ScarlettLucian

Just a girl trying to help save the world while writing lowercase poetry in the interim whenever writer's block gives her a break.

Driving fast with the music loud
Walking in the rain
Ballgowns & Doc Martens

Words and writers I'm in love with right now:
-"The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue" by V. E. Schwab
-"Words in Deep Blue" by Cath Crawley
-Margaret Atwood
-Maggie Stiefvater
-Lin-Manuel Miranda
-Taylor Swift
-Panic! At the Disco
-Marianas Trench

And then Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Critical Role are just sustaining me the rest of the time.

Magenta Crayon

I’ve always thought of the dinner table as being the centre of a home.
I know ours is
It’s an old table
Scuffed and stained, with initials carved into the surface
And a streak of a magenta crayon by one of my little sisters’ places
From an energetic explosion of feeling that accidentally moved beyond the paper.
It’s a wide table
Big enough to fit all eight of us, my parents bookending my baby brother’s high chair.
The rhythm of having one’s own place to return to every day
The one time we all step away from our lives and come together
Sharing stories and anecdotes and hopes for the future.
It’s a solid table
Sturdy enough to endure through all of our moves
Rattling in the back of a truck as we carry the possessions that make up our lives
Taking them to a house that might mean home for a little longer this time
But always near the salt air and the squall of sea gulls.
It’s our table
A constant symbol of home no matter what kind of walls are around us
Because of the people who sit around it and the love they share.

• vastexpansion

this is so wholesome and you responded to the prompt beautifully! also, re: thanks so much!

• nolongeractive

OMG TAYLOR SWIFT IS ICONIC! I met her and I have seen her in concert 5 times, I swear to god hahah

• aalawrites

Wow. What a beautiful response to the prompt!

re: I LOVE country Taylor so much! Listening to Fearless (Taylor's Version) has brought back so many memories of primary school me listening to Taylor Swift. I love Speak Now and Red too. They are masterpieces. I think Reputation is quite underrated. I also love Folklore and Evermore. They've given me glimpses of country Taylor (like in Betty). Taylor is such a brilliant story-teller, and her lyrics are amazing. I love all her albums, and I can't imagine the number of unreleased songs she had. I can't believe Mr Perfectly Fine didn't make the original cut. It is so beautiful. I also really like That's When ft. Keith Urban. What are your favourite tracks from Fearless?

• Booklover12

This is incredible! I love the part about the magenta crayon it just made this all that much better. (I mean it would have been incredible without it to...it just made it even better.) This was beautiful and made me wonder how you managed to make a kitchen table sound like the most important, most special possession in the world. It really is amazing.

I love how you keep going back to describe the table- it's really cool! And the idea of talking about a dinner table is really cool! I loved this!
    RE: Awww thank you!! :)

• thea_ivy

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue is fantastic by the way, and this poem is so beautiful. Our family’s table has also gone through many moves and quite a few art projects:)

• thea_ivy

Re: Thank you! You clearly have amazing taste and you are actually the only person I have met so far that has known what AVPM is so yayyyy!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Awww I love this and it's relatable too : )
    Re: Oh wow yeah that must be annoying : / I have thought about that more than I should I think...and hopefully once I have kids they won’t have to go through this. Although, our parents probably hoped the same thing :( Thanks for the support, you’re amazing too and I’m proud to be your newest follower :)

This is gorgeous! Aaah I'd love to live near the sea!