Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

wrote this last year :)

The Dusk Sings

13

sitting in silence, waiting for the dawn
the dusk sings softly
the ground quivers
the night wind is holding a lantern
i don’t write poetry for anyone
in my loneliness hatches warmth of the day

:)

• April 2, 2021 - 2:47am (Now Viewing)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

So beautiful and deep, wow. I love the tone and those last two lines are amazing! Great piece!
    Re: awww, thank you! :) I’m so happy it can encourage you at least a bit! <3

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much!

• Nikki

oooooo! NU PIECEEEEE! love it :)
    re: oh my! that really sucks. im sorry to hear she took it that badly :( thank you so much for your love and support <3
    also how are ya?

• McK13

So beautiful and expressive! I love how authentic this is! Re: Thank you so much for commenting and reading! Same, I'm always keeping my eye out when I walk anywhere even when it's the middle of the day so I completely agree that so many issues need to be acknowledged and acted upon immediately. I'm super glad that you thought it was a sweet song with lots of love though :)

• Avril

I adore this!! I wonder how many poets throughout history have experienced exactly this...sitting with a lantern late into the night and writing poetry for no one but themselves. I love how you describe it; "the night wind is holding a lantern". *shivers with delight*
    Re: thanks so much for all your kind comments!

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you!!!

• Parisienne

sorry, just realised in my comment I read your piece as dawn rather than dusk. I am so dumb sometimes *sigh* but this piece is just, ahh, so perfect :)

• Parisienne

This is so, so beautiful. I can picture the scene, the sky pink with the coming sun and everything slowly being brought to life in the morning air - beautiful! I adore your poetry :)
    So, so sorry for this late reply. My A levels are coming up next term so I am madly trying to cram facts into my brain. How are you? I hope everything is good with you.
    re: I am so happy your exam week is over whooop!!! Free woman again! It's so lovely to be back at college thank you for asking, I love seeing my friends again and getting to be in the place that I love for my last term. Nothing very extraordinary has happened, but tbh just being out of lockdown and with my friends feels extraordinary enough. How's school with you?
    'it's wonderful to have a lot of "private space"(since people here like to sit far apart if there are a number of seat choices) in a "public" tranport :)' I so relate to this, I love to just sit on the bus alone and stare out the window listening to a podcast or some music. It's so peaceful to have some alone time isn't it? Yes, empty buses are scary over here too, I prefer having just a few people on it to feel safe (but obvs two seats to myself so I can stretch out a bit as I have ludicrously long legs :).
    'teachers do play a role in determining whether we're interested in a certain subject haha.' this is so true I couldn't agree more. I remember being totally put off some subjects just because the teacher's were bad. I am so sorry about your physics teacher (she sounds damn grumpy geezz) but I am relieved if it didn't put you off of pursuing the subject :). Good that your current teacher is nice - it makes it so much easier to engage with the topic.
    'YESSS I do agree with you that there should not be any wrong interpretation of arts! But I do think there can be a "best" one(like maybe a most reasonable one? I'm not really sure but I feel I can always strive for a better interpretation of artworks) ' yes, I agree with this. Sometimes I read critical articles on my lit pieces and I just think 'wow' because the interpretations they have of the text are so different to my own but so profound. Yes it really can be mentally exhausting constantly analysing words but I am able to switch off analysis mode when reading for pleasure. 'I'm glad your lit class is fun though -- y'all must've had a lot of interesting and amazing discussions! :)' yes, we have the most amazing discussions on our work and it's really funny too!
    Oooh yes, you must try green tea shampoo (it definitely brightens up my mornings). Ah yes, I adore the christmas display in Body shop - they do it so prettily don't they?
    Sorry again about my slow reply, I hope you are good and looking forward to hearing from you!!
    Lots of love
    Becca <3333

• crystalline•galaxies

re: so this is a very, very late reply (i apologize). out of all of his songs, i think my favorite might be either "match in the rain" or "tie my laces" (good grief, it's so hard to choose one -- i love them all so, so much). "paper crown" is absolutely gorgeous as well...

This is so sweet! I can really imagine the descriptions, especially “ground quivers”!
    RE: Aww thank you!

This is so gorgeous!! <3

• Starlitskies

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my piece too! <3

• Starlitskies

This is beautiful. I love how raw it is.
    "i don’t write poetry for anyone " - This line is so lovely and kinda relatable for me.
    Re: I'll definitely make sure to watch the trilogy (twice if I get the chance ;) ). I went to school last Thursday and it indeed was exhausting! Pretty sure I'm still recovering from it, haha. I was so excited to receive your email; I'll be replying over the weekend. Hope everything's going well for you! <3

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you!
    This is beautiful!