PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

hey x

If You Could Grab An Angel By The Throat What Would You Say To It Before It Scorches The Skin of Your Palms?

15
11/03/21

let me tell you a secret.

sometimes, when i look at the sky, colours that do not exist blur together in it like a kaleidoscope. someday in the depths of summer i will stick my sunburned arm into the core of a rotting log and pull out a heart, still beating. someday, with this peeling, skin-shine arm, i will hold this heart to the sky so viciously, just to see if the colours will calm at the sight of it.

let me tell you a secret; they will not.  if anything the colours will get louder. and i will take this dripping, gored organ and place it back within the trunk i ripped it from. ahead of me, the forest will light up again, pull itself back up from the dredges of the earth and let me tell you a secret, for a moment i will feel good about myself. 

let me tell you a secret, i think i’ve just realized i’m not all that. i’m leaning out into the dank air of the night, the silver of the moon like a ghost against my skin, and i realize i can’t grasp that part of the human experience well enough.

let me tell you a secret, i have changed this ending already. it used to be a sharp-eyed thing, poisonous and pulsing bright-green. but i’m okay, i don’t feel so hopeless about how i fit into the whole wide world now. 

let me tell you a secret, i wish i was not from earth. 
‘let me tell you a secret’ bit and successive repetition taken from a poem i liked quite a while back. the rest of the words are mine, if the thought of that is to make you feel a certain way. honestly, i hate that i keep coming back here but hello, how do you do

1

• crystalline•galaxies

my word, i kept coming back to this piece again and again, reading it and soaking it in. i finally decided to comment now but just know that i've been admiring this for a very, very long time.
    there is something so mysterious and haunting about this poem, and it makes me feel emotions that i have no words to describe. the imagery is powerful and vivid, and my goodness, i could just live inside these words. all in all, just an absolutely gorgeous piece.

• Toikupu~estVehementChirography

Replying: because sometimes writing is not about the words on the page, but the things it makes you think about -what it reminds you of; the connections. The shortest novel in the world ever written is six words long, yet the world knows about, for it is a story in itself.

Oooh I really like this!! and the ending, wow, really thought-provoking! It was super descriptive! My favourite line was, “ colours that do not exist blur together in it like a kaleidoscope”

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This was so vivid, descriptive, poetic, and hard hitting. Awesome atmosphere. The repetition of let me tell you a secret was really smart. I also really liked the tittle it was really eye catching.

• serein

wow...this is amazing!
    The way you repeated "let me tell you a secret" was so powerful. The last line really sent it home. Love it!

• Just_A_Memory

OoO woah! This is awesome!

• ariii

this is really wonderful and so delightful to read,, -from half across the world,,ari