Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

So. Some of y'all probably need to get caught up on the MB chronicles. This poem was genuinely written, but I figured it'd also be a good place to sum everything up. (Recent update at the end)
We met in math class 2 years ago when I switched schools. I thought he was cute. He switched out of the class. The next year we had class together again and I was annoyingly attracted to him but it didn't go further. We had a fun dynamic.
Pandemic hit. Didn't think about him much. Suddenly kept thinking about him while praying and reached out over email. We became friends.
I started to have feelings. Found out he'd liked me the whole time we've known each other and I said I liked him but I'm not allowed to date and he's not Christian or compatible. Became better friends despite the weirdness. I worried if I could trust him but decided overall it was good.
He stopped liking me for a few days but it didn't really last at all. I've prayed for him ever since I met him. He was somewhat open to me talking about Jesus but was stubborn.
YESTERDAY we talked about God a lot and I was extremely distressed over his unwillingness to accept what he knew was true and what could help him. Then he finally accepted Christ!!!!!! So freaking. Excited. Happy happy happy.
Later he said he'd "lost all control of his feelings for me" and was so grateful for everything. He said he loved me...

P. S. He's 17 almost 18 and I'm 16.5.

Dang it guys I might be falling in love (message board)

27

You bring out the gold in me
And suddenly it doesn't feel fake anymore
It feels beautiful
I feel beautiful
You did that
For me
And I don't want to let it go
I don't want to let you go
Only a half hour after writing King of False Love, and I wrote this. Speechlessly confused. This hesitant epiphany feels like agony on my heart. I'm in over my head. I think I love him in a new way now. A way I'm not ready for.

Over the past few weeks, the song 90% of someone has become the theme song of my heartbreak (wow how cheesy).

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh-um-wow.

• lochnessie

woAH
    wow i'm really happy for you anne and for mr nice.friend! processing though lol, wait
    is this C? what happened to C i-
    okay
    that's super cool! so, i don't mean this in a rude way, but i genuinely want to know lol - why can't/don't you date people who aren't christian? i know this sounds weird, but i didn't know this was like a set -rule- thing? agh i'm just making a mess in your comments hahah ahaha i'm so sorry

• WrenBirdWrites

Hehehehe *knows the feeling*

• I Think I Loved You Once

I'm happy that you're feeling better about everything, though I still doubt he's up to snuff! I need to know more about him '-'
    I hope if you end up dating, it's just for fun thoughhhhhhh
    No marrying MB!!! That would literally be the worst ever >-

Re: I don't want to have a crush! It's just that that would awkwardise (is that a word?) everything, and I don't want to (Cries internally). But thank you for your opinion. I shall now go consult google.

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Oh, that's a big, but encouraging, story. The poem is really good, though, despite the heartache. I can't date yet, and it's really hard for me to have crushes right now, but I'm slowly getting back into it. Keep on writing!

RE: Whoops, sorry. I am so bad at interpreting things (messed up yet again). Still, it's good you were able to hopefully push him in the right direction towards Christ because you're both friends.

Wow....read the message box...that's crazy! I'm really happy for you...you should invite him to your church and everything. Obviously, you guys are still pretty young and he has a long way to go in his walk with faith, but that's still amazing! I'll be praying for you two!

• almost flora kane

re: i haven't made any of them yet, but i have a longggg list of ideas so i was just kinda seeing if anyone would be interested. i'd want to be informative and funny, making videos on random things and facts and stuff until i find a niche:)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Aw no you’re amazing Anne! And wow, sounds amazing and exciting to me as a hopeless romantic :)

Re: Yep. I think. Im also still confused with it XD we'll be changing back today prolly

• ANSON REYNOLDS

MY GOSH AW AH AW CNMILWEIOSLCNEHSFBUNCSUWKD CAN I BE INVITED TO THE WEDDING? JK, BUT POINT IS, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU
    as soon as I read the title I started smiling but then I read the message board. oh my freaking gosh, the message board. I am... just speechless and so excited for you, and will be praying for you guys, and I hope God keeps his hand on yall bc for the rest of whatever is going to happen and IM BACK INTO CAPITALS BC O.H. M.Y. G.O.S.H.

• psithurism

re: Thanks Anne! :)

Re: Lol yea we switched name pfp bio and message board for april fools but it ended up being a very odd and confusing experience XD ill be republishing "Ice Burns" under the name FantasyOtter12 tmrw morning or smth

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: :) Omg I’m so rude! How are YOU doing with all this? The love thing etc? (Weird question but is being in love, idk, fun? *face palms self* I am waayyy too nosy sryyy)

Re: Eeeeeeeeee yeah!

• Awesome Sienna

Re: :D

• Awesome Sienna

That's awesome that he became a Christian! So cute!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Good and I hope you guys work it out! Haha, I’m the opposite :p Wishing you luck and glad he found God through you! :)

AAAAHHHHH THAT'S SO AWESOME HE BECAME A CHRISTIAN! Welcome him to the family for me :D I hope God works it all out soon <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Yay! Oh I see. That’s okay though, I’m glad you two can still be friends :) I’m the same why, but I’m just too trusting too which is part of it as well :/ Anyways back to you, if you do decide you’re compatible enough I ship you two even though I don’t know you XD The stories I’ve heard are so sweet already and my messed up love life is living on yours rn so excuse my weirdness XD

• BriRiley

Ohh, that’s so cute! Has he already said he liked you? Omgosh are u going to try and tell him or let him make the first move?!

RE: Awww ok! I read it in the hope that since he's Christian, now you guys can be together but that's still really awesome you can be friends- friendships are way cooler! And hahah, loll, I love that!

• almost flora kane

re: you can say that again!

• almost flora kane

i'm hoping the best for you and his relationship! it's lovely that God has brought you two together, and so cool how you've led him to Christ:D

• BriRiley

Oh no! Did you like him??? I’m so sorry about your heartbreak! Or did you lose him as a friend?

• BriRiley

Re: Oh no! XD I hope you can get things straight? And haha sorry it was my only chance to do something like that and not get in to much trouble XD

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Great poem! And omg!!!!! You and MB are just the sweetest! I am loving the romance novel scenes going on! Best of luck and omg!!! Okay, a year and a half isn’t that much apart if that’s what you’re worried about. Wait, but because he’s turned to God does that mean you can date and will you date? (Sorry for my nosiness :p) I wish you guys best of luck in every way!!

Aww I love this poem, it's so simple and cute and romantic!!
    OMG ahhhhh you and MB are the sweetest love story ever awwwww!! So happy you swayed him and y'all are together or close to it! Aww wait- does praying about BoYs work? I've always kept that off-limits- oop, know what I'm gonna do now XD Aww but seriously, so happy for you!!

• A. Penderwick

This is a lovely poem, and I've never been in love, but it seems like this is what it would feel like. And I'm glad that this all worked out and that you're happy. :)

i forgot to like!

• Cosmogyral

yeah, it sucks.

replying: ah thank you thank you thank you
    ahhhh anne i'm genuinely so so happy for you. i'm so happy you're happy. your story is so sweet. all i can reply to this whole post is : lovely lovely lovely beautiful beautiful beautiful

• Sophiascb

I love this! And I love your prayer and how you helped him to see what makes life as a Christian so amazing. You really are spreading his love, that's a amazing <3

• ~madeline~

Such an amazing story! Not even just the part that makes my inner romantic cry but the part where prayer makes such a huge difference. I loved hearing this story!