Brooklyn Ryan

An LDS girl from a small town in FL who wants to be a writer some day!

Thoughts?

the green grassy hill in 1923

4
Two sisters stood over their old packing crate, worn with age on a green grassy hill in 1923. Inside, was a single postcard they found two weeks ago. The year on the card matched the year, but the message was disturbing. It was from their missing mother, Cynthia. The message read:

“ Avy* and Sybil, 
    I am so sorry that I have to reach you like this, but this is the only way. Remember that I love you and know that everything is going to be ok. Be yourselves even though you are before your time. I love you both so much girls. Express yourself with the grace and dignity your father and I have taught you.
With Love,
Mommie”

Avis, the older sister nearly 17, pulled a small box from her pocket. She hadn’t gone by “Avy” since their mother vanished. She wanted nothing to do with Cynthia anymore. She opened the box to reveal matches.

Sybil, the younger sister just turned 13, turned to her sister. She had barley any memories of her mother and wasn’t sure that this was the right thing to do. But she silently stood next to Avis on that grassy green hill in 1923.

Avis struck the match, a small gold flame appearing. 
Sybil clenched her fists, trying to control her self.

“Please no,” a voice begged.

The two girls turned.

There was no one there.

Nothing hit that match that day.

On that green grassy hill in 1923.
*Avy: pronounced Ah-vie

• ChimChim_1

Just reviewed this!:3

Wait- this is so suspenseful! I love it!