Yellow Sweater

I am always utterly stunned by what you write. You take my breath away with your poetry.

Re: Thank you. I'm glad you like my satire. I think I may have found my form with creative nonfiction.

Oh gosh! This is gorgeous!! wow<3

• Avril

Ooh this is so beautiful!! "drunk with the delight of the warm, spring night-time air" Reading this makes me want to run outside and dance in the new grass! Such a perfect depiction of the joy of springtime.

Yay you're finally gonna be back! Happy Easter!

• crystalline•galaxies

what on earth, this is stunning!

• psithurism

re: Ahhhhhh thanks Ell!

• rosi willard

ack, hi? how ya doin'? haven't talked to you in a bit.

• rwong

ahhhh welcome back ell!!! you've been missed vv much!! okay and this piece! is such a good tribute to the beginning of spring!! its kinda funny cause here in CA it doesn't feel much different like all the seasons just merge and the weather doesnt really make sense and stuff but i guess bc you get snow so it feels pretty different and nicer. anyway i really like this piece and i think my favorite part is part v. especially the ending like "yet even the ducks have
    a little more figured out;
    learn from them the grace and
    passion of love; limitless, logic-less
    love."
    ack just beautiful and gorgeous as usual :) anyway sending love <3 hope to see you around more now!! <3 <3