~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

madeline3.14159

'we meet no ordinary
people in our lives.'
~c.s. lewis~

mud underneath my fingernails

14
nature's tears fall to the dust and soak into the ground

pain splatters and smears with every step i take on this muddied road.

the rain will wash everything clean

but will it?

won't it just make my mess more spreadable?

i'm up to my knees in mud

i'm digging through the dirt to find that seed 

that one last seed of hope

my seed of hope

the seed that i will plant in my mud

in my pain

in my weakness.

the seed i will water with the tears 

falling from my eyes.

and then i'll wait.

because there's nothing else to do. 

and because i know the sun will come out

and i know my seed will become a tree.

:)

Re: Yes, everyone's so great. I can't pick a favourite character, but I relate most to the grey sisters (maggie included). Cristina, Bailey, and Alex are probably some of my favourites. Couple wise, I'm a huge fan of sappy or dramatic romances, so I'm going to be cliche and say merder. And mark/Lexie too. What about you? Favourite couple and friendships?

• McK13

Amazing, as always!! The ending wrapped the entire thing so perfectly! So simple and so breathtaking :) About the critique thing, you are more than welcome to do any of my pieces though I don't know if they're that deserving of you critiquing them. Anyways, great job on this lovely piece!

Re: Yessss! I'm trying to distance myself, I get overly attached to so many stories, but the characters are just so relatable, and the plot is so addicting! I kinda got turned off after season 11,because Cristina leaves and Derek dies in less than on year, so I'm not in tune with all the storylines after that.... I consider 10x18 my end. Who's your favorite character?

Re: Great!

I love some of the quotes from the show, they just make so much sense. Do you watch it? I sped through most of it (Till season 11, and watched a few episodes till 14, because that's all I have on where I watch it, and I watch clips on YouTube occasionally) because I knew the plot (My friend spoiled it) and read fanfics now and then,,,,

• avezilla

OH MY GOD! I can't put to words how much this piece impacted me! i don't know what kind of dark magic you're using (lol) but you conveyed such a feeling of urgency, need, longing in a short, beautiful poem! for sure going to follow you :)

Firstly, this is wonderful! I love your extended metaphor, and it all fits in so well!

About the critiquing thing, i don't know if this is worthy enough, but I have this piece called 'home'. It's pretty school appropriate, and below 1000 words: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/195135/version/396749

Just let me know if you're fine with it!

• Tachi

WOW! This is amazing! I wan't more :< I'm so needy when I read something as it ends perfectly, i always want moreeeeee, I really do love this piece though