Parisienne

18
Scorpio
Daydreamer, writer, artist and traveller
Coffee addict
Dreaming of Paris

Happy Monday!!
Love you all xo

Love

10
Love will find a way
it'll sneak back into your life
inconveniently, messily
getting entangled in your own
web of being
maybe, it'll stroll into your job
or hand you your morning coffee
smile at you on a bus
or simply catch your eye
it will always come back
in a face that's familiar 
or in one belonging to a stranger
but it will be there
suddenly
a look of recognition
smiling
from someone else's eyes

• Dragonfly

Such a beautiful poem, it really made me smile! You're so good at writing in this uplifting way (and at writing in general :D)!
    re: Re: I’m glad you published it Becca! Personally, I always enjoy trying out new genres, even if that means that the result might not be as good (which doesn’t apply to in your case :)).
    Yes, I’ve been planning to do so. I am especially curious about John Green, because I’ve heard so many good things about his books. Yes! Though I have to admit, I do not like the main character. I could not exactly characterize Harry.. Apart from that the books are great though! Haha, yes, me too :).
    Yes, I suppose.. I’m not sure, if the underfloor heating would work, but as long as it’s fictional everything does :)
    Yes! I think the mere presence of books suffices. Even though I would not understand the books’ content, I think the fact that there’s so much knowledge stored in one place is fascinating enough :)
    Thank you! Oh, I think I would spend too much time complaining then, but thank you!
    Yes, I have that problem in school as well. Especially now, in spring, there’s always birds and squirrels outside the window and I prefer observing them to listening to the teachers :)
    Yes, I’m sure I will! Do you have already a plan for when you finished studying?
    No, don’t worry! I like hearing about your perspective an opinions, I’m simply a little unsure and don’t want to bore you (I don’t know, how I come to that conclusion, when I have a different opinion myself, but humans work in a strange way sometimes, I suppose).
    I’m sorry it took me so long to answer! (I had to prepare a presentation for Physics and did not want to stare at the computer screen anymore. I neglected my writing too, but I’ll try to change that now..).
    Have a wonderful day and take care!
    Malin <3

• katnissromanoff

Wow. I absolutely adore this piece. I love "in a face that's familiar/or in one belonging to a stranger". Amazing job :)

• Abrianna

This is so charming, I love the last line especially. <3
    Re: Thanks for the comment. I do hope I find what I'm looking for the problem is that I don't know what that is. Besides being in a beautiful place and working hard, or flying planes, or was it snow-crab fishing in Alaska, or maybe politics? That is how silly I am.. haha. However I have even more dreams the very secret ones I don't mention and I hope I will someday have someone to tell. But when I do tell people things not my dreams but my thoughts, I feel slightly like this, “And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter— they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long." -Sylvia Plath
    Well anyhow, sorry for this rambling comment..:)

• nolongeractive

I cannot get over how pretty this is and I am obsessed with how creative and emotional it is! You never fail to amaze me.

• barelybear

As always, this is incredible!! Love your writing so much, Becca!
    Re: Yessss! Okay I’ll put you in mine straight away :D
    And thank you for making my Monday! Definitely cheers me up after a surprise French listening lmaooo. It’s lucky I’m oh so dedicated to my French études.... :p
    Hope you have a great evening, fellow potato person <3
    Ellie

• JonesyL123

re: I freaking LOVE turtles all the way down, it's an emotional rollercoaster and obviously the fault in our stars it's soooo good.
    I'm actually from the (sometimes) beautiful city of Bristol, (as in pulling down statues hehe,) I've been to devon a couple times, mostly for the bodyboarding as you do.
    Have a good day,
    Lucy <3

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much!

Wow, Becca, I love this!! It's so simple and adorably sweet! "entangled in your own
    web of being"- just perfect!!!! And this piece is just soo beautiful- saying how love could be anywhere!! And the ending, "smiling from someone else's eyes" omg ahhhh!! RE: Omg awwww thank you so much!! You're so absolutely sweet!!! And aww yes, it was so amazing!! And that's what this site is for- right? Trying out new writing styles and discovering what works, what doesn't, what we like, etc! :) Hahah, nooo, it's so awesome when you type "with an accent"! There's just some words that are so perfectly British and nobody says them here! And I miss them from growing up on British authors like Enid Blyton (malory towers and famous five were my childhood- as I'm still in my childhood lol but like younger childhood!!) Hahah loll- I drink tea like every day too (cause my parents do lol) Hahahah, lolll, no, my grandparents (who we stay with when we're there) actually live in London (non-downtown but still quite busy) so there's not much chance to say things like that! Although I do love the English countryside!
    And yes! haha, it is absolutely amazing- you have to come! Be warned though- if you come in the winter- it is very cold! And haha, it was an amazing book but to be honest, I couldn't read it until I was in like grade 8! I got too bored at the beginning with the massive descriptions when I tried to read it in grade 6! And then in grade 8 I was enchanted by the same descriptions! That's awesome your sister has though!
    And ooh ok! Hahaha- grandmothers are always the "poshest"!
    Oooh thank you so much! I just searched it up and wow! It's so beautiful! And ooh thank you so much for those great tips! I will definitely make my mum take me there! We mainly always go to attractions more geared towards kids (because of all my cousins) like parks and hiking! But now, I am old enough to actually appreciate the fine things like art (the last time I went was two years ago, going into grade 9 and wow, have I matured a lot since high school! in terms of like liking art and literature and things like that! as I say things like that I realize I still have a long way to go XD)
    Oooh awesome! We went once to the countryside and it was my absolute favorite trip! It's soo beautiful! And we got to go to this little tea shop and OMG I have never felt more posh! That was the first time I'd actually eaten a scone (I knooow! I can't believe it either- I'd eaten just about every British thing- hate marzipan btw XD- but never a scone) and it was soo delicious! Especially with the clotted cream!
    And HAHA- loll my mum doesn't have a "private school accent" either- I'm just so used to seeing it in t.v. shows that whenever I do a fake accent, I sound like it! Even though I am never around people with accents like that!
    Aww, thank you!! You too!
    Also ok, I know you really want to go to Paris (as evident in your bio XD) what would be the first 3 things you do when you go there one day?
    Nyla <3

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you!

• thea_ivy

This is beautiful and so true, exactly what we need to remember!