al3xandra_9219

Hi, I'm Alex (she/her)
INFJ
Taurus
Slytherin
Bookworm
Erudite
Daughter of Hermes
Total Movie Geek
Gymnast
I believe in equal rights for everyone :)

"A lot of people think being introverted is a bit weird, I think it's weird that others can't enjoy their own company without the distraction of other people." -Steven Aitchison

"I never exactly made a book. It's rather like taking dictation. I was given things to say."- C.S Lewis

"There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit at a typewriter and bleed."- Ernest Hemingway

The Fault in Schools

4
School work is tiring
And that would be fine
If we'd need this for the real world
But we don't
They lied
We don't need gym packets
Of "How to Hold Rackets"
When every two minutes
A woman is assaulted
They don't tell us
How the system is faulted
They leave out the the dangers
Of walking by strangers
Or the every day risk
Of going by neighbors
They don't tell us our bodies
Are seen as parties
To people out there
That really don't care
Well, I suppose teachers teach it,
They do
When they tell us our shoulders
Are not acceptable in school
To all the girls on here (and guys) definitely at least once take a self defense class. It could save your life one day. We shouldn't have to, and this shouldn't be such a "taboo" topic, but it's worth it to say. I know a good program called "Gracie jiu jitsu". They have a "University" and you can even just do it at home if you buy the course online <3 Hope everyone's having a wonderful day  (is it bad that I'm worried this might just get taken down? idk for what but idkk)

1

• SamRose

Hey Alex! Just wanted to let you know I am doing the third round of the review club! It looks like you might not have finished the second round's reviews? If it is being too much work, just let me know if you want to take a hiatus or something. :) If not, just let me know which pieces you would like reviewed! Tysm! :)

• ArtCat

Woah, it's powerful and it rhymes! This is such a good piece, especially the flow! I'm working on your review XD!

• SamRose

Review group assignments have been posted! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/226489/version/478258

• SamRose

Ok, time for another round of the Peer Review club! I know, it hasn't been two weeks, but I have gotten so many new recruits I figured I should do a new round with the new members and then we can start on a somewhat normal schedule with this. :) So, please visit this piece: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/225472/version/475763 and leave a comment including between 1-3 pieces to be reviewed! If you don't have any to be reviewed, please let me know still so I can make sure everyone saw this. I will compile a list of all the new assignments for reviews, and leave you another comment with the link to that post. Thank you in advance! And as always, happy reviewing! XD

• Livsnjutare

This poem is so beautifully written! I agree with it 100%!! The last line is so relatable, though. Me and my friends always joke about how attractive our shoulders must be for the school to make us cover them. hahaha

• Tachi

Re: almost, although I'm not sure if my test was correct, I might have to do it again to make sure.

• First Name Last Name

thank you for writing this! it is a very important topic! i love the flow of the words, awesome job!

• Tachi

wow... Awesome piece, such great meaning for it to... I like your quotes ^.^