Yellow Sweater

Zinnia | she/her | bi | agnostic | 18 | WA

2021-2022 Seattle Youth Poet Laureate

Elitist Atlantic Subscriber (jk, but I do think the Atlantic does some awsome journalism)

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions

I like spaceships, temples, and tea.

Some of my favorite poets and poet-adjacent-people: Federico Garcia Lorca, Ocean Vuong, Annie Dillard, Italo Calvino, Arundhati Roy, Michael Ondaatje, Becky Chambers, Pablo Neruda... The list goes on.

I am on here way too much.

My book is out next June! It feels wonderful to be able to say that with such certainty!

There are so many excellent writers on this site, but if you are new and looking for a place to start, check out: Paisley Blue, aosora, wishtree, aismic, Starlitskies, R.j.Elsewhere, amaryllis, .. ugh there are so many more....

Respite

Home is a place that doesn’t take up space in my memories. It smells like boiling water and uncooked pasta. It feels like skin. Moment by moment, nothing and everything in between. 

It’s only early spring for a few spectacular weeks. We’re only alive until the cherry blossoms dissolve under the rain or the patches of sunlight on the warm wood floor harden into scars and the rain stops falling. 

Life is like standing under a waterfall. It’s the first shock you remember and the end, the opening. It’s sucking in air. 

Home is the rhythm, not the melody. It’s the sunrises I’ve forgotten lying in bed. I love my home, but I only miss it when I am tired of living.

2

• a rose

Whoa. You've got so much talent. This is amazing.
    I don't know how old are you, but if you're above 16, I'd highly recommend reading Bluets

RE: Omg that's so awesome! What's your username?

Re2: Turns out it's a big company.... I need to visit sometime (when I visit the US next)

Re: I legit had no idea that was a thing, but I just googled it..... I submitted it to Potted Purple.... Hoping for the best!!

• lana.n

re: thank you so much :)

• solarflair

ok time to review lol that was too much to put in a comment

• kai blue

re: honestly, it could just be me, but i have absolutely 0 predictions lol... i am so beyond ready for it to come out, though. what about you, do you have any ideas??

Wow! I am in love with this :)

• A blind (young) man

Oh my god! You've stuck a pen in that little hole we all have... and pried it open a little! In a good, healthy way of course. I love it!

Ohhh I don't have brain cells but I love this. It makes me feel things and they're beautfullll

• ~Aurora~

This is absolutely stunning. Incredible imagery and beautifully written. I love it

• kai blue

Re: YES! i love patrick rothfuss!! i see you have him in your message to readers, too!