mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

in love with the world

"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

“what novelty is worth that sweet monotony where everything is known and loved because it is known?”

cavetown and sleeping at last and the beatles and sufjan stevens and mitski

little women and moonrise kingdom and the princess bride and lady bird and the grand budapest hotel

anne of green gabels and little women and i'll give you the sun and a tree grows in brooklyn

dryer lint & family pictures

you are homemade popsicles and blue camp chairs
set up under the electric stars;
sidewalk chalk pressed into the burning soles of my bare feet
and the awakening of the forest after rain;
warm sheets creased with sleep and smiles that emerge from
folds of soft skin;
the tang of nail polish remover and the aromas
of chocolate and cinnamon;
the scrub jays landing on the window sill and the early morning
light dancing through our home;
old books and fresh flowers;
ancient clothes tucked into closets and sealed with mothballs;
pearly dew adorning the grass out front and the wilderness out back;
bird calls and banjo music and dogs barking;
the fridge groaning with the demand of more ice, more water;
the landline ringing of the hook with news from the school district;
dryer lint and family pictures;
this is now, this is then,
this is my forever home;
um so haven't written in ages... i am not proud of this and i could have done much better. but at least it's something, right? 

ohhh this is gorgeous!! :D wow i loved the imagery. it made me feel like i was with you; right next to you at your home <3 <3 <3

(i'm gonna leave my reply on your more recent pieces lol ;D)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

i felt so vividly there, in your forever home. imagery is key and you unlocked me (urggh sorry bad pun if it even was a pun)
    also, i loved reading your interview and music recs! and your picture is just glowing. i can tell right away from that pic that you're someone who enjoys life and radiated a good vibe (besides having watched a few of your vids) <3

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much Mirkat!

• useless :)

re: thank you! :)
    yup! i love cats too. i don't have any, but one of my friends has a maine coon and another has a ginger british shorthair and they're both so adorable lol
    aw np! yeah, i can imagine. just thinking about my picture and being up there and all the answers too would make me a little stressed out, but you were amazing! i also really love meeting people based on their writing, it's such an interesting way to get to know them.
    hmm. i found out which high school i'm going to, which is cool i guess, although it was my second choice...so my mom was a bit mad at first (not at me haha, but in general)
    other than that, school mostly. hence the reason i haven't been on here very often. finding out where i'm going makes it the fact that i'm going to high school more real though, it's kinda crazy to think about. i'm excited to be going to brick and mortar next year too, since i'm doing online for this yr.
    what about you? i hope you're having a great day! :)

• Wisp

Oh this is darling! It drips with such nostalgia and reminiscence. I love the images you paint and how it fits so lovingly with the prompt. Don't you dare say that this isn't good, because it's absolutely stunning. The way you embody childhood in your words is just breathtaking and it has such a soothing effect on the reader. This is simply lovely and I adore adore it so very much.
    Also I read your interview on the WtW blog! I know it's sorta late but congrats on the best peer review! You're so pretty by the way ;)
    Replying: You always know how to make me smile, my gosh, I absolutely love it when you appear in my notifications as well. You definitely made my day, and thanks for the compliment hon!

• katnissromanoff

This is so amazing!!!!!! I love it so much! As Nyla said, you should definitely be proud of this! The examples are really beautiful and it gives a great little picture of your home :)

Omg awww I love this!! You should definitely be proud of this! The ending is just awww and you hone in on so many wonderful relatable experiences! And the descriptions are really great- especially the chalk one!!

• useless :)

i haven't commented on one of your pieces in forever lol, srry about that. i've been spotty in general cause i've had a lot to do lately...but c'est la vie.
    nonono. don't downplay your work like that, this is really good!
    "sidewalk chalk pressed into the burning soles of my bare feet" and
    "warm sheets creased with sleep and smiles that emerge from
    folds of soft skin;"
    these lines are amazing! not to mention the whole piece, it just encompasses feeling of home so well. like rwong said, the contrast between old and new was such a great idea.
    also i totally get your footnotes. maybe a bit too well...i haven't posted something on here in like, three weeks. the joys of writer's block ;)
    also, congrats on being on the blog! your answers were great :)
    oh and i agree with rwong, the picture is super cool! the background is so calming and ur really pretty :D

• rwong

also also also wait thats your backyard?? DUDE YOUR BACKYARD. IS. AWESOMEEEE AHHHH ITS SO PRETTY AND JSD:LFKJSDL:FKDJSF:LDKJ:LKj ok i said i wouldnt flood your comment section but at this rate i really ammm lol oops

• rwong

AHHHH mirrrrr you're on the blog!!!! eeekkkkkk hiiiiiii!!! *fiercely waves at my computer* ahhhhh and also your answers are super eloquent so idk why you worried. also i loveeee your picture, the background and all is super calming and you! are so pretty ahhhh ok i should stop commenting but also basically. hi :) nice to meet you ehehe okok i'll be quiet now; talk soonnnnn!!!! <3 <3

• only_a_mirage (bird)

wow this is SO GOOD!!!!!! i missed you when you were gone!!! lol i freaked out when nothing came up for em wilder lol i thought you left the site!! m so glad you didnt!!!

• rwong

OH and also cont'd my previous comment, ik we havent met met like face-to-face met but if you'd ever like to talk, i'm here. you have my email so yk, if you ever need anything i'm here! anyway ok i feel like im gonna flood your comment section if i don't stop commenting bc watch me forget another part of my reply.

• rwong

hey mir!!! okok first of all actually hiiiiiii i've missed youuuuu how have you been???
    ok now for the actual comment: the imagery in the piece and the personification here is beautiful, like actually mir "sidewalk chalk pressed into the burning soles of my bare feet" and "the scrub jays landing on the window sill and the early morning / light dancing through our home;" and then also "old books and fresh flowers;" the contrast you have in this line btwn the old/new, ancient/fresh, which you continue is literally genius.
    regarding your footnotes, we all need to take a break sometimes, and other times life catches up and you don't fine time to write. that's okay!! you're doing amazing where you are and also while this may not a piece you're most proud of, it brought a smile to your reader's (heh me ;D) face and i think thats pretty darn cool, don't you?
    also re to your comment on my piece: awww thank you!!! you're so sweet ahhh!! i'm doing much better now so heh but i still wanna write a part 2 bc so much happened that night and i kinda wanna process it except school's busy this week *sigh* i'm so lucky to have met you and gotten to know you on this website -- who would've thought that our paths would cross like this??
    ok sorry this comment feels super messy but pls remember that to never stop writing your writing is absolutely beautiful and never let other people/yourself tell you anything else. luv you and sending all my love and hugs and also nice to see you again!!! <3 <3