Avril

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door."

seventeen years old
joined June 2020
community ambassador alumn!

I love to write reviews, so if you need one let me know in a comment on one of my pieces!

shadows are fragile creatures

Treadmill Thoughts

15

The shadow girl on the wall runs with her head held high. Shoulders back, arms pumping to the rhythm of her footsteps, wire trailing down from her ear. She looks steady, brave. Strong.

Is she?  

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Whoa, top job, mate!

Woww I love the way you describe this fierce shadow and then cast a doubt in the readers mind at the last line with a simple sentence too!
    RE: Awww thank you!!
    Aw of course! And haha no worries, I’m always forgetting who to respond to- hence me being like 3 days late on replys sometimes. Although I guess you’re lucky this time XD Oooh awesome! ahh, I’m kind of boring, I just live in Southern Ontario :( What about you?

• barelybear

Ahhhh this is so great! I think the text gives such a shivery, insecure feeling, and then the message box ties it up so gorgeously!
    Re: thank you!! I always get nervous about poetry ahah, but the idea came to me like midnight the day before the prompt was due (ah don’t they all) and then I rewrote the whole piece hah. I’m so happy you got a really powerful flip, and your comment made me feel so proud :)
    Sending you happy vibes and midnight ideas :D
    Ellie

• nolongeractive

This is so good and such an interesting topic! Your pieces are always so unique! Amazing work!

• BizzleWrites

Re: If it's not too much trouble that would be great! Thankyou in advance :).

• BizzleWrites

Re: Thankyou!! I would say that's the vibe I was going for :). This is a great piece, by the way! Is what it says in your profile still true? I could always use reviews, no pressure though.

• sci-Fi

wow. this is powerful.

• psithurism

re: Thanks! :)

• gabimarie

re: thank you! i was inspired by a book i was reading haha; so glad you liked it; have an amazing day :)

• Zirong

omg this is really powerful! The last line just hits me so hard! And yea I do agree that shadows are fragile creatures :)

• ect.13

Ooh this is really thought-provoking and so well written! That last line is super powerful - well done :)

Re: thanks so much for your lovely comment <3

• gabimarie

thank you so much for the review!! i loved all of your feedback, and i will definitely incorporate some of it into the next draft! thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for me :) have an amazing day!

• wishtree

ooh i love this, & that last line is amazing.

re: thank you so much!!

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you!!!
    This is really good! The last line really gets you