Nyla

15

Have a great day :)

Daughter

11
Rain patters
on windowsills
“You matters”
Papa told the mills

Clothes with burrs
A phlegm cough
With a drunken slur
He sent the boys off

“Please no
I can do more”
“Watch a show?
Run to shore?

“No you will stay
Forever. You’re worth
nothing, now lay
that picnic on earth.”

I wilt like flowers
without water
because the cowards
hate a daughter 

• aaliyahh

OMG okay before i freak out...I LOVE THISSS!! the rhymes are incorporated into this so well, and the story is so beautiful in this! "no you will stay forever. you're worth nothing, now lay that picnic on earth"....that line is brilliant, and it's so gorgeous!! <3 good jobbb!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ha, yeah it is fun.
    Aww, that’s not lame! Ooh, the 80’s would be really interesting!!
    Ah, cool!! Hmm... I was anticipating the Grammy’s a couple weeks ago, because my favorite boy band was nominated. And I’m excited for a comeback music video that’s supposed to be released by them on Friday.... other than that, I’m mildly drawing a blank. Oh! I was waiting for the Hunger Games sequel book to come out last summer.
    Okay, sooo..... what’s the funniest tv show clip you’ve ever watched (or one of)?

• BriRiley

Re: Thanks! What would you like me to review for you? :)

Re: Haha yeah :)

Re: Awwwwww thank you so much! (owO the editors of wtw liked it, and they've only liked 1 other piece) And np! Ohhhh ok, I thought it sounded similar haha :P Yeah it's pretty cool UwU Thanks loll

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

The rhymes are so seamlessly incorporated into the piece! The last two lines are absolute magic!!!! I love this poem. Your writing is so wonderful!

• barelybear

Woah what a statement! And your rhymes are, as always, killing it :D
    Re: And ahhh thank you for being very nice haha. That red and yellow car was irreplaceable in so many childhoods uwu. But Walessss. Rain, funny accents, dragons - what more could a girl want? We live right next to Wales, and my grandparents live there, so we get to travel there often. Oh, and there are LOADS of sheep :D
    Welly wanging is not very common, but a sports day/ funfair favourite haha. Very amusing.

(Okay kinda maybe oopsie snooping on your comments and I couldn’t help but notice that people have never tried Victoria sponge before? Shame. Shame. Shame. The pinnacle of British glory is tea and sponge cake, and anybody that goes with puny cookies and coffee is clearly missing out XD
    — If you also snoop, I’d be happy to give you a decent recipe hehe. Go for Mary Berry if in doubt, but the best involve weighing the ingredients against your eggs.)

This is gorgeous! The last paragraph is amazingggg! Re: Awwwwwwe thank you so much! And np! Oh that's interesting, I haven't heard of it before. I like watching Bondi Rescue, which is also about the lifeguards; I think it's on Youtube. And it totally is! It's a gorgeous beach ;) Heh lol :P
    and re to your re: no problem! oh cool! Oh ok haha

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yeah, I love hearing about new places! :)
    Haha, a tractor! That’s cool! Well, thank you; yeah, it’s nice here.
    Yes I agree about snow! I don’t like taking out my dog in the snow... *shivers* But sledding is so much fun (when you don’t fall off too hard).
    Hmm.. honestly I haven’t thought much about it. But if probably travel to like Israel during Jesus’ day if I could be able to see Him and the miracles at that time.... that would be sooo amazing. But I wouldnt really want to live in that time, just because it was so hard. What about you?
    Also, a random question: what is the one time that you were anticipating something most (like a new movie, book, song, etc)?

replying: thank you<3 hahaha i defintely saw what you did there!:)

• McK13

Oh my goodness, this is so so heartbreaking! But the rhyming pattern is really well done, great job! And I really like how you use so many original descriptive words/phrases! Re: Haha, yeah that's exactly what I said, especially because I love cake!! Ooh, a Victoria Sponge cake, I've never tried that before but I just Googled it and it looks super delicious! And yes, chocolate cake is such a classic but so tasty! Lol, totally, and omg there are always so many injuries in just a single game! Ooh, great question! I'd probably go back in time about two years so I could warn everyone about Covid before it happens lol! What about you?