Deleted User

when you try to be deep but it doesn't work too well...

an exploration of the home

People say my house smells like spices. Especially on Thursday, when my Dad cooks up one of his mouth-watering dishes that take hours to make but only about ten minutes to eat. Smells waft through the house. Turmeric, saffron, cinnamon, each providing their own distinct aroma as they simmer in a huge pot.

Sounds fill our home as well. A random alarm clock that rings every morning at 10:03. Stairs talking to each other in creaks and croaks as someone runs up them two at a time. Long nails that need a trimming scratching the floor as my dog runs from window to window, watching my sister outside. Someone singing "Grenade" for the fourth time today (and another voice yelling "shut up"--it might or might not be me). Maybe even the rare sound of my grandmother plucking out a tune on the piano, filling the room with the rich sound of Chopin.

Home isn't necessarily found in the senses, though. Home is a conglomeration of feelings and emotions, not every one a happy one, and not easy to distinguish.

Home is the feeling of relief mixed with a spark of happiness you get when you arrive home after a tiring day at school and you dump your backpack at the foot of the stairs and fling yourself on your bed to immerse yourself in your favorite book.
Home is crawling into the little space between your bed and the wall as worry washes over you in great waves and covering your ears with your hands, pulling up your hood--anything to block out the sound of your parents arguing downstairs.
Home is long talks with your mom about anyone and anything at all, laughter ringing and contentment coursing through your veins.

Home is a personal time-capsule buried in the depths of your mind to be uncovered twenty years from now, causing you to fall into a little bubble of reminiscence. 

Protect your home--it will shape who you are with delicate, loving hands. Never forget it, never give it up. 

1

• nolongeractive

Wow, I really love this piece! It is just wonderful and I cannot get over your talent!! Just beautiful and I am obsessed with the lowercase styling and the creative juices that go along with this! I cannot wait to see what else you write!

• human.thing

holyyy! you commented on mine saying it was good so i just had to read some of yours! this is so amazing, you're so talented! oh my.. good job! <33

• Ren(hiatus)

This is so beautiful I'm so touched! I hope I find somewhere like that too haha, home is a distant wish kinda just wanted to say that
    Thanks haha. Sorry I havent been here in awhile, kinda have been tired of everything.
    Re: ah yeah same, it's just fun that way but usually for me, it's kinda like this I pick an emotion I want go for and play a song according to that and then write stuff according to the emotion I'm feeling, gives that poem the extra touch it needs.
    Oh sorry by the rose is pretty good actually! I love insomnia more tho, you should try that haha.
    Honestly, I've watched svt's videos and they are the biggest memers ever like bro bruh will you ever stop your extraness? Bahaha I love them though, its kinda fun to watch them but you should really really kinda see TXT, they never stop being extra kinda like if BTS was gen z × 10 bro.
    I'd tell her bruh real guys ain't like that so you'll have to lower your expectations like sis, ya ain't gonna get V like ever.
    Sad songs are what I'm listening to haha though honestly, I'm listening to like cheesy love songs rn because I may have developed a crush on my friend kinda sad stuff really haha
    Defintely! But rn I love Hongjoong's flash light part in the MV for I'm the one, I'm in love with this man hahah I love the new thing so much plus time of love like oh my God, it's so pretty? Plus the other song that I forgot the name of that was an English version is also pretty good. The leaders is just fire!
    Oh that's cool! We may have more of a mutual understanding than I though before huh? Its pretty cool you know about Muslims.
    I'd like to see your friend's room sometime seriously, I would like to see her treasures of Korean boys ngl.
    Truly! I just want to be like J-hope someone who acts like a source of happiness for others.
    I didn't like I'm the one at the start but I fell in love with it later, I love it now. Its fun but I have this friend that shared her playlist with me and she just keeps adding to it so I just listen to that these days, it's kinda like calming music haha
    I love them all ngl. Hongjoong and Seonghwa are the best for me though. I especially love their friendships like mingi and Yunho seem like such besties I love it!
    It's kinda like j-hope reaction! When his name was being shouted, he was so happy and surprised it warmed my heart.

• SamRose

Re: Thx XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: lol, I’m so glad you aren’t so annoyed with me (I annoy a lot of my friends sometimes). Thanks! I guess I can just be paired with a variety of guys, lol. But I guess I relate to JK and would be a good match for Jimin..... who really knows, lol. It’s just fun to take the quizzes. XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Okay, I’m sorry, I promise I’m leaving you alone now: I guess I’m going with Jimin for a couple reasons: my sister says him for me, he’s the one I got the first few times, he’s probably the most sensitive, and since he’s my bias wrecker, I think there might be some truth in it. So sorry, Ari, hehe.... thanks for enduring my weirdness! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

To have mixed answers.. why does that bother me so much?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I KEEP GETTING JK AND NOW I CANT DECIDE ARGG! (Why does it bother me so much?)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Also my sister says Jimin for me, so I guess it’s official! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Okay, so I keep taking tests and it’s killing me!! I keep getting different answers: I’ve gotten Jimin twice, JK three times, V once, and J-Hope twice! XD XD But I don’t really trust some of the quizzes. Sooo... I’m going with Jimin, since I got him in the very first and the second quizzes I took (and some of the other ones had weird questions).

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Help me out, Ari! I need a definite answer for who my BTS boyfriend is (because I’m weird and I need that answer, lol). I took the quizzes, and here are my results:
    So Jimin from the magazine one I told you about, then Jimin from the first one I took out of the ones you told me about. Then I got JK on the second one you mentioned, and on a soulmate quiz I took. Anddd then my BFF was apparently J-Hope. So now I’m kinda confused, XD. I need to take one more I guess, so that I can know between JK and Jimin.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awesome, thank you! I’ll take them and let you know what I get!
    Yeah, they’re both sweet, but if I had to pick a bias wrecker, it would be Jimin.
    Huh, wow that’s interesting! Okay, I’ll be back in a bit to tell you who I get.....

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: haha, wow! Jungkook, huh... cool! What BTS tests did you take (so I can take the same ones)?
    That’s actually really funny about what you heard, because that makes sense...
    So I got Jimin on the test, which I kinda can see because he’s sensitive and very emotional. And actually if I had to pick a bias wrecker it would probably be Jimin (maybe V too). Jimin can be a little odd at times, but he’s so sweet towards the other members. Wow, now I’m stuck in that theory. I guess I need to take another test since I only took one.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, thank you! :)
    Yeah, it can be. But thank you for the support! :)
    Also, have you ever taken any kind of BTS or ATEEZ soulmate/boyfriend quiz? Lol, it seems random, but I took a BTS one a few weeks ago in a magazine...

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: haha, yeah I guess it’s probably pretty obvious, heh. wow, yes I agree that the music is just really special for processing emotions.
    Aw, thanks... yea, we’ll see. Crushes are so frustrating though.
    Yes I know! V and Jimin were meant to sing together.
    Aw! I’m so glad I was able to get to know you; you’re so kind and I’ve enjoyed talking to you so much! :)

• beth r.

"Protect your home--it will shape who you are with delicate, loving hands. Never forget it, never give it up. "
    I love this message. I think as teens, it can be hard to connect to our roots when there's so many places to go and people to meet- we just wanna grow up and move on. But we can't forget where we're from, you know? Love this!
    re: honestly being home schooled sounds elite love that

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: YES YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! Wow, yes. I’m an extrovert though, and I’m naturally pretty open with my interests and stuff... so having a song that makes me feel like I should love who I am can be really encouraging. And aw, thank you about Heartbeat too. ( For the record, having a crush is really hard, and music is one of my biggest coping mechanisms. )
    Aww yes it is so sweet!!! Yeah, they were friends in high school; and their voices are so opposite but perfect together it’s amazing.
    Ooh, maybe I’ll listen to that one too!
    Aw, of course! Thank you for enduring how much I talk about everything about BTS! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Also, if you decide to listen to Friends, make sure you read the lyric video (the words are so sweet).

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yes yes! Okay, so they both resonate with me really deeply...
    Heartbeat is actually a little bit like what I feel sometimes emotionally, so having it in a song is really kind of freeing. And Love Myself is really special to me because I have a lot of people I know who don’t really understand me. My immediate family is amazing and so accepting, but outside of that, I’ve always been viewed as.... a little weird, I guess, because of my interests and personality. Like, some people I know judge stuff I love (like books, music, stuff like that). even though they don’t know really anything about it. Sometimes I’ve felt like things about my personality are wrong or bad. So Love Myself is really encouraging to me, because the message speaks to me a lot.
    Okay, sorry for that..... anyway, both songs mean a lot to me.
    Also, for one more that melts my heart: Friends (it’s V and Jimin’s song about their friendship, and.... they’re just like brothers, it’s so sweet).

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, that’s so cool that Answer was your first favorite! Awwwww I hope Mingi comes back soon! Tell me if he does; I know you’ll be thrilled!
    Yay, yeah just let me know what you think. Then I’ll tell you why I like both of those songs so much! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Ps.
    ‘K, I just listened to Answer... I really liked that one. It’s definitely my favorite out of the three ATEEZ ones I’ve heard. So I was paying special attention to Jongho, and I can definitely understand why he’s you’re favorite; he’s got great vocals! Also, I can see how different it must be with Mingi on hiatus. But Answer is so intense, you can feel the energy of the guys.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ah, great!
    Ooh, I’m gonna go listen to some of those right now.... I also love The Truth Untold and Stay Gold for sure. Okay, so I have a lotttt of favorite BTS songs, but I actually just picked my official #1 favorite today, and that would be Bulletproof: the Eternal. Also, have you heard their songs Love Myself and Heartbeat? (The Heartbeat official music video kinda melts my heart a little.)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ah, I’m so glad that I described it in a way that fits, heheh. Yeah, I get that about the emotional songs. I actually listened to the lyric video, but I liked their voices!! What is your favorite ATEEZ song? Maybe we can discuss our favorite K-Pop songs (since now I know about your boys and you of course know about mine, lol).

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, of course! I owe it to you after how sweet you’ve been about BTS! :)
    Okay, so the first thing I noticed is that they sound similar to BTS at first glance (but, you know, first hearing....) But incense I listened a little more, they’re actually a very different style. They were really good, just in a different way from BTS. ATEEZ seems more intense, and heavier music I guess. I think they aim more for a category of music to get you rocking along, instead of being as emotional in their songs..... does that make sense, lol? I’m not sure if I’m really describing it right.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey, Ari! Happy Easter!
    You’ve talked to me about BTS so much, and it’s about time I repay the favor. So I listened to Thx and Say My Name by ATEEZ, and I was wondering if you wanna talk about them?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yea, me too!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, thanks! :) So glad we can relate!
    Yeah, I hope so. For now though, I just hope they keep being amazing! <33333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ahh I see. Yeah I wondered about that too, with Jin leaving for the military (but not for another two years)... but I will cry when they disband, so I don’t really wanna think about it. But thanks for explaining (and sorry for my freak out, lol)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

N O O O O O

*deep breath*

Okay, I’m fine. Sorry, but... wHaT? Why does she think that, and if they do I’m gonna................. *looks around unsurely* I’m gonna so something.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

NOW SHE NEEDS TO USE YOUR WTW ACCOUNT FOR A MOMENT TO EXPLAIN TO ME

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: I knowww right!
    WHAT THE HECK WHY?!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yes yes yes! Wait, hold up.... you haven’t read the lyrics?! Oh, girl you’ll probably be crying when you do..... they are gorgeous and heartbreaking and amazing

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Okay, I have officially further developed my opinion on Film Out:
    The music video is *chef’s kiss* the imagery and concepts are so cool and unique, and I love how abstract it is, but it somehow simultaneously resonates with me deeply.
    And I listened to the song separately, not reading the lyrics but just focusing on the voices and music and whatnot.... it’s one of my new favorites. The vocals are PHENOMENAL. Just wow. As usual, they crushed it.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: YES YES IT IS!! It isn’t my all time fave, but it’s reallyyyy pretty! I’m glad you liked it!!

Re- Nosy?! Not at all!!
    around 70,000 maybe around there somewhere haha

re- haha nope still so much pressure to do well!!
    Yes!! It's going great!! I've written around 21,000 words!!

Re- haha oh aw!! I like it tho! <3
    How are you doing?
    everytime I write more of my book I think of you haha

Oh gosh, this is so beautiful <3 this is just so sweet and sad
    Also love the new name:)

RE: awww of course! I’m so glad :))

• Nikki

re: awww thank you! you're just so sweet. that incident left me so heartbroken :(

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: lol, thank you! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yesss it was great!! I loved it, and I think I watched it at least 5 times... XD Yes, that is my new pic of JK. Thank you! :)

• Nikki

oh this piece is gonna make me cryyyy! its beautiful! your idea of home applies so wonderfully to the reader! well done!
    re: aww thats so sweet. i actually just wrote a new piece and i was wondering if you would like to read it? :)
    also, your name is ariana? wow thats such a pretty name! :D

• Awesome Sienna

Beautiful
    Re: Thanks! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

DOES YOUR SISTER KNOW THAT THE FILM OUT MUSIC VIDEO IS OUT?!?! IT IS AMAZING

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awesome! Thanks!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: right?! It’s beautiful! :)
    No I haven’t heard it, but I need to listen to it! Thank you for telling me!

• Nikki

also i promise to read this after school gets over. rn i have a few comments to reply to, but i really really want to read this piece :)

• Nikki

re: haha yay!

Awwww I love this piece so much!! It's so true- I looove the book part!! Omg yes, why does food take so long to cook and so little time to eat? It is the biggest scam of all! But in all seriousness, this was so perfectly worded and the pacing was amazing!
    RE: Haha awww I'm so glad I conveyed the emotions well! Yes, I definitely agree- track was so unbelievably scary!! To be honest, it made me tense up just writing it! XD Have a great day! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ah, yes. I get that, but I also love happy songs. It depends on my mood. But The Truth Untold is just phenomenal. Man, the emotion....

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yeah, I hope so. <33
    Awww, I know! It’s so sad but beautiful too. I love the message of how they feel supported now... it’s so sweet. But yeah, I understand.

• SamRose

Re: Oh sorry! I should have made sure none of the pieces from groups were assigned to people not in the group. The group is just a bunch of writers that get a couple special prompts a week that they can do if they want. If you don't want to join it, it is an easy fix, I can easily trade out a different piece for you. :) Just let me know what works better for you.

• SamRose

Review group assignments have been posted! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/226489/version/478258

• Yellow Sweater

This piece is absolutely lovely. And thank you, writing that rant made me feel so much better.

• Figwit [HIATUS]

I absolutely love this!! I can just picture your home, you describe it so well... hope that doesn't sound creepy, lol. This is such a wonderful piece!

• SamRose

Re: Tysm! And I will. I am almost done organizing the pieces, I am just waiting on a few members that haven't told me their pieces yet. :)

• SamWiseGamjee

after reading this piece my first reaction was 'I love my home'. This piece was so cozy!
    Also thank you so much for your sweet comment and yeah it's me in my pfp!

• Zirong

Ah this flows so well! Somehow every word of this makes me sentimental lol.

Will submit a review soon! (I don't see "looking for peer reviews" above this piece though -- do you mind?)