chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ
ɪғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴀᴄᴇ ɪᴛ ɢʟᴀᴅʟʏ
ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴋᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

song quote of the week:
sunflower of parting regrets - hitoshizuku-p x yama△

most if not all of my pieces have songs linked to them. give them a listen, you might like what you hear.

i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness.

to mourn

8

the bird, every morning it sings the same song. if it weeps, no one can tell. no one will know. 
i used to collect stars before the added hour took them away. now, another one streaks across the sky without even looking sideways. you don't realize how unreachable the horizon really is until you lose something to it. how beautiful it looks, how vast the plain is. if you stare at it long enough, you might never touch the ground again. visualize it properly; you won't know what it was like. i hope you never will. 
it seems that i've lived long enough to see myself become something unapproachable but not long enough to see myself become human. i am not sad, but it is sad. do you remember? you weren't there. it is my fault that i have stopped holding every hand except for my own. i have let go of too many. 
my old house rebrands me as a stranger. if i close my eyes, i can see everything again where it used to be. picture frame in the corner and smiles chewed into the wallpaper. no more ghost town imprint and no more ghost. but everything is gone. i am only a fester on the side of the road. it feels as if all the walls i have painted until how have been for nothing. i am still left behind here in between two moons, two suns, two burning wood frames. still in the same place, just a little older and a little more decayed. 
i want to ask you if you knew of this place before its veins were recolored. every home is the same except for the faces through the windows. every sign is the same except the fingerprints in the chalk. i built a house on the edge of the village that was surrounded by others. while i can only sound self-absorbed now, i thought i had rusted enough staircase railings with spilled sweat. now, i live alone on a block. i am back where i began. 
call me vain now. i will not be forgiven for it because there is nothing to forgive. i am simply a product of every breath i have taken two seconds before. i am simply a product of all the opportunities i have failed to take and the ones i am now too tired to retake. 
the only person that thinks this is a tragedy is me. nonetheless, think of this as a smile and not a lamentation. a small smile, with the birds singing in the mourning. 

children's shine - chouchou

this one seems pretty meta, doesn't it? i love you all. 

also shinee came back. stream atlantis! 

oh MAN chrys.....

"you don't realize how unreachable the horizon really is until you lose something to it."
    The way you transition from imagery to emotion is stunning.
    "it seems that i've lived long enough to see myself become something unapproachable but not long enough to see myself become human."
    WHAT.
    "i want to ask you if you knew of this place before its veins were recolored. every home is the same except for the faces through the windows. every sign is the same except the fingerprints in the chalk."
    Dang it Chrys, how do you think of such glorious things??
    "the only person that thinks this is a tragedy is me. nonetheless, think of this as a smile and not a lamentation. a small smile, with the birds singing in the mourning."
    Oh wow. So poignant.
    You have such a way with words... it's beautiful.