Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY!<3

~~~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ~~~~~

And go check out FantasyOtter12’s amazingly clever poem “Rhymes with mindfruit”!! It’s great!

15 Cherry Blossoms (FOOTNOTES!)

15
The tree stands in the clearing,
A welcoming presence in a dark wood
Richly painted bark and long ivy 
Moonbeams dance upon his face
And the strong tree only smiles

Fifteen branches
Reaching towards the aqua sky
Pointing high above to the wonder of the heavens
With wispy fingers that are ever moving
Always searching for answers
Among the truths of life

Fifteen cherry blossoms bloom in such vivid colors
A gentle wind whisks away the harshness of the night,
Carrying only the sound of the tree’s kind laughter
Tears are wiped gently away,
And the sapling whispers,
“Tell me your story, and I will listen”

Fifteen years
And here you stand in the clearing 
A bright light for all around you
That draws in
Those who need 
A friend

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CONNOR! *blows horn, puts on party hat, grabs piece of cake* 15 feels a little different, doesn’t it? It’s a little scary... in three years we’ll be adults. That’s one reason why I’m so thankful to have such great friends by my side, including you. You are so kind, supportive, and caring. I hope you have an incredible day, because you deserve it. Thank you for everything. Really.

<<GO TELL MINDFRUIT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thanks everyone! Love you all!! <3333

• April 3, 2021 - 11:44am (Now Viewing)

• ChimChim_1

Re: OMG Y E S Bulletproof: the Eternal is such a BOP P.s no, problem :3:3:3

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: and the same goes for you--I'm alway here if you need me:)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: thanks so much eden^^ I worked pretty hard on it.
    awe:) I'll be okay.

RE: Haha and no, you’re not at all! I’ve definitely found such comfort in book characters- it’s kind of like a starting point for creating characters in your dreams (loll hope that makes sense)
    Ahh I know, it was a hard question!
    LOLL, that’s a good one though. I loved Ninja Turtles! Wait, I just searched dup Donatello to make sure I knew what one he was and noooo- he was the one with the purple bandanna. Omg I had a crush on him too!! LOLLL, what is it about purple?
    Ooh I would have to say Spiderman cause I lived off of those cartoons when I was younger haha! Oooh or one of the characters from Totally Spies (did you ever watch that or is it just me haha?)

• gabimarie

re: i'm so glad i could help! i plan to write more pieces like that in the future, so thank you for letting me know that you liked it!
    ofcourse thank you for putting me in your bio too!! i love to support people, especially ones who understand me like this :)
    bts run is so good! it's on vlive, which you can access on your laptop, or you can download it on your phone. it definitely helps to watch in order, because they have a day spread out in three or so episodes. however, I'm too lazy to go all the way back three years, so i watch it newest to oldest haha.
    i definitely recommend it because it juts adds so much context to the boys, and makes you fall in love with them all over again. fair warning, though: it's as chaotic as it can get! :)

• doodleninja

re: hm, the more popular ones are probably "boy in luv", "danger", "no more dream", and "we are bulletproof pt. 2" (all those have a music video)
    but then some underrated ones are "spinebreaker", "jump", and "attack on bangtan". i just love rocking out to them XD

• (sk)eyesofocher

I just posted it--but I think I might do something different for the comp, if I enter!

• SamRose

Re: Tysm! :)

• gabimarie

re: awww i'm so glad you liked that piece! i think it's really important that we take care of ourselves, but sometimes we need someone else to give us permission, so i want to let everyone know that it's ok to take a break sometimes!!
    also yesss let's be twins!! i only have one kpop friend :(( so it always makes me really happy to talk to someone who GETS it. i love not having to censor my fangirl side; it's so liberating!
    bts run is literally my favorite show; not only does it help me with my korean, but it's just instant serotonin. they make me so happyyyy

• (sk)eyesofocher

Re: oh cool! I think I will, I’m just not sure hahaha. But I’ll post it soon and you can tell me what you think!

Re: Thank you!! Good luck to you too!

• gabimarie

re: i completely agree! i just redid my room the other day and i have a wall of stickers, posters, and photocards of them. gosh i think we're both broke because of these boys. and yes i feel like if jimin isn't your bias, he's your bias wrecker. he's my bias, but I'm not the most loyal stan...
    yess my one wish is to hang out with them in real life. can you imagine??

• gabimarie

re: THANK YOUUU i saw it and decided it was too beautiful to not use sooo here we are. jimin is just absolute perfection. magic personified. ughhh and don't even get me started on hobi istg that man is happiness in a body :PPP

• (sk)eyesofocher

Re: argh that makes two of us. And it’s only *looks at watch distantly* Tuesday.....
    Ermmmm well I’m not sure if I’ll enter it—it was really just a thing I started and actually really like. I’ll actually post some of it later, but I only like some of it lol sooo

• (sk)eyesofocher

I FORGOT WHAT
    Re: hahahahahaha! I’m pretty good! Working on a poem song thing. How’re youuyuuuhuu?

• doodleninja

re: binge-ing bts music is one of my fave pastimes honestly XD
    i recently listened to a bunch of their older songs, mostly from skool luv affair and dark & wild, that whole era. and i REALLY enjoy that grunge/punk/hiphop style they had. it's so different from the softer, more heartwarming style they have now, and i just find it so fascinating how much they've changed over the years XD
    idk, do you like their early music, or have you listened to any songs from back then? :)

• ChimChim_1

Re: BTW you never fail me with a good pfp of JungKook!!

• ChimChim_1

Re: YASSS IKR!! my favorite part was the ¨Lalalalala¨ P.s Aww, thank you T-T your such a good friend. You are also an amazing and talented person and I admire that a LOT. so, let's both STAY GOLD!! :3:3

RE: Hahah!
    And aww yeah it really is!
    Haha sameee! Aw, yeah, same (well the opposite I guess- a passion for book characters but I still love music)
    Lol, I’m just like reiterating your whole message!
    Oooh that’s cool. No, I didn’t either. Aw shoot, well this question was a dead end! I was hoping you would have been a more interesting child than me! XD Ok, here’s another question, (a thinking one too!) which cartoon character do you wish was real?

re: aha lol you're totally fine!!
    I looked at my notifications and saw there were five and I was like "watch them all be eden" and then they were all you and I laughed out loud it was so funny.
    I'm glad you've decided it was Jimin, he sounds like perfect boyfriend material.

• doodleninja

re: Heyo! i'm doing pretty good, thanks!
    and I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC AND FILM OUT WAS SO PRETTY AND AESTHETIC AND IT'S SUCH A CHILL SONG I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
    How've you been doing? XD

re: HAHAH that's hilarious.
    I think you should definitely take one more quiz just to see between the two of them.
    However if you were to ask me I would tell you that your soulmate is Jimin because I got jungkook and JUNGKOOK IS MINE (lol)
    but yeah tell me who you get!!!1

• gabimarie

re: yes! i only have one kpop friend, but he mostly listens to stray kids and ateez. I'm so glad that we can find each other in this world :) . i purple youuu <3

• gabimarie

re: yessss i completely agree! bulletproof the eternal hits different, especially when you watch the music video. the first time i see/heard it, i sobbed my freaking eyes out. we are honestly so so so incredible blessed to be living in the same time period bts is

re: I took the "who is your bts/bangtan boyfriend" on quotev, "who is your bts boyfriend" on buzzfeed, and "who is your bts ultimate bf quiz!" on proprofs quizzes.
    Ooh interesting! Yeah I've noticed Jimin is very caring. And I totally get V lol. They're both so lovable and funny and adorable. (I mean they all kind of are) i can't think of a bias wrecker in bts (lol I don't even stan) I know my bias would be definitely suga but I can't think of anything else. Ooooh maybe it would be jin? Yes Jin would definitely be my bias wrecker. Ha I tend to like the least popular in the group. (jongho is the least popular in ateez as well).
    What's kinda weird is that my friend's bias in bts when she used to stan was suga (and maybe rm) and her bias in ateez is jongho...like me. She the one who's introverted. Lol maybe we just share the same taste.

re: ok soooo I just took some lol
    I took three for each group. All the bts quizzes weirdly gave me the same answer, which was jungkook. Honestly, I'm surprised I thought I would get someone else. But that's totally fine I'm down with jungkook.
    Out of the three ateez quizzes two gave me hongjoong and one gave me seongwha. Ha I used to have a crush on hongjoong so that's kinda funny....but I think my type would totally be seongwha.
    OOh also I saw this thing once that said that your bias is you and your bias wrecker is your type. I mean, it kinda works, right? I would love to believe that I'm like jongho....but I totally agree that seongwha is my type so...
    do you have a bias wrecker in bts?

re: your welcome :D
    ahahaha lol I think maybe I might have? I'm not sure. I always cringe at myself taking those types of quizzes, but I have taken many bts quizzes and some ateez quizzes (there aren't as many) about other stuff. Oof maybe I'll take one right now and tell you the result...
    Who do you get?

re: aaah same!!! Talking with you has been such a great experience! I love our conversations!
    oh gosh I've honestly never had a crush so I can't offer any advice lol. But I can only imagine how frustrating and sorta stressful it can be.

• beth r.

aw cute!
    re: aw thanks :)

re: Lol I could tell! Extroverts are pretty chill haha. Yeah thats really cool though that you can relate so much to that song!
    Same!! Music is a huge way for me to cope. And I'm going to be honest, but kpop is really good about that. I have never heard music in my life that I relate to so much. It's really awesome. Oh dang good luck with your crush :)
    I know it's crazy to me! We have the highest voice in the group and the lowest voice, but they blend and harmonize so beautifully!
    Nah don't worry about it! I'll always be down to talk about bts with you :) thanks for checking out so many songs!

re: yes! I relate to that a lot, too! I'm a big introvert, and I think people have hard time understanding me. My personality is a little weird to be honest, sometimes I don't understand it myself. So yeah I totally get why you love love myself so much!
    And it's so nice that you've found a song that resonates with you like heartbeat! That's truly wonderful :)
    Actually I have heard friends before!! It's the sweetest cutest most loving song ever. The music video is so sweet too! They were friends in highschool, right? Also can I just say how wonderfully Jimin and V's voices sound together? It's so beautiful!
    That song kinda reminds me of "thank u" by ateez which hongjoong wrote for seongwha, except I think friends is slightly better. But they're both great songs!
    Oh I will, thank you for enduring how much I bring it up lol. I definitely will be thrilled :)

RE: Ohhhh, you see it has been a long time since I last had root beer and maybe that was the problem all along. Imagine that- if I had taken a sip just a few minutes earlier, I might never have gained that hate XD and hahah, loll, sameee!
    Yes, they really are, it’s very hard to choose one favourite when you know that you only enjoy it because it’s a break from the rest!
    And oooh yeah, definitely music lyrics are a lot deeper because they’re so open for interpretation. I guess I’ve never been much of a music person though so I’m a bit prejudiced.
    And haha, aww thank you! You are too! And haha, well I guess we’re too similar for it not too! Ok new question, did you ever have an imaginary friend?

RE: Haha yeah!
    And haha I’m glad you can see my side XD and haha, if you can see it, why would you still like it? (But wait, on the other hand, sometimes I do kind of, maybe, sort of like toothpaste XD)
    And yes- although haha, I kind of cheated cause out of only 4 seasons I picked 2 But btw, summer is still awesome cause I mean it’s summer! And you made a super valid point as well! (I wrote this in my last comment but for some reason it wouldn’t post!)
    And ooh ok this is a tough one. Hmm I would probably say books though cause you really get to see the choices the characters make and the thoughts that race through their heads. You just get a super in-depth look whereas music lyrics are a lot more open ended. -which can definitely be a lot more relatable to some people. But a lot of books have that classic books nerdy character that I can relate to lol. Wbu? (Also wow, why are your questions so awesome?)

• gabimarie

re: yessss their solos are just brilliant. they really highlight their specific talents. only jimin could've pulled off promise, jk's euphoria is stunning, tae's singularity is AMAZING, and yoongi absolutely KILLS as agust d. i completely agree, i could never pick just one favorite song!!

re: happy easter eden :)

RE: Yes! I’m glad I can talk to you about it cause I swear my family thinks I’m making it up sometimes XD
    Ooh I just searched that type up- I’d actually never heard of it before but that’s really cool! Sad that it hurts for so long though and haha yeah, that’s the only thing keeping me going- the end result.
    Haha yeah! And *sigh* I guess that’s where our similarities end. I think Dr. Pepper and root beer are just ew! Root beer tastes like toothpaste and Dr. Pepper idk, doesn’t it taste peppery? (loll wait, that’s the whole point) I think I liked root beer once when I was younger and then all of a sudden, I stopped- but fineee, I won’t hold it against you XD
    I find the summer to be too hot! I like the spring and fall cause they’re just right. Spring has everything new and there’s rain. Fall has beautiful (crunchy) leaves and perfect slightly chilly breeze. Both of them have the perfect weather (in my opinion XD) -especially for reading books!

re: I kind of liked "love myself"! It was so pretty, and kind of inspirational!! Not my favorite of their songs, but a really good one! And the lyrics were so beautiful.
    Aw and heartbeat is such a sad song! I really liked it. And the music video melted my heart, too...I just wanted to give them all hugs lol.

re: Ooh I've never heard those two, but I'll listen to them!
    yeah actually I totally get that! Answer was the first ateez song that I liked, it's kind of what drew me in. Yup jongho's vocals are beautiful. I think mingi might be coming back soon though, because he called Jongho and told him so. And according to my sister he posted at least one thing on social media. I'm hoping and praying :)
    But I'll defiinetly listen to those two bts songs and tell you what I think!

re: ah ok cool that makes sense!
    I have a lot of favorites lol I'm not sure I'd be able to pick just one.
    I think my favorite solo artist song is "eyes nose lips" by Taeyang
    Favorite ateez song is either "thanxx" "answer" or "fireworks"
    and favorite bts song is "stay gold" or "the truth untold"
    lol sorry I have a lot of favorites haha. What about yours?

re: that's exactly how I would describe them! They tend not to write emotional songs (I wish they did ore of that) but most of their songs are intense stuff that you can just bop and vibe to.
    Mingi is the one in say my name that does most of the chorus and hongjoong is the one in thanxx wearing that weird half skirt thingy (you can probably tell from their voices lol)
    and then there's my boy jongho hitting his high-notes in thanxx
    Also did you watch live performances or music videos? (just curious)
    i'd love to hear more of your reaction and what you think!

re: Happy Easter to you too!!!
    O gosh that's so nice of you! I'd be totally down to talk about them! (never going to give up a chance to talk about my boys lol)
    What did you think? (those are good songs to start out with, too)

RE: Of course! And hahah, yeah!
    Hahaha no worries- I’ve been perfecting my list over years XD
    Ooh ok so basically they’re like clear trays you put over your teeth (sort of like dentures) and you get new ones every two weeks (kind of mimics getting your braces tightened). You have to wear them 22 hours of the day and you have to take them out to eat and drink (only allowed them in for water). So it stops a lot of snacking throughout the day :( The first two days they hurt so bad but now it’s stopped hurting as much. Although I still can’t eat anything really chewy or hard cause it hurts (hehe, it’s how I convinced my mum to get me a Starbucks Frappuccinno the other day ) Do you have just normal braces? What are they like? and ooh ok, this is kind of a hard one. Ok, if you mean anything other than water than Mango Juice! I know it has tons of sugar but it’s just so yummy. And for pop I like Sprite- although tbh, I don’t really drink pop. Wbu? (Haha same, they’re just so fun to answer! Next one, favourite season?)

Aww this was such a sweet birthday piece! I love how descriptive you are and "always searching for answers/among the truths of life" was just spectacular!
    RE: Aww yes!! And haha aww that’s nice! Oooh I know! I want to go somewhere so bad!
    Aww, of course, you’re so sweet too!! And haha, they really are the weirdest thing ever! And aw yeah!
    Haha awesome! HAHA, honestly same buttt for chocolate l have a hierarchy lol- yes, you read that right- a hierarchy
    1. Lindor
    2. Toblerone
    3. Milky Bar (it’s this British white chocolate that is sooo yummy!)
    (Also I know realize that I don’t think I asked your favourite chocolate so feel free to rank your chocolates now as well- or is that just a weird me thing LOL)
    Oooh candy yesss!! Sour gummy worms are my favourite too!! They are the absolute best!! Oooh haha, I just go Invisalign a few days ago so I haven’t been able to have gum for a while either *stifled sobs* but I would have to say Trident Tropicl Twist although mm, watermelon is yummy!

Re: You too, Lark <3

re: Yup!
    Oh, I'm sure they will! I can't wait to see what they do next :)

Aw, I love this tribute, it's really pretty and the cherry blossom theme is just wonderful! The description is also lovely.

Re: You're welcome! Ah true; he just picked his alias based on mine so it'd be clear we're related.

re: aha no you're totally fine! I would have done the same thing if we were talking about ateez.
    Yeah no honestly I don't really wan tto think about either. I'm kind of gonna miss them too. Hopefully it will be a long time until they disband!

Re: I'm doing pretty well! Aw so sweet thanks! I'll tell her. (you forget that my real last name isn't Blackwood lol)

This is a gorgeous piece!! So glad Connor gets this lovely poem for his birthday.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh cool! Haha my brothers is like a week after mine, my sisters in March, and then we have like an 8th month break :p

re: o dear lol. It's just a theory haha.
    She was just saying that it seems about time since most of them are pretty old and they still have to do their military service. She said within a couple years (2023?) But I think their contract ends in 2024, so that doesn't really make sense. I think her main point is that jin is going to be in his 30s soon and might want to get going.
    I'm not exactly sure, I just asked her and she doesn't seem to have a good explanation. Whatevs i honestly wouldn't read too much into it. I don't think she's right.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Ya np! I trust everyone on here with knowing I live in Manhattan and knowing my real name so why not tell you the bday? :D And that's so cool! It's annoying having it right after Xmax though as a Christian :/ Tell your sister happy 8 months and something left to her bday XD

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Hey Eden! Wow, thank you SO SO much for this piece! It means a lot to me that you made a poem to celebrate my birthday — so thank you! I love the whole theming (themeing? theme-ing?) behind it all, cherry blossoms are really beautiful and to me I've always associated them with life and a sort of tranquility, so reading this created a nice positive vibe for me. I love all the little descriptions as well, they just add a nice poetic and unique touch to the entire piece. I think my favorite lines would have to be "Fifteen cherry blossoms bloom in such vivid colors " and "Fifteen years/And here you stand in the clearing /A bright light for all around you", they just paint such an amazing and uplifting picture in my mind. Great way to start a new year for me! Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D ~birthday hugs back~ and thank for your encouragement in your comment, it means a lot to me :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh right! Haha, I see. My bday's on, let's see.....*tries to remember bday due to tiredness* January 10th :) One more bday for you to know :D

• ArtCat

RE: I don't know any of their song names, but I've heard their songs when my friends play it while we hang out. :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Definitely not going through the other comments....but how do you know it's his birthday? And everyone else's! But yes, happy birthday mindfruit!

• ArtCat

re: I will listen to any type of music, but I'm not a huge fan of rap. I listen to Ed Sheeran quite a bit. I saw you like BTS (many of my friends are huge fans!) :D

oh my guac how do you have upped the bar eden what do i do now lmao

re: what the flippity do dah dude the lyrics are actual poetry!! they're so beautiful! o my gosh wow!
    also lol my sister has this theory that bts is disbanding soon lol. I don't think they are, but then again who knows.

• ArtCat

Re: It’s so hard to pick! I honestly don’t know if I have one right now. I love The Land of Stories, Harry Potter, and the Percy Jackson series:) What’s your favorite book?

re: Yeah the music video was very abstract (and beautiful) I wonder if it has to do with their story line? (Do you follow that?)
    And the vocals are very good! And also that reminds me to look at the lyrics lol I'll do that after breakfast :)

• ArtCat

Wow this is a beautiful piece! Happy Birthday Conner! Also, hi! Nice to meet you, I’m Catherine:)

This is probably going to give it away, but I share a birthday with Rupert Grint and Alan Walker-- scratch that. Rupert Grint and Alan Walker share birthday's with me.

eep! i had no idea, but happy birthday connor!!

question: how do you know everyone's birthday? the biggest hint i've dropped on mine was who i share it with