Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

(originally posted April 2, 2021)

Murphy

11

Sunlight drips from your eyes
Oh how the time always flies
Things don't shine like they used to

The fires of fate burn so loud
There is a such beautiful sound
And I think it belongs to you

Hearts turn their beating down
As everybody looks around
Something special is coming soon

A door shuts and takes the key
But there is always more to be
Someday I think you'll know what to do
This is for Murphy, from American Idol (I think I've watched all the episodes but please don't put spoilers in the comments). There's just something so special about him. I can't define it. His voice and genre aren't my type, but I can't take my eyes off him. He's so special. I sent him this poem, even though I know he gets tons of messages and will probably never see it.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: haha, yeah that makes since. Anyway, have a great rest of the day!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thank you!! :) And thanks; haha, I actually wasn’t sure! (And your brother joined as Alex Blackwood...) XD Well, happy birthday Mrs. Anne’s mom! ;)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey Anne! How are you?
    I saw on Connor’s page that it’s your mom’s birthday, so I came to say happy birthday to her.... So Happy Birthday Mrs. Blackwood (lol).

RE: Oh my, I just watched Murphy’s audition and you are so right! He’s amazing! I love his voice and his message and just wow!

• Booklover12

Re: No problem I give compliments where they are deserved! I might go and do that right now :)

• Booklover12

This is so beautiful! Ive never watched American idol...but even without knowing who it was about I found it breathtaking! The first line just draws you in so perfectly! :)

• ~wildflower~

Ahhh this flows so perfectly!

I love this! It's really a nice description of somebody! Haven't seen American Idol, what's it about?

replying: yeah i get it, i watched his audition after reading:) he's so talented. i understand when you say you can't describe him. he's so unique and special. such a ray of sunshine

I love this! The rhyming is so well-done, “sunlight drops from your eyes” is soo beautiful! And “a door shuts and takes the keys” wow!
    RE: Aww you’re so sweet, I’m glad you liked it! And haha, you’re right lol! Thank youuu! :)

• katnissromanoff

Wow, this is so beautiful!! I love it :) And Murphy is amazing, he's been one of my favorite contestants this season. As you said, he's so special. His personality and everything, I just love watching him perform. Great job on this poem!

ah this is so pretty. "Things don't shine like they used to" kjnklkl yes
    also girl you know if he replies i need to be notified

• almost flora kane

also this poem is really cool, especially because it's for someone in particular. i really hope he sees it! these lines are my favorite: "There is a such beautiful sound / And I think it belongs to you"