McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece!! Hope you enjoy it! Please feel free to leave any kind of feedback you may have. All of your comments mean the world to me and I'm so appreciative! Have an amazing day/night :)

Three Sijos

PROMPT: Sijo

4

Fuel to Change

Irrational guilt and blame is cast upon those outnumbered 
Still, they rise when trouble and shame is held against another
And I'm in awe for they transform senseless threats into fuel for change 

Torn Paper

Isn't it the worst when a perfectly clean sheet of paper tears? 
Annoyed, you ponder for a minute, thinking of its purpose
Maybe the paper's weakness to bleed is its hidden beauty?

Hidden by Choice

To hide her identity, she puts on a mask of pure disguise
If only, I could uplift that wall so the world could see her shine
But that would remove her only power, wearing a costume 

Wow I love this so so much! I saw this prompt but I thought it was so difficult to think of an idea and restrict it to just a few syllables! But you did it perfectly- three times!! The middle one is definitely my favorite because it is just so profound! And "transform senseless threats into fuel for change" in the first one is just WOW! I loveeee that wording! RE: Awwww thank you so much!! Haha, it tooootally didn’t flow so easily because it was from my dreams… XD (also, scroll to the ending of my latest revision to see why I put the specific song in there)
    And aww I’m glad!! Your comment drew a big smile on my face as well! And no don’t worry- thank you so much for clarifying! I just wanted to let you know that I read the message as well and didn’t skip it! And yes! Painting really is, although I think I need to step up my game a bit XD Haha thank you! And don’t worry, I was definitely super scared every time! Haha honestly, I don’t get how people don’t like it (hitting head emoji- I hope you know what one I’m talking about loll) And haha, stop trying to be so nice!! That wish of yours was definitely the best!! Ooooh those are amazing destinations!!! Yes, I want to go to Italy as well for the history!! But instead of going to the Maldives for beaches and warm weather- I want to go to New Zealand because there’s just such amazing scenery there as well! Plus the PM is a total boss!

• SamRose

Re: Thank you! :) And I love these sijos <3

• nolongeractive

Re: AHHH that makes sense, and thanks so much! You are amazing!

• nolongeractive

Re: THANK U QUEEN! I LOVE YOU. And girl, this piece slapped. The title is amazing, but I truly do not what a "Sijo' is but I am looking it up now! - I absolutely love this piece, and I love the first couple of lines because the vocab choice just makes the piece all make sense. You have so much talent and all of your pieces have such marvelous endings. YOU ARE AMAZING!