Yellow Sweater

(Formerly Zinniav)

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

I am primarily a poet, though I occasionally wade into prose and nearly always drown myself.

Listening to: Belle and Sebastian, Kings of Convenience, Jose Gonzales, Simon and Garfunkel, The Gentle Good

Reading: Albert Camus, Italo Calino, Robert Kaplan, Annie Dillard, Garcia Lorca, Hafiz, Ocean Vuong , Patrick Rothfuss, Teju Cole

Watching: Derry Girls, Madam Secretary, The Durells in Corfu, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

If you would like a review, just ask!

I am always looking for good new books to read. Suggestions are welcome!

Please, please, feel free to start up a conversation or debate in the comment section of any of my pieces. There is nothing I like more than intellectual discussion.

Scribbling

PROMPT: Sijo

24
I scribbled a sunflower and pretended it was the sun. 
That is what it takes to fabricate an authentic smile. 
Life is made of careless lines, spiders and spirals and sorrow. 

1

• ~madeline~

ok wow this is just... like wow. it's so perfect!!

• Awesome Sienna

Beautiful!

• Anlee

Wow... took my breath away. Every single word punches so much meaning and I'm honestly breathless at how amazing this sijo is <33

• anne_shirley04

I love this poem. It is so short and quirky, but it means a whole lot and is deeper than it looks. There is a lot behind every smile, and I feel like you as a writer recognised that in your piece.

I love this! All your poetry really makes one think and I love how you always relate it to things- like "that's what it takes to fabricate a smile" wow!! Also ooh, I've been reading up on Lorca and wow- he is awesome!! He's even so famous as to get "assassinated"! and I'm ordering a collection of his poetry by W.S. Merwin (thank you so much for letting me know the translator as well) tonight!! :) After I read all the things you recommended- I swear I'm going to be too smart for my school lol

Awesome!!

• Ava Marie

This is so beautiful and perfect. You are so talented!!