Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
I'm Ruth :D
15

Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Musicals ♡
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!
Just your friendly neighbourhood writer..

We only have one home for all of humankind. Let's not ruin it. #SavePlanetEarth

there is nothing left-

• write about what the earth would say if it could speak.

I have given you my all,
My plains, my oceans, my rivers, my forests.
I have offered all I own.
I spin in endless circles,
Just for you to have the warming sun,
And calming night.
Is it not enough?
Must I give more than I have to offer?
Take my gold,
My jewels,
My metals.
Take the rich earth,
The golden sands,
The beige trees.
Take my animals,
The soaring birds,
The largest, swaying elephant,
To the tiniest, crawling insect.
It was mine,
Now it is yours.
Take it,
But pray,
Hurt me no more.
My breathing slows,
My heart hurts,
I age every day,
And my pain grows stronger every passing minute.
I have given you my all,
Yet you still want more.
I have nothing left.

• useless :)

re: dang. that's messed uppp
    and no problem :D

• useless :)

oh and this such a beautiful piece. it was so powerful while still being simplistic and it was all so true!

• useless :)

re: oh wow. that's terrible-
    i think he deleted the threat? but still, that's so wrong. what did he say to you? and did you report it? i hope it all got sorted out (and srry for all the questions lol)

• Awesome Sienna

Re: When will you be finished writing the next chapter of dangers from the deep?

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Yes! That would be fun!

• Odysseus

RE: Well, that’s really disappointing. Thank you so much for telling me!! Hopefully this all gets sorted out. :)

• Awesome Sienna

TYSM!

• Ramses IV

re: Thank you so much!

• V-Rose

Another re: 1) I just now saw that they liked it! and 2) Would you like to be updated when I write more of Moonburn?

• V-Rose

Re: Hey! I was a little confused by the comment you left on one of my pieces. Could you maybe clear up what you meant, please?

• Avril

This is beautiful. I want to do this prompt but I was finding it hard to write it in a way that didn't sound cliche, considering it's a topic we talk about so much! You made it so poetic though; it's perfect wow. "I age every day" - Love this line!
    Re: Thanks :)

• Odysseus

RE: What?? Wow, that's... really upsetting to hear. That comment really made my day. How do you know? Are all these other comments true?

• SamRose

Hey! Just wanted to let you know I reported Jacob Houston for that mean comment and a few other things he has done lately. *grimace* I just felt you should know, I tried to phrase it politely, hopefully they will talk to him and these problems will stop. Especially since the threatening comment was on your piece. So... yeah. XD

• barelybear

Re: oh wow I wouldn’t have expected that? You said you have evidence, so have you reported? Do you want me to report too? (Can I just check which song it was and who wrote the original lyrics if I do, to be sure? I’ve never reported before lel, so I don’t know what I would have to say) Also, I could bring it up on our CA chat if you wanted.
    It looks like he’s taken down the threat, which is good, and I really hope you are okay. (kudos to Beth r for stepping in to protect u while I was asleep lel). We are all here

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Hi! Um as your friend I think I’m inclined to tell you this....as you may know Jacob Houston has had a bit of a mass comment thing going on lately. The comment he first posted on your piece was unfortunately a mass comment, if you didn’t know already :( It’s sad he continues to do this but he is right on this piece! :) I’ve had words with him over mass comments appearing on mine and great writers like yours pieces and he promised to stop. Clearly this is not happening and I thought you deserved the right to know! Again he is right though on this piece :)
    Xo
    Delphi/DJ

• doodleninja

re: aw thanks so much for your compliments on my piece! <3
    and thx for the heads-up about that user, i'll definitely be more aware. it certainly wasn't kind for them to threaten you! :0

• Remaking_The_World

Beautiful piece!
    Re: Thank you! Also that's cool! :)

• beth r.

jacob we don't threaten around here. please be respectful to fellow users!

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Yep! Haha!
    This is so hearttouching and beautiful.

• SamRose

Re: Ya Ikr! It is super annoying. In the email they sent me, they were like, "There are easier ways to find pieces to review". I was like, "Did you even read the piece?" XD Anyway, nice! That's great. :)

Awwwww this was so sad!! "I spin in endless circles," was just inserted in there so beautifully and the title (and ending of the poem) is so tragic!! This was awesome and the way everything's in italics is so cool!!

• SamRose

Hey! I just had my Peer Review Club posts taken down for them being social posts. XD So, just wanted to let everyone know we will have to continue this in comments only. I will let you know your assigned pieces in comments only, and when/if you have questions, just leave me a comment! And you can let friends know about the club, and if they want to join, just have them let me know! :) I will send you a comment in a couple weeks when we do a new round of reviews, and you can just comment on one of my pieces with your pieces to review, you probably get the idea. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions!

• nolongeractive

Re: Thanks and I didn't repeat her songs and I don't really no what you mean ahah but its ok.

• nolongeractive

Re: Yes, it has the same name but it is a completely different song. But, if you dont mind, could u delete the comment just bc it makes me seem like a stole a song but i didnt haha i just used the name, and there are like ten songs i know called getaway car! thanls so much, and i hope i dont seem rude.

• Jason_claire :)

This is so sad and so true and I hate how it all goes down like this :(
    replying- Thank you

• nolongeractive

This piece is so incredible and the title immediately drew me in; your writing is always so special and different in the most astonishing ways. I am so obsessed with the story this piece tells; it is so amazing!

• Nikki

re: aww thank you! :)

• doodleninja

re: i hope you get that part! yeah, it's really interesting how girls are so much more inclined to play a male character, than the other way around. maybe it's a school play thing, because in all the ones i've watched there's always been an instance of girls playing boy characters XD

• Livsnjutare

re: Thank you so much!!
    This is such a beautiful poem!!

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Thank you so much for the review! I'll work on my rhyming words more :>

• beth r.

"Hurt me no more.
    My breathing slows,
    My heart hurts,
    I age every day,"
    the personification here is breathtaking. gorgeous and important piece!

• beth r.

re: thanks for all the support, love!
    re: 1.) SHUT UP HE'S SO LUCKYYYY
    2.) yes peter
    3.)lol i saw that
    4.) nu uh you are super funny!
    5.) ew math
    6.) hmmm the land of wAtTpAd
    7.) u and ur sis are angelic, can u send me the link to the op-ed piece? i'd love to read it :)