Nari Matikanya

Tanzania

Michelle Obama is the story of Cinderella, a young African American woman silenced who turns into a strong, independent leader. However, Michelle was not always the impactful women’s rights advocate she is today. As a woman, it's so easy to pick out what’s wrong with ourselves, what sets robust and independent women like Michelle apart is their ability to maintain self-worth and prosper from hate.

Her Is My Name:Michelle Obama

3
"I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity."- Michelle Obama

Michelle is known for her relatable speeches, her tactful honesty, her remarkable moral compass, and ability to interpret situations from multiple perspectives. Her hard work over the years in her  career, and  support of her husband’s career has made her a role model to a wider community; as a woman, a mother, a wife and an African American hero.

Being a black woman came with its challenges, struggles, and experiences that shaped her into the person she is today. Her childhood experiences shaped her moral compass. Moreover, raised with an emphasis on education, Michelle Obama saw how necessary and significant education was in a modern-day world. She had the vision to empower adolescents and personally made it her mission to impact the world positively. Her devotion and strapping determination to empower girls and make a substantial change in the world overpowered her role as ‘the wife of a president.’

Furthermore, having an African American woman with such a high caliber in the position had never been done before. 
Her ability to handle the responsibilities of a First Lady and maintain four impactful initiatives. African American women have always been undervalued in society. Various critics claimed that Michelle Obama, despite having a complete ivy league education, was not “educated” enough for the position. However, growing up, Michelle Obama  prepared herself for the harsh realities of being an African American woman, and regardless of opinions, she wore her melanin proudly. 

"Strong men, strong men, men who are truly role models, don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful." 

Written by Narindwa H. Matikanya 

This was awesome and I love the quotes!