Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
I'm Ruth :D
15

Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Musicals ♡
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!
Just your friendly neighbourhood writer..

Original piece here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/190251/version/384984 Thanks to beth r. for the prompt!

if school subjects were teenagers (response to beth r's prompt)

19
Music: He would always wear a suit and tie, neatly combed back hair and always go for the healthy option in the cafeteria. He'll randomly hum classical music at any given opportunity, and will try to impress people with his musical knowledge. "Did you know there are 7 notes in an octave, but if you count all the sharps and flats, there's 12?"
PE: He wears oversized sweatshirt, baggy gym shorts and sneakers he should have dumped a year ago. He tries to be cool, but no one really likes him. Usually gets straight D's. After all, PE isn't a real subject anyway. "Yes it is!"
Drama: A weird mix between nerdy and cool, Drama wears bright colours that really make her stand out (two high pony tails, tie-dye shirts, and knee-high converse) and she loves nothing more than hanging out with her other "nerdy" drama friends. Usually does pretty well in tests, but does get distracted talking to her friends. "No way! Hamilton is soo much better than HSM!"
Science: Wears predominantly white. A red-head with lots of freckles and glasses. Very smart, but talks through his nose. Usually quiet, but can get quite excited on the properties of the periodic table. "Gold's melting point is 1,064 °C not 1,065°C!"
Art: Comes to school in a different outfit every day. Usually some DIY test that turned out amazing but when anyone else tries it, it looks like a hot mess. Semi-popular, she has long brown hair (that is usually covered in paint) and sparkly green eyes. Vegan and has a crush on Languages. "What do you mean I have something in my hair? I painted it rainbow on purpose!"
Languages: Very colourful, he wears a lot of Hawaiian style tees and ocassionaly rocks a grass skirt. Quite popular with the ladies, bringing out cheesy catchphrases like "Hola señorita" and "Tu es vraiment belle!" All the guys hate him, but he doesn't care. Usually flukes his way through his assignments, and doesn't do his homework, but then awes his teacher by his perfect French/Spanish/Italian which they can't understand but think is hot. "Oh non! Je suis desole, mon brilliant professeur, mais mon chien a mange mon devoir!" (Oh no! I am sorry, my brilliant teacher, but my dog ate my homework!)  
Stereotyping at its best. 

• A. Penderwick

This is brilliant. And being a theater kid who often wears tie-dye and pony tails to school, I can confirm that it is also very accurate.

• beth r.

"What do you mean I have something in my hair? I painted it rainbow on purpose!"
    What a mOoD
    it'll take me a bit to reply to all your amazing comments- don't think they've went unnoticed, your support means the world!

• Ava Marie

These are great!!!

• SamRose

Ok, time for another round of the Peer Review club! I know, it hasn't been two weeks, but I have gotten so many new recruits I figured I should do a new round with the new members and then we can start on a somewhat normal schedule with this. :) So, please visit this piece: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/225472/version/475763 and leave a comment including between 1-3 pieces to be reviewed! If you don't have any to be reviewed, please let me know still so I can make sure everyone saw this. I will compile a list of all the new assignments for reviews, and leave you another comment with the link to that post. Thank you in advance! And as always, happy reviewing! XD

• serotonin

re: thank you! now that you mention it, that song is exactly the mood i wanted to capture

• Awesome Sienna

That's really cool Ruth! I think I'm a mixture of art and drama.

• Sophiascb

and these are the types of stereotypes I can support ;)

• SamRose

Re: Tysm!!

• katnissromanoff

I love this!!!!! I don't know which one I would be.... maybe a mix of art, drama, and music? Or a mix of them all lol

Oh this is brilliant!!! Im so drama XD

Honestly tho, whoever she was talking to is mistaken. Hamilton is SO much better than HSM lol /gen

HAHAH I love this! My favourite is definitely languages since that is definitely the class that someone totally laid back does awesome in!
    RE: Awww you are too!! <333 and omg wait- how did that slip my mind when I referenced her. OK, wait, let me find a young Ruth now.... ooooh wait, your name means "Friend" awww, how sweet!! See, that's an awesome name!!

• WrenBirdWrites

PS, I'm a mix between science and art XD

• WrenBirdWrites

Oh, I love this! Lol

Oh, fantastic /g

• Minvra

Music would also avoid diary products before a performance. They make mucus thicker.

The only French I recognized was "mais" et "mange"
    Is it really a surprise that mange is the easiest word for me to remember? I love food.
    If I was one of those subjects, I would be Music, because I hum a lot or sing. I'm not eccentric enough to be art, or precise enough to be science. Language, well that's my ego. Drama, I'd like to say I'm a mix of nerdy and cool, but that's my ego. P.E., well I care about my clothes at least a little.

• AstroWriter

Re: well, here are the chapters! I posted 3 of them since there were "overdue" lol. I really hope you read them!

• amaryllis

HAHA this is amazing! I can see all of them in my head, spot on!

Re: thank you :)

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

this is so true and awesome
    okay but don't forget the perfect pitch of music
    *school bell rings*
    music: thAtS a C sHaRp!
    yes I am that annoying music/theatre kid with perfect pitch XD