Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, (unofficially) rat in a hat, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters
(Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"you can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"
~ Nightbirde

"my thoughts cry in verse"
~ traitor.o.us (poem) by Anne Blackwood

"i streak the atmosphere with ink."
~ graffiti-streaked poetry (poem) by Paisley Blue

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

From Your Earth

This body is not dying, but at times I feel so ill.
I ask only that you remember me, for I know you will.

I'm stronger than you're told I am; it's natural to change.
But if you are gentle with your home, I won't feel so strange.

Take care of my waters and my creatures great and small.
For of everything that I have seen, I love you most of all.
"about what the earth would say if it could speak" ~sophie_simile

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Hi, and thanks! I was wondering if you'd be willing to talk to me about your experience as a Christian. I'm looking more into religious things than I used to, and I've realized I'm not actually converted. So I was wondering what it was like for you when you came to faith, and how, and how your life changed because of it.

RE: Yes, the Middle East is super diverse! And ooh! That’s so interesting, I never knew about Jews with red hair! And yeah true, the thing with that is that I have a pretty neutral tone cause red can sometimes make me look bad and light blue looks nice, but on the other hand mustard yellow (not neon yellow, that seems to be a very rude colour lol) seems to suit me as well so every colour is different on me lol! Oooh lucky you! Oooh interesting! Do you like going to Israel? And awww, you live in California? That’s so awesome!!

RE: Hahah no worries, I figured it out! And haha, one of my Irish friends is the exact same! She actually carries a tube of sunscreen everywhere she goes when it’s sunny! XD And haha no, my dad is 100% Pakistani too- so my family history isn’t super interesting lol. It’s kind of cool that I’m tan though cause both sides of my family are pale (not Irish pale tho lol) except for my mum, one of her sisters, and me and my sisters who got a random tan gene. I like it though cause it means I don’t have to worry about sunscreen as much XD- the only downside is if I ever wanted a blonde balayage (if you don’t know- that’s super common among Pakistani girls to do), I’d have to choose a colour more carefully lol! But as for my nose, the reason I may have certain genes not traditionally Pakistani is cause my family comes from the Punjab area in Pakistan which has historically been super diverse and an area people from all over the world went through and intermixed (lol I don’t know the proper word right now) And aww, it’s great that you like it now! I think bumped noses look so awesome- they really are powerful! And I saw a tiktok once that said something I really liked, your nose is a remnant of your ancestors so you should be proud of it! And ooh that’s so cool about your brother- genes are so random!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you for the hugs and support, it means a lot.

• V-Rose

Here's a chapter for Death's Tales!

Re: That's good. It's rare in my experience to find a relationship like that, when a boy and a girl just want to be friends.

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: *insert evil laughter*

Re: Ah, somehow I missed that part...all right, my whole advice is going to totally change. I would say, then, politely refuse to dance, and maybe honestly give your reason being that you want to remain only friends and not pursue a relationship. I would say, also, maybe if he's still interested in you that way, you may want to let some distance grow between you (I know that sounds hard) but you want to be really cautious in this situation.

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: hehe I remembered you like owls uwu And thanks, for that on Unrestful Night. Sometimes I just need reminded. <33

• WrenBirdWrites

Re: I am thanking you far all your comments in one comment Lol I'm SO SO SO glad you liked Star Dance, I tried to go a little out of my comfort zone and use some of my inner dreamer Lol And Nightmares And Stallions Too was just super fun to write, you know I love my mythology hehe Do you know where I am talking about when I talk of Wooden Brook Pond? If not, next time you're over I'll show you! :>

Re: that was sweet of him to go even though he doesn't usually go...honestly...maybe just dance with him? I mean, if you like him and he likes you and you're both believers and know where your boundaries are...I see no harm in it. Obviously be careful though.

• ANSON REYNOLDS

it's natural to change... *deep breath* .... this poem was so peaceful, really good job w the rhyming
    re: thank you so much!! I actually wrote that in response to a prompt for a club and was like what the heck, I'll publish it :P

• Starlitskies

Brilliant. I love the last line. It takes skill to rhyme without sacrificing meaning.
    Re: Thank you so much for your sweet comments on both my pieces. And I must apologise for being late with my replies. It's really hard to find time to write, let alone come on wtw these days. Hope you're doing well. Sending love. <3

replying: ahh what i would say is go to prom,if you're feeling too uncomfortable tell him you can't but if you're feeling good and your gut tells you too then do it, if you think you'll have fun
    just go with the flow while you're there.because now,i don't think you'll excatly be able to make the decision.hope this helps?? i'm not the best about romantic stuff advice??!

• psithurism

re: Thanks so much Anne! That means a lot to me. :)

• Livsnjutare

I agree with happy butterfly! The last line is terrific! Also, WHY WASNT I FOLLOWING YOU BEFORE AND HOW DID I JUST NOTICE NOW THAT I WASNT. lol, I'm following you now!! XD

RE: goodness, that's crazy!....hmm...I take it slow dances are romantic...is he trying to hint that he likes you that way? If you really don't want to, maybe just say you don't feel comfortable doing that or something? Or you could totally use the height thing. Or make a big deal about how people will gossip or whatnot.
    You public schoolers do kinda get it lucky though...prom might be cool.

ahhh that last line is so beautiful

Re: lol, we actually joked about no premarital eye contact when we watched LOTR together and saw the Aragorn and Arwen scenes. The naive homeschooler stereotype is partially true.

Awwww, I love this so much! It's so beautiful to hear a loving kind earth instead of an upset or angry one for all we do! RE: Haha awww! And awww, you’re so sweet!!

• McK13

Re: of course!!

• Ava Marie

So beautiful, and so well written. I love it!!

• McK13

Beautifully written!! Your rhymes are so perfect and I really love the simplicity because it just emphasizes the emotion within your words :)

• beth r.

re: thnx :)

• beth r.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
    gorgeous (per usual) anne :)

I love the rhyming. I could see this made into a children's book with beautiful nature illustrations.
    Re: oh yes, knowing him he probably would freak out, lol. Yes, most embarrassing. I am forever doing embarrassing things in front of him (thinking of time I spit water out on the ground because he made me laugh : ( )

the rhyme scheme is incredible XD
    you know i love my couplets in a poem heh