gabimarie

~ 16 ~
she/her/hers
occasional nerd
future songwriter

armystay

if yall ever want to talk, my insta is gabiiconnor :)

i'm secretly not so secretly addicted to coffee and long night drives

also remember to stay hydrated, get enough sleep, and don't skip meals! :)

go check out my twin, Rohan's Defender. she's literally so talented and so much fun to talk to!!

let me explain to you why bts is so important to society so you don't sound ignorant

2
Who is BTS?
    Time explains BTS as " the biggest boy band in the world, topping charts and setting records." What kind of records? Well, fr starters, they've broken records set by Michael Jackson, the Beatles, and One Direction all in the span of a few years. On paper, there is no one who matches them. But don't just take my word for it. Look at the facts: BTS has won 252 awards since their debut in 2013. With this knowledge, let's look at American superstars, One Direction, Ariana Grande, and The Weeknd. These are all people who are considered to be "idols" in America; they are household names. Ariana has a total of 158 awards, The Weeknd has 9 awards, and One Direction has 242 awards in total. Only One Direction has come close to the number BTS has. Their total net worth is over $60 million. Still not convinced? Let's move onto the boys themselves.
    BTS is made up of seven members. Leader Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook. Even though they are millionaires, and arguably in the biggest boy band of all time, they stay humble and relatable. Namjoon has repeatedly said, "Life has many unpredictable issues, problems, dilemmas. But if you admit it… I think the most important thing to live well [is to] be yourself. We’re still trying to be us.” BOOM. Tell me still don't have respect for him, albeit grudgingly. Their entire theme is built upon protecting younger generations from the unrealistic expectations of society. The one rule they have for their entire fanbase is to love themselves. Society spends so much money and time telling us all the ways we are disappointments; BTS does the exact opposite. They encourage one to be oneself, regardless of what others may say.
    Okay, so I'm still sensing some doubt. You're saying, "sure, they're all great. But why do YOU care so much? They're just people; why are you so attached?" I'm so glad you asked. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder when I was thirteen. However, I knew this before. I clearly remember the day I had my first anxiety attack. It was lunch, and my heart squeezed. My chest was pounding and my hands were trembling and I was sweating. I couldn't breathe very well. Being ten years old, I honestly thought I was going to die. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't control the shaking of my hands, so I did what any ten year old would do. I cried. My best friend found me later. This being 2014, she handed me her iPod. She played 0!RUL8,2?, which was a BTS album. It was the first time I had heard anything like it. I went home that day and googled it. Reading the lyrics for Tomorrow for the first time, it was like someone understood me and saw me. "I have a long way to go but why am I running in place? I scream out of frustration but the empty air echoes." That was the moment I knew I was going to stand by their sides for as long as I could, and there is nothing I regret about it, even seven years later.
    So, I hope this has opened your eyes to what the hype is surrounding BTS if you weren't already aware. In the words of King Min Yoongi, "Love yourself, love myself. Peace."
okay so this is lowkey a rant because this girl in my class just said that bts doesn't add anything to our society at all and that people only listen to their music because they're attractive. i won't lie i got really worked up about this (obviously) so here is an explanation for all of those Julias out there because uggghhhh she is so lucky we were on zoom. okay have an amazing day :)
also absolutely no hate to any of the artists mentioned; i just wanted to have reference points! they're all very talented!

• serein

Totally agree with Human!! Bro this is so good! The story of how they helped you when you had that anxiety attack melted my heart. I'm sure they would be so happy to know they did that :)

• Tachi

damn you should do this as a speech to her face! give dat lady a smack