Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

I am not ashamed of my faith. I hold to the truth that Jesus is our messiah and savior and He is the only way to the Father. This day means more to me than any holiday. Today is the day my savior rose from the dead.

When I was little, I had the understanding that Jesus died and took God's wrath and punishment for my sins in my place. But as I get older, the realization that he *died* for me hits hard. He was mocked, accosted, and executed for crimes he did not commit...all so I could have a relationship with my Father...so that I could live eternally with Him.

I know not everyone will agree with me. Regardless of what your faith is, please be kind. I am not looking to start a debate or argument. I know nothing I say will change your mind and nothing you say will change mine, so it is pointless to argue. This piece was inspired by the truth I hold dear. I wanted to write something that brought honor to God and that shared the excitement and wonder I feel when I think of what happened this day so many years ago.

Have a Happy Easter.

by the early morning light

4
The women barely spoke as they walked. They kept their eyes on the dusty path that wound its way through the hill. A soft light warmed the earth from the rising sun. Pastel flowers were scattered around the gardens, weaving their way across the large stones. Birds sang quietly, yet even they were solemn in their song. The women's' spirits were low, their hearts having been broken in the days earlier. 
    Soon, a rough outline of the cave appeared. Its dark silhouette blocked out the early morning light.
    "Salome?" Joanna whispered, breaking the silence. "The stone...how will we move it?"
    Salome looked up, realizing for the first time the trouble. They would never be able to lift the stone. "Maybe one of the guards will--" her words faded as she saw what lay before them.
    Mary turned, looking for what had startled Salome. She gasped. The heavy stone that blocked the cave had been rolled away. 
    The women rushed forward, entering the tomb. It was empty. 
     Mary stumbled out of the cave, her thoughts raced, her heart sank. Had the Romans taken him? She scanned the gardens, searching for the guards. Mary blinked through her tears, squinting against the morning light...no, it wasn't the sun. Whipping around, Mary started backward, both amazed and frightened at what stood inside, next to the tomb. The figure took the appearance of a man, dressed in clothes of dazzling white. The women knelt down...it was an angel. 
    "Why do you seek for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen! Go and tell the other disciples!" Even as the angel's parting words faded, he vanished. 
    Mary knelt in front of the tomb, astonished at what she had just heard. Salome was the first to rise.
    "Come," she said, softly at first. "Come, Joanna, Mary..." Salome helped Joanna to her feet, her voice growing more fearful as she realized what the angel meant. "Mary, we must hurry!" Salome urged. "The Roman's may return--they may think we stole the body."
    Mary simply shook her head. She couldn't believe it. Tears streaming, she motioned for the others to go without her.
    They left her.
    Mary waited, crying by the side of the tomb. Presently, she heard footsteps approaching her. 
    "Woman," the voice said. "Why are you crying?"
    Mary turned to see a gardener. "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away," she pleaded. 
   "Mary," the gardener said.
    Mary looked up, eyes wide. As the man said that one word--as he called her name--she recognized him. It was Jesus. 
    "Rabboni! Teacher!" she cried.
    "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father, to my God and your God. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me."
    Mary ran as fast as she could down the path. Her heart pounded. All that she had seen in the past few days, all that she had heard in the past three years came rushing back. The prophecies Jesus had taught...of the temple being destroyed and built again in three days. She thought of all he had said of his coming death. Jesus had been crucified three days prior, and now he lived!
    Mary ran through the doorway of Mark's home and into the upper room where she found the other disciples. "Peter! Peter! It has happened! Just as he said it would!" Mary's voice rang through the morning silence. Her previously tear-streaked cheeks now shone with a wonder and excitement. "I have seen the Lord!"

taken from the various accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John from the Holy Bible. 

• nolongeractive

Re: That sounds great, I may try that! And yes, always original hahaha ! Much love!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you much, and I play some instruments but I am not really a singer; however I have melodies for everything I write and I may ask someone I know to sing and record them so I can share them here!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much!!! You are so kind!!

• nolongeractive

This is amazing and I literally stopped dead reading this lol, I am it really is magnificent and I love all the meaning behind it, you are just amazing!

• books4life

re: hey! did you ever read my chapter 17? No rush, was just wondering what your insight was :) thanks.

Ooh I got chills. I love your message board too; I have a similar story. This year I've found myself tearing up when rereading stories of His sacrifice. And He is risen!

• anemoia by a thread

Oh, wow. I loved how you wove this into a story from this POV. beautiful. and your message board—powerful. keep strong, sister. and happy easter! <3

• sophie_simile

Beautiful writing!! Happy Easter <3