Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP & HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
Joined Feb. 2021
wlw
Current Obsession: Billie Eilish

Hey!

I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.

I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always appreciate feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>

I mostly write little poetry things, short stories, flash fictions, and some political commentary/mockery.

Thanks so much for the 150+ followers!!

Emotional Transition #1: Shock to Intrigue

1
Everyone's experienced shock at one point or another. Not just surprise, but true and complete shock. 
The kind that makes your feet stick to the ground, your legs go numb, and you knees almost buckle. Your fingertips tingle as your hand quivers, shaking just slightly. Your heart seems to have both stopped and sped up at the same time. Your mind swims in circles, shouting, screaming.

Shock is when your mind doesn't know what to think and your heart doesn't know what to feel.
Shock is when your body doesn't know what to do and your soul can't tell what's real.

First, you think, ...w-what? 
You just can't seem to understand or process this new reality. 

Shock digs that dreaded pit of fear and confusion.
Shock sparks that dreaded fire of smoke and delusion.

Eventually, you take a deep breath and your body regains control. Your mind takes a moment to reorganize its thoughts and there's a twinge of shame ringing through you. This should effect me so much. There's a part of you that want's to act as if this doesn't phase you in the slightest, but then reasoning comes crashing in. It's too late for that.

Shock wrenches you back to clarity.
Shock spins you back to morality.

Once this has been accepted, you begin to want more. More information, more explanation, more rationalization.
That's intrigue.

Intrigue is what releases questions into your bloodstream.
Intrigue is what unleashes wonder into your daydreams. 

You begin to fire off questions with a smile dancing on you lips.
Why? When? Where?

Intrigue causes you to run your lips.
Intrigue lets you form friendships.

You laugh as you hear stories from behind the scenes. Your mind is no longer upset and chaotic. It pieces together the broken shards, matching up the timelines. And now, it's almost... enjoyable.

Intrigue poses challenges for your heart and mind.
Intrigue reminds you to always stay true and kind.

At first you were frightened of the others side of reality, but now you're not.At first you were thrown and confused when you heard the truth, but now you're not. At first you were in shock, but now it's faded to surprise. And now it's faded to intrigue.
Whoa. Really? Awesome!
Shock to intrigue.

I was feeling bored and got inspired from this. I hope people found some sort of comfort from a piece like this, I was thinking I may do some more with different emotions.

"Your heart seems to have both stopped and sped up at the same time." was just an amazing description! I love the rhymes as well, they flow so well with the story! I love how you went from shock to intrigue- it was a really cool way of going from negative to positive and was super uplifting! and the way you describe shock is so real!