psithurism

she/her | christian
violist | nemophilist
est. 10/21/2020

on an unintentional semi-hiatus

Reviews and suggestions are always greatly appreciated.

haunting nostalgia

17

and as i ran my hand along walnut banisters, the aroma of aging ink still fresh in my nose, i looked up and met your eyes. oh my those russet eyes. i clutched my leather satchel closer, but it was too late. i made a foolish mistake. i fell for you. i fell. i was not just foolish, i was cowardly too. i'd just watch, as your dark curls bobbed up and down in the crowd. i wrote bad poetry in chocolate ink on my wrists, and when you noticed, you held the words gently, as if they were a small bird. and although i'm no artist, i painted your face on the roman statues in the courtyard. i carved your name in the old willow down by the pond. had i more courage, i would've leaned in and kissed your chapped lips. i settled for the small thrill of the electric jolt sent up my spine every time you laughed. i couldn't even escape you in my sleep. my dreams taunted me with images of us running down empty hallways and writing each other letters on yellow parchment by dim candlelight. i can't help but hate my past self. she's left me with nothing but regret and haunting nostalgia.

1

• Zirong

This is...so so so good. Your imagery is insanely stunning. Just saved it to my notes so that I can read it over and over again. *clap*

Re: Yeah, there's no point in trying to stick it to the man. After all, they're in control, and they're doing their best whether we agree with them or not.

• ~wildflower~

Thanks for your likes and follow!! This is a wonderful piece! You create such stark images through your descriptions, and I love how you used italics. Also, I just encountered the word nemophilist for the first time in your profile and I LOVE IT! Definitely one of my new favourite words :)

Re: Violated our privacy?? They could've asked us first. It's your imagination, not stalker photos of us. We didn't have to tell you if you were right or not.

Nooo did they take down your piece about the WtWers? It used descriptive language and engaged the community though!

• aaliyahh

re: any is fine! thank you sm <3

• aaliyahh

re: awe i will def catch up on that offer!! i actually do need peer reviews...but it's totally up to you!! and same goes for you, if you want any peer reviews or just to chat im always here!!! :))

• aaliyahh

oh my goodness...words can't even explain how amazed i am at this!!! it's so romantic, and it's like everything i dream of (in a romantic way); i can picture a story in my head when i read this and it's soo beautiful <3 i'm in love with this piece!! i definitely look up to you!! your such an amazing writer :))

• pyrrhic

re: teehee thank you kiwi!

• Parisienne

Wow...wow this is just amazingly powerful and relatable. Love the way you weaved in the memories with this tone of regret. Just beautiful!!
    re: Isn't it just! Hate ppl who aren't genuine <3

• Melancholy Celestial

you've done the impossible: made science class wonderful! how kiwi, how? /lh My dark academia heart has fainted, but only because this is amazing! Keep writing<3

• Livsnjutare

This is SO amazing!!!!! beautifully written!

• ANSON REYNOLDS

this makes me want to run away, find an abandoned mansion, grab the first cute guy I find, and have a whole sordid romance thing that leaves me heartbroken but STONGER FOR IT, so in short, fabulous job :)

Re: :D

• BriRiley

The beginning is lovely! To bad things were so bad with the lovers :( you did a good job! I love it!

Wow! This was so beautiful! "carved your name in the old willow down by the pond" was just sooo romantic! I love the integration of italics!

uhmm yep i knew it

you're a frickin poet

....

WOW

• pyrrhic

"aging ink" " bad poetry in chocolate ink on my wrists" "you held the words gently, as if they were a small bird" "and although i'm no artist, i painted your face on the roman statues in the courtyard. i carved your name in the old willow down by the pond. had i more courage, i would've leaned in and kissed your chapped lips."

*chefs kiss* kiwi, you are astounding. /gen

This piece is absolutely spectacular