Abrianna

Writer
American
Patriot
Bibliophile
Thinker
Logican
Pianist
History Addict
Seventeen

Joined: August 16, 2020

Per aspera ad astra!

Nothing is more sad than the death of an illusion. -Arthur Koestler
Yes, I'm very lost right now..

Please Save Me

29
Please Help Me. 

I want to fly a plane.                     
I would love to sail the seas.
I wish I could be an author.
I want to own a ranch.
I'd like to be in uniform.

Yet here I am about to,
graduate..
And I can't breathe.

I can't breathe,
 because I'm lost.
I'm wandering among the trees,
I'm floating with the clouds.
I am as lost as a child at the beach.
I really don't want to fail.
But I'm not even doing anything.

I want to go home.
But I have none..

1

• aalawrites

Wow this is so relatable.
    re: So sorry for getting back to you late. It's the school holidays right now in Australia so I'm free for another week. I'm really happy you liked We Have Always Lived in the Castle. I thought it was a very interesting and unique novel. I'm hoping to study law next year, but honestly I just want to study english, but that isn't going to get me a job so law is the next bset thing for me. I find it really sad that we live in a world where the Arts aren't really appreciated, and people interested in them aren't provided with the best job security.

• Parisienne

re: I know what you mean about not knowing what to do but knowing the aspects you want to be a part of your future! I want so many different things too!!! Thing is you will be able to incorporate all the different aspects that you want into your life (so you could be president and learn to fly planes and crab fish in Alaska in your gorgeous second home or be a crab fisher in Alaska, living in a gorgeous log cabin and work for the local council). Just because it isn't your career doesn't mean it isn't a part of your life. We all have those secret dreams, and I hope you one day find someone you trust enough to tell them too!!
    I ADORE that Sylvia Plath quote! It's so true, my thoughts always sound better in my head than aloud. My dreams too. Please don't apologise, I love rambling comments (this one is just the same).
    Take care, I hope you find what you're looking for and that all your dreams come true.
    Becca <3

• Abigail Faith

I feel this 100%!! Praying for you tonight! <3

• rafaelsolanoishot

this is such a good piece, I could connect with a lot of it! I hope you get all the positive things the universe has to offer you and find a way to spread your wings!

• Jj101

Amazing piece! I get this, but I still have a little time. Best of luck to you<3

Re: Aww thanks! Not super near, we're about an hour away from the one I want to volunteer at. Ikr? Oh ok, I'll make sure to listen to it! OH YES I love Lewis Capaldi too! Someone You Loved is one of my favs of his. Ohmygosh yas! Hmmm.....I love all the Laura Ingalls books!

Re: Np! Thanks :) Ohhh that's soo cool! I think I've just decided on being a lifesaver (volunteer lifeguard) next year, until (hopefully lol) my acting career starts off. Aww thank you! Gl to you as well! (for whatever you want to do lol) Ohhh awesome! I do love his voice! What's your fav song by him? I like Back to You and Two of Us. I'm also a big fan of One Direction haha (OI OIIIII)

• McK13

re: thanks so much for reading!! Yes, all frontline workers are incredible heroes! And, also, yes, lots of police officers are super selfless and deserve our respect and appreciation! True, luckily, I still have all of high school left to figure out my plan. Good luck in deciding, I'm sure whatever you choose will be awesome :)

• McK13

This is so wonderfully written!! Very relatable! I'm always wondering what career I should go into, but I feel like whenever I try to choose a path, I end up getting even more torn! But the good thing is that you want to do so many things because that shows how many goals and dreams you have! I know you will do so many fantastic things in your future and even though you feel so lost and confused right now, eventually you will figure everything out :)

• avezilla

i love the feeling of just not knowing that you put in this piece! the feeling of being lost is so understandable, and i feel that way too sometimes, the same anxiety and fear of thinking about the future! beautiful writing

• ~madeline~

This is so relatable! People ask me what I want to do as a career, or even what I might want to major in in college and I’m just like... uhhh would you like to hear my list?

• V-Rose

This is beautiful and so wonderfully put. That's the first thing I wanted to say. The second is to let you know that you're amazing! You're panicking now! Because you want to be able to do so much. And that's a good thing. You can do a lot! You will do a lot! Just take a deep breath and it'll find a way to work itself out. And about being lost... well, I wish I could help... but I'm kind of stuck in my own trees right now and I've failed every geometry thing ever, so... my best advice is to follow your compass and you'll find your way through.

• Livsnjutare

Same here!! I don't really know what I want to do besides be an author . . .
    I am sure that you will figure it out soon!

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

take my hand, my friend

Whoah nice! I'm the same, I'd like to be an actor, singer, lifeguard, author and lead trail guides lmao :P WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CHOOOSEEEEEE. Tho I want to be an actor most of all, so I think that's won out.

• Parisienne

I feel like this sometimes too (dw I think it's normal) haha. I hope you find what you're looking for soon <3
    Beautiful piece btw

• ArtCat

I feel that sometimes too!! Like you just don't know what you really want and you're afraid to choose something wrong. Sometimes I just want to ask someone else: what should I do? It's hard having to make our own choices. Good luck though! I believe that everything will work out in the end!

• zebrastripes

I totally get the feeling of being lost- like you look around and everyone's suddenly got plans they're gonna achieve or places to be while you're just a little stuck. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! Just remember that you got to be lost before you can ever be found (I think it's a cheesy quote from somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where). But it's true, sometimes it's good to be a little lost because it creates opportunities and perspectives you wouldn't normally have. Thrive in your lost of directions- who knows what awesome place you might end up in. And you might feel a little hopeless but it's all going to be fine looking back 50 years from now. I'm wishing you the best of luck! <3