River Rae

I love:
-Vaquitas (look it up it is a real animal)
-Wolves
-Reading and writing
-Singing
-Learning
-Reading and writing deserve to be here twice
-My dogs

Any feedback would be amazing! If you have any counter arguments or other ideas that fit this general category I would love to hear them!

Random thoughts

5
I’m just typing whatever comes to mind so this could be horrible or amazing. I realized that one fatal flaw in humanity is that we don’t care. It doesn’t start out that way, but it gets to that point. Eventually you start to feel left out and like the world doesn’t care about you. And when no one cares, you stop caring. Because what’s the point if no one will ever notice that you ever did care. And sure people will still care about their close friends and family, but hardly anyone will care about the strangers on the street. And it’s not that we don’t want to care, it’s that we get nothing in return, and survival is used to demand that we be selfish. Because we wouldn’t have survived if we weren’t, but that was then, this is now.
And we don’t seem to realize that we’re pushing our problems on the next generation, hoping they can fix what we broke, but they can’t. By the time the next generation is old enough for anyone to listen they’ve already stopped caring because they have their own lives by that point. And I’m not saying everyone is cold and doesn’t care, but it doesn’t take everyone to destroy a civilization, it just takes a moment of weakness. One moment of selfishness is like a single drop of a river. Alone it doesn’t matter. But when combined with every other drop of water a river flows. And when there’s too much water for the riverbed to hold it floods. Humanity’s weakness is the water and the flood is destroying us. 
Because if you think about it every single problem we have stems from humans. Racism, global warming, homeslessness, etc. None of these problems would exist if humans didn’t. And I’m not saying humans are these evil beings who created a plague to destroy the world, I’m saying we’re the ones who unknowingly released it. And now we’re the only ones with the power and resources to fix it but we can’t stand up and take responsibility for something we don’t think is our fault. We blame others because we didn’t find the lock and key, we didn’t put the key in the lock, we didn’t turn the handle. But we are opening the door, whether or not we realized, whether or not we care, we are opening the door. And once it’s fully open it can never be closed or locked. There’s no magic time capsule that will put everything back to how it was. We don’t get a second chance to not be ignorant.
So we have to act now against everything wrong with our world. Like it or not, this is our world and we’re not going to have a second. We have to live in whatever world we create, good or bad. We can’t be like other generations who just shove their problems under a rug until they’re lying on their death bed full of regret. We have to act, and now. Because things won’t get better if we don’t make them. We can’t force the world to care until we ourselves care. 
And that is the truth of this world. Happiness cannot leap through meadows if you keep it on a leash. Peace cannot exist if you keep snuffing out its light. Hope cannot live if you don’t give it air to thrive. Compassion, kindness, courage, even love cannot exist if you don’t let them. If you don’t blow on the flame the fire won’t start and the darkness will never end. The fear, grief, loneliness, and anger will never cease if we don’t have a weapon to fight them with. And the only weapon that can protect us from the dark, is the light. Joy, peace, hope, compassion, kindness, courage, love. This is the light that can protect us. But not if we don’t rely on each other to spark the flame.
Wow, that was kinda a lot. Thanks if you managed to make it to the end, and any feedback or opionions on the matter would be amazing.

• May 10, 2021 - 11:58am (Now Viewing)

• agvizz_

oh my goodness, i love this so much!!! this is amazing, im glad i took 5 minutes of my day to read this!

about 3 hours ago
  • Odysseus

"I’m saying we’re the ones who unknowingly released it."
    Pandora's box. Well done. :)

• LadyBug...

Worthy for a president. Great job!

• •TheVictoriousOne•

OH
    MY
    GOD!!
    YESSSSS
    PREACHHHHHH
    THIS
    PIECE
    IS
    SO
    *CHEFS KISS*

I WAS LITERALLY SPEECHLESS AFTER READING ITTTTTT