Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

Hey everyone! Sorry about the unannounced hiatus. I didn't mean to go away; I was stolen by the ways of life. But I'm back now! :)

Hope you have an awesome day/night! <3<3<3

Finale

PROMPT: Sijo

9
I often wonder how the stars would end my final chapter;
the peonies leave, bobbing their heads to the sunlit meadows.
I will end like them, with a story for the butterflies to tell.

• April 27, 2021 - 10:31am (Now Viewing)

• Zirong

"a story for the butterflies to tell" - aww short and sweet, this is perfect! *busy picking my favourite line but failed because I love them all :D* I miss you and your stunning pieces so much my sis!!! <333

P.S. I also published a piece titled "Finale" on this site but it was a long time ago haha(no wonder we are twin sisters :3)

re: WOW I was beyond excited when seeing all the comments and likes from you in Notifications!!! YOU'RE BACK AHHHHH! MISS U SO MUCH!!!!!

Gonna reply to your comments one by one :3

"The Smiling Child" -- awww your kind words make me smile :) I am not confident in my fiction pieces at all coz I always think they are either not clear or nuanced enough *sigh* I'm considering whether I should write a sequel haha -- sometimes it's better to just end a story there and leave all the imagination work to readers :D Actually I read your email the day you sent it to me haha(it made my day aww so happy to receive it) but then many random stuff got in my way of replying :'' Will reply sometime next week! :)

"Interlude" -- aww it melts my heart that you remember this piece so well *hug hug* Haha it's okay, sometimes I review but forget to like a piece as well :D Love u so much!

"Why Write?" -- awww I wanna cry... I was really hesitant about publishing this since it is my very first attempt at spoken word poetry and I thought it may just be completely off the point :'' I'm so happy it works!!! This piece was actually a draft for my TEDx selection, but the selection was cancelled due to the rise of covid cases here in Singapore *sigh* I'm not sure whether school will close soon. Hope you are doing well! Do take good care of yourself!

"The Food I Miss" -- thank you so much for all the heart-warming words *hug* My A levels end at the end of November and I'll likely be back in December! I'll probably be insanely busy writing my personal statements for university application while tasting pork ribs at that time though XD How much I wish my ED/REA application can be successful so that I can focus on enjoying the pork ribs!

"My Favourite Artist" -- ooo artist recommendation!!! Here I am XD! Personally I really love the art pieces by Banksy, Monet, Dalí and Kandinsky. Their works are of completely different styles but the same straight-to-the-heart charm(aha this is weird but I hope you get the idea XD) There are a lot of good art websites(personal favourites: Artsy and Pinterest. Do check them out!) so you don't need to visit art museums(though the experience is definitely better -- I really love art galleries/museums!) A lot of famous art museums are located in the US. I hope we can visit them together some day :)

"She" -- I'm very proud of the last line haha! And I'm so happy that you like it as well! "She" likely portrays not only myself, but many writers on this site :D

"The Game of Survival" -- ooo thank you so much for your sweet words my sis! I really miss you too!

Oooh there's another new piece by my sis and I can't wait to read it! Sending tons of love to you!!! <333

• The Secret Society of Purple Iguanas of Death Online

Oooooh, I love the peony line <3
    Thank you for your comment on my piece! The name is an inside joke with my friend Rebecca and I got bored and changed my username from “the rain glows too” to “arabella longaker” to the current one. I’m glad it made you smile :)

• ~rain~

beautiful... just beautiful.

• remi'sgotinkstains

OMG this is soooooo goood!!!!!! "with a story for the butterflies to tell"
    Wow, Starlitskies, I myself am IN LOVE with butterflies so I just love that line. Plus I really enjoy reading just snippets of poetry like this one. The Yellow Sweater is also a master at it. Love it so much!!!

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

I was so scared when I saw the title
    I was like "NOOOOO DID SHE LEAVE ROSI JUST LEFT AND NOW STELLA NOOOOOOOO"
    also can I call you Stella

:O <3

Re: Aww thank you!!! I'm smiling so much rn.
    You're welcome! And yes u know I'm all for breaks lol. I'm doing pretty well, thanks. I hope you're managing too.

• useless :)

wow! this is stunning, and the simplicity of this is absolutely perfect. you were able to convey so much in so little. i wanted to quote my favorite line but this is short haha so i'd pretty much be quoting the whole poem, i just love this! the ending ties the two previous lines together so well too :)
    re: thank you so much for the kind comment! it means a lot. haha i've kind of been in an off and on hiatus too, i don't think it's writer's block so much anymore as just a very pessimistic mindset about my work that i'm trying to get rid of. i did manage to get an idea for a short/story/mini novel idk which yet lol, but i'm happy i can focus on something, even if i'm not sure if i'll be posting any of it. or maybe it'll die out in a couple days, but i like the start :)
    i'm so glad you're back! aw thank you! that's actually a great way to think about it, thanks :)
    i need to replace that mindset with my current one ahah. i'm doing okay overall...is it just me or has this year gone by so fast so far? we're already practically in may. but anyways, mostly just the same old stuff. i'm starting to really dislike online school, i got bored a little bit into the school year and i'm having trouble focusing, but i'll manage. and then we have high school...not exactly sure how i feel about it but i'm still excited :D
    and no problem! how are you doing?