Abby11

Aspiring writer/scientist
Always changing taste in music
Favorite book- Red Queen
Currently reading- Sarah J Mass’s Throne of Glass series

I am forever grateful to have found this writing community. Everyone is so nice and willing to help. I’m hoping to help support others joining the WTW community and to meet people that will help me as well.

Golden

2
I run through the forest. I can feel the sweat dripping down my face. Each bead makes its own path. My hair is plastered to my neck like sweet grass in the summer, when it rains just enough to create a clay like mud on the ground that traps plants and bugs in its midst. My mother always begged me to keep my hair long. I refused her pleas and cut it all off last summer. I hadn’t realized how long it had gotten since then until it was in my face. I cut a sharp right, winding between two great oaks. My golden locks wipp in my face. I look behind me long enough to see how far ahead I’ve gotten, without losing momentum. I don’t see him anymore. I couldn’t have been on the run for more than a mile. How did he get that far behind. I slow my pace to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I still don’t see him. I speed up and start running again. I will only stop once I am sure I am rid of him. He will not get to me again. 
I can feel my heartbeat throbbing in my neck. It continues to get faster and faster, stronger and stronger. I launch myself through trees and over bushes. A thorn catches on my pants but I keep going. Blood trickles down onto my ankle. I feel its warmth evaporate as a cold wind blows by. The bush that caught me snagged a piece of fabric from the edges of my pants. The tattered edges fray as they get caught on more and more twigs and leaves on the ground. I run up to a stream and follow it down a narrow path. The water flows up to the muddy bank, daring anyone to come close and take a sip. I can see the iron pooling on the surface. Its metallic scent wafts up into my nose. I try and outrun the stench of mud and metal but it follows me. It curls around my face, strangling me with its pungent scent.
I run until I can’t anymore. I see a large brick wall up ahead. As I get closer it surrounds me on all sides. It’s almost as if it wants me to come closer. It pulls me toward its edges. Serenades me to look at it. At its height. The wall stands close to 30 feet tall. I turn around to see how long it is and I can’t tell. What was once a forest behind me is now a grassland. The clouds move away from the sun until it lines up perfectly with the sides of the wall. The wall goes on forever. I turn back around. The end wall is gone as well. Instead the side walls go on forever in that direction too. All that remains of the forgotten wall is a door. The box. The door. The crumbling brick. It begs me to answer. It forced me to enter. I inch closer. With each step I take the door moves farther and farther away. I take another step. I’m getting closer. The door takes another step backward. I walk faster. Eventually I should catch up to the pesky door. It moves backward matching my pace. I break into a run. The door keeps moving. I keep moving. But the walls never move.

1

This was really awesome! I've left a review for you (this is my review group assignment) hopefully it gets to you soon! :))

This is so cool! (haha after reading the title my brain's going dadadadaDADADA)