Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*
Peeta Mellark’s girl (9-24-20)

Happy Friday!! How’s everyone?

God loves you!

teardrops shaped like petals (draft 2!)

9
forgotten moments, 
hidden in the thick folds of time 
do you remember telling me  
how much you care? 
you said it with different words 
but i heard it either way 
it sounded as fresh and clear
as a bright tulip in springtime 
i hung onto the words,  
long fingers reaching out 
grasping at air 
trying to make them tangible 
more than a distant, misty breath  
combined with soft sound 
trying to make them into  
the mold i wanted them to be 

but you cannot mold the ocean’s waters 
without getting burned by  
the jealous sun 

you are like a flower 
standing sturdily in the grass 
gorgeous and yet untamed 
golden stem anchored into dirt 
and perfect violet petals dripping dew  

is this the end? 
are you going to say goodbye  
and row to shore 
leaving me alone on this island  
to sit beneath the stars and count each  
foggy, chilled breath 
dancing the slow ballroom waltz 
alone, with only one pair of feet 
gliding over smooth sand? 

don’t disappear  
stay by my side 
don’t exit the stage yet 
they still wait for the final bow 
please don’t forget me 
will you please stay in dreams? 

it’s probably going to end in tears 
the heart is too fragile  
to not be damaged at some point 
it has already happened to all of us 
in one way or another  
but we can’t give up, 
can’t let the darkness beat us 
even when we’re stumbling  
we have to resist the urge to just collapse 
the heart might break eventually, 
but it is only temporary  
and perhaps the reason is so that 
as we put the pieces back together  
it becomes a puzzle 
one that we can slowly start to solve 
and maybe the second time 
the heart’s rhythm goes from 
quick and uncertain  
to calm and steady  

still, i hope you will stay 
your beautiful smile makes my heart 
flutter like a hundred moths 
so please, don’t make me 
turn away from our happy memories  
with sourness on my tongue 

maybe i will be able to accept 
when you move on 
or maybe it was only ever me who  
felt like they were flying  
when you looked my way 
i know that i can probably never have you 
so i have to just enjoy this moment  
and hope you know 
how much i love you 

every path leads us to 
a different destination  
and every obstacle  
helps us understand where we  
need to grow 
i love you, flower 
even if i can never have you 
as my own 

but i still want you 
This is draft two of this poem! THANK YOU so so much to mindfruit, Luiza L, and Minvra for the amazing reviews! :)
 So, this version is very similar to the first one, but I fixed a few typos and added a couple lines. Thank you so much for all the support! Love you guys!

~Also, “will you please stay in dreams?” is from Euphoria by Jungkook (BTS), and “but I still want you” is from The Truth Untold by BTS. 

• In Which Yaya Writes

I’m not crying— you’re crying. But no, this seriously almost made me cry. It kinda reminded me of a spouse who’s marriage is falling apart, but I could also see how it’s a dating couple. My favorite part was “is this the end?
    are you going to say goodbye
    and row to shore
    leaving me alone on this island
    to sit beneath the stars and count each
    foggy, chilled breath
    dancing the slow ballroom waltz
    alone, with only one pair of feet
    gliding over smooth sand?” That last line though, with the smooth sand... XC. You did absolutely amazing!!
    Replying: Your welcome! Your writing is too amazing :).
    Hehe. I was telling my mom how much you like them, then my brother was saying how weird BTS is, and I said, “Have you ever listened to one of their songs?” So then we watched one of their songs... DNA I think. I thought it sounded nice even though I had no idea what they were saying XD. I thought the music video was a bit... odd, but then again I can’t remember the last time I watched a music video XD. Unless Oldies count. Anyway, I’ll be looking up those songs you recommended!
    Yeah, I thought it would be easier to have the lyrics first then the tune, but I’m trying out both ways. Hopefully one of them will work!
    Thank you!

• mindfruit

Great job with the revisions Eden! Your first draft was great on its own, but this is even better and feels more complete. the piece itself retains all great things about your previous one, with a few upgrades here and there that altogether makes it feel more complete. Nice work!

• serein

re: Oh cool! Eden is such a beautiful name!!
    Yeah they do have a bunch of good songs.

• ChimChim_1

Re: Ok 1st of your pfp is...Fabulous UwU okay, one sec I have to see the songs suggestions I gave ya before:3:3

re again: btw i'm hardcore Team Foster-Keefe. i don't like calling them Sokeefe or Keephie (both kinda weird) although Keefoster works. but there's such a tangled web of friends and love interests, it's hard to do. Here are my other ships which do change frequently...
    Linh and Wylie (i know she's a minor but besides that; it won't matter in a few years for the rest of their centuries)
    Linh and Fitz (see i'm undecided, it's too hard)
    Tam and Biana (i used to ship dex and biana but the Tiana/Bam vibes were too strong and persuasive)
    Dex and Marella (sorta)
    weirdly, i just thought of Elwin and Livvy, and i feel like it could be really good. i know Livvy is legally still married, tho. and it makes me sad that she and quinlin can't work that out. ok, i think that's all! (as you can imagine, flashback through unlocked destroyed me in all sorts of ways because of Team Foster-Keefe)

:dancing the slow ballroom waltz
    alone, with only one pair of feet
    gliding over smooth sand?"
    ahhh
    re: ok i'm not sure if i ever followed up with you when you said you finished all the (published) KOTLC books. that was 21 days ago, believe it or not, but... here i am! how do you feel about... well, everything? which one d'you wanna talk about first? also what are your ships? (this will not make me dislike you, really. just curious. *cackles* choose wisely!) XD but really, thoughts on the last... four or so KOTLC books?

• serein

re: Aw thank you! Sure!! What can I call you?
    Yeah I've heard Bulletproof the Eternal, and honestly it's such a good hype song. It's pretty good!
    Crystal snow was pretty. Not my favorite song, but I can definitely appreciate it!

• serein

re: Ooh I love your profile pic!!
    yeah I agree!!
    I'll listen to those! I'm pretty sure I've heard bulletproof the eternal, but I'll listen to it again to make sure!

Ooooh I really like the slightly revised version! I think the few added lines make the story more cohesive and flow smoother (although it was already amazing)! great job!
    RE: Awww thank you!!! Also haha, yeah, I’ve seen it but I don’t think I’ve ever actually gone swimming in it. There’s so many lakes in Canada and I live in Ontario (so not on the Coast). And the one time I went to Orlando, there was some disease in the water or something so we didn’t go! And yeah! Oooh yeah, there’s no problem with having distance friends, that’s awesome! Some of my best friends don’t live near me! It’s just weird to go from seeing my friends everyday to not. Ooooh this is a really tough one- I’m such a nerd so I like basically every subject! Hmmm, I guess I’ll say science cause it’s pretty interesting. What about you?
    (sorry for the super late response, I haven't been on WTW for a few days, I had to work on my English essay I'd kept putting off XD)

• serein

re: oh gosh I'm real smart. Ha just noticed that I forgot to delete the copy paste thing I do when I respond!! Sorry that was so stupid haha
    I really loved tonight!!! It was so sweet and honestly Jin's voice is so underrated!!
    Winter Bear was ok, but it was pretty cute. I saw in the comments that there is a theory that it's about his grandmother?? That literally made the song so much sadder!
    Serendipity was fine. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of jimin's voice, but I'm not going to judge a song based on his voice. I think I have to listen to it a little more. I'm weird like that, sometimes I have to listen to songs a couple times before they sink in.
    But yeah thank you for the suggestions!! I'm so glad you liked "still with you"

• serein

Okay, so my favorites are (I’ll juts give a few so I don’t overwhelm you: I know you’ve already heard Euphoria, Sweet Night, and Promise, right? I love Tonight by Jin, Winter Bear by V, Paper Hearts (cover song) by Jungkook, and Serendipity by Jimin (just a few suggestions to start with).
    re: Yeah no I think you'll like it!
    I think I might have heard winter bear and I've definitly heard the paper hearts cover (it was really good!) But I'll listen to the other ones and tell you what I think :)

• serein

re: Yeah I've only heard a few, but if you have any recommendations, I would love to check them out!
    Have you heard "still with you" by jungkook? That one is good.

• serein

re: aha yes kpop idols have a reputation for being hilarious lol.
    I know I love how they inspire each other!! It's so sweet!

• rosewrites

re: thanks for the comment! I appreciate your thoughts :) Yeah, anxiety’s not a fun friend to have around, but we’ve got to learn to deal some how.

This poem ^^^ is awesome. You are so awesome are writing analogies! There’s one like every two seconds and they give me chills. Keep being awesome ;)

• serein

re: Oh yeah they can be very funny lol. Your welcome!
    Yeah they love bts! Especially wooyoung, who does Jimin's part in their cover of blood sweat and tears in the performance. The music album he ever bought was a bts album lol. They all look up to them so much. Huge fanboys it's so funny.

Re: You too!!

• serein

re: your welcome!
    Yes ateez has performed at MAMA 2019 and 2020. The 2019 performance in my view is better than the 2020 one (mainly because mingi isn't in the 2020 one, he was on hiatus)
    Also the 2019 performance is VERY iconic lol. Every ateez fan knows and loves it. (you should watch it--they did a cover of "blood sweat and tears" lol) For the 2019 performance, they performed parts of one of their songs "wonderland". Mingi was on hiatus for most of the promotions they did of it, so he went AL L OUT at mama when performing it lol . I think they might of sat next to bts, too. (which they freaked out about because they are huge bts fanboys)

• serein

re: Haha yeah it was pretty funny lol
    Oh ok let me think. So usually when I watch bts videos (which is kinda rare lol) I just watch funny compilations of them, or interviews. I'm not actually that knowledgable lol. I think there is this one youtube channel called "angelina" its this girl who sometimes does like analysis of performances, music videos, and such. It's kind of intersting. It's all kpop of course, so she might do bts too.
    Sorry I know this really wasn't that helpful lol. I would reccomend just watching interviews, that will teach you a lot, and then maybe youtube will reccomend interesting things? I hope this was at least slightly helpful lol.

• serein

re: Aw that must be nice!!
    I agree I love it when they don't lip-sync. It's like they're making themselves more vulnerable for their fans. I don't know how to describe it, but I just love it!
    Hmmm I can't remember it that well cause I wasn't paying attention too much. They performed at the New Year's Rock and Eve I think and it was the time that Jimin got stuck in his jacket lol. It was interesting for sure haha.

• serein

re: aha yeah I realized that just after I wrote it lol.
    Oh nice your Dad must be really understanding. I remember in 2019 we were all at a new years party with a lot of friends (including the one who likes kpop--this was before she unstanned bts) and bts performed boy with luv and my friend was going CRAZY. So my dad sat in the back of the room and made fun of all their moves and choreography and it was funny.
    My sister reminded it of him this year and asked him if he remembered them and then told him that they were nominated for a grammy. He looked surprised but seemed happy for them!
    Yeah lol ateez is much closer in age than bts.
    I like to watch the music videos so that you know, I've seen them, but if I want to watch a song being performed, I just watch live performances. I don't know, I just prefer seeing people sing and dance live. It seems so much more intimate I guess? If you know what I mean. Ateez usually all sing live, with a couple exceptions. But this comeback, every live performance they did as a promotion, I didn't hear any lipsyncing, so that was great. Jongho (my bias) never, ever lip-syncs. And he has all the highest notes.

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much! :)

Re: Doing same as always, chillin. no inspiration for writing so far this spring break, probably just gonna do a rhymes with :) How r u?

Re: Anytime, Lark. <3

Still love this even my brain cells are laughing at my attempt to understand it atm XD

• serein

re: My mom is a little weird. She despises any type of pop, so of course kpop would fit into that category. Part of it is that she wouldn't understand it, and part of it that she would think that it is trashy. (to be fair, there is a lot of pop that is on the trashy side, but not all of it)
    So yeah. It would be hard to understand unless you met her :)
    Aha that's funny!! I'm sure your sister will just stop caring at some point lol
    Ateez are more close in age than bts.
    Jongho is 21, San, Yunho, Yeosang, Mingi, and Wooyoung are 22, Hongjoong and Seongwha are 23. (I thnk Seonghwha might be a couple months older than Honjoong, but Hongjoong is the leader