serotonin

hi what's happening this can't be happening thank you for all the support guys

threads of 3:37 PM

grab bag prompt: write about what you imagine people across the world are doing at the exact time you’re writing this piece (ex: 2:35 on a Tuesday). (by almost flora kane)

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and an opposite hemisphere tucks someone into bed, moonlight beaming in through a shaft in the window, a patch of their dozing head caught in the spotlight.

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and the shadowy corners of the pub offer no solace to someone hunched over an Old Fashioned, the bartender pretending not to judge as he cleans the same row of glasses over again.

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and stale air hugs someone tighter than their blankets, hiding from the afternoon with curtains drawn and door locked, distracting themselves from their responsibilities with a comedy sitcom.

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and Zoom class accidentally unmutes itself as someone brainstorms with their friends on Discord about how they're going to pool enough money to afford a Jackbox Party Pack, the teacher's mouth twinging up despite verbal reprimands.

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and a mask slips down a sweaty face, the Subway employee drumming their fingers on the counter over the olives, counting the cars outside and wondering if anyone is inclined to change up the monotony of their day.

It's 3:37 PM on a Friday and boredom creates lives that aren't mine, friends made up instead of made, ambiguity the thread of wool that stretches through screen and invites you to hold on.

typo whoops you didn't see anything

• almost flora kane

the way that you took this is so cool! i think the repetition works really well to set up each new situation:)

Oh where did the piece go?

re: No problem! Oh that's awesome!

• Avril

Re: oh cool! I'm from Ontario but I live in Manitoba now. It's very boring and cold here, don't recommend it haha

Also this piece is so cool :)

• Asteraceae

Re: I sent her that song a week ago, she likes it ;)

• Livsnjutare

This is super good! I love how you did so many different perspectives, great job!