Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

there were constellations in your eyes;
those downtrodden lifeless eyes held shooting stars
and i watched them fly across gray irises
bursting into light never before seen
and how could i not be enchanted?

1. 16. 21

the night we met #hbdAthena

10

you were a beauty that came only once a lifetime
and i found you tucked between pages of prose and poetry, 
watching petals bloom from ink splattered words. 
the night we met, you stained my heart midnight with the ink 
of your words, and i remember how my heart beat with the 
touch of you. there's a place in that beating heart, that beats 
for only you, overrun with pink petals and majestic greens. 

and i was in awe of you, the way you stained hearts with the 
engraving of your words; how you took my hand that night, and 
transformed the dark of my bedroom into something magical. 
we flew upon the wings of icarus, tasting the sweet addiction 
of freedom, as we grazed the sun with our bare fingertips. 
you led the way, and i simply followed, until one day, i found 
myself flying side by side with you, taking your hand once more. 

somehow, you remind me of a long ago friend. you remind me of 
something that i have never known, and the thought of you rekindles 
the beating of this heart. it's almost as if i've known you for longer 
than just the couple of months we've chatted, because with you, it's 
comfortable, with you, it's like i've always loved you. 

i wish you knew just how much i love you, my dear. i wish you knew 
how i stored our interactions in that blooming garden where you once
stained my heart midnight. i wish you knew that on the night we met, 
there was something that pulled me towards you. you are my sweetie,
my dearie, my hon, my dearest Athena, and i could not wish for anyone
else to be able to call my friend. 

happy birthday Athena.
Do you know how much I love you hon? You're a gift, and oh my gosh am I so lucky to have gotten to know you. If I could, I'd give you more, but for now, I gift you these ink splattered lines and I wish upon you the happiest of birthdays. 

• BriRiley

Wow.... beautiful!! I love how you are like telling this in a dreamy way, and you described everything so perfectly!! I love description in piece, and you hit a home run with this!

oh wow. okay so first off i know i disappeared for a little while there (it was a stressful week and i dont know) but gosh am i glad i read this...
    "tasting the sweet addiction
    myself flying side by side with you, taking your hand once more. "
    "you remind me of
    something that i have never known"
    for some reason these bits just makes me so happy! the imagery here is stunning like always and im just blown away by everything you write and i know im super late but athena wherever you areeee tuffy happy birthday! and wisp... your relationship with athena is wonder-ful! okay okay okay.
    re: thank you for replying and all and everything and i just smile every time i see ur username in the notifs. you always brighten up my day. thank you, wisp. (also i love your new profile picture).
    <3<3<3

oh my gosh. the flow of this piece is magnificent. emotions made so vivid by the imagery and diction.
    "somehow, you remind me of a long ago friend. you remind me of
    the beating of this heart" these lines are incredubly genius and have this energetic aura to them.
    "tasting the sweet addiction
    of freedom, as we grazed the sun with our bare fingertips." your imagery is flawless,you don't just paint pretty pictures,they're embedded with gems of feelings and memories. "i wish you knew
    stained my heart midnight." ah this is gorgeous,it's so revealing and intimate.and the words midnight and garden flowing together paint a depth to it, a beauty and something almost magical about the experience.gorgeous writing,wisp.your talent shines<3

• rwong

i've literally had this pulled up for a week meaning to give write a proper comment, but danngggg i really forgot how beautiful this piece is and i was gonna choose a favorite line but i dont think copy and pasting the entire poem into this comment will look very good. but WOW this is beautiful and such a gorgeous tribute to them and their birthday and asdl;kfjas;ldkfj yea im assuming this comment didnt make any sense but i really love this. hope you're doing well!! <3 <3

oh my GOODNESS WISP... O-O this is literally so insane and good and i think it blew my mind so excuse my incoherent comment-

AHHHHH wow and they deserve this too this is so perfect!!!

re: thank you!! i'm really really glad you liked it :) i'm a little nervous about posting this weeks because i don't think it's quite as good or polished sooooo.... yeah anyways i miss talking to you!! i've been so busy lately and with the lent thing i'm just never on here so... hi :) i think about you often!! hope your day is going wonderfully, i've been doing well! it's looking like spring here -- we had a few days of gorgeous rain and now the trees are budding and the grass is getting green again and ahhhh it's wonderful :) love you my dearest constant!! <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh my word, i’m so glad you like it! i kind of look back on it now more fondly than i did when i first wrote it for sure.
    it always amazes me how big of a role religion plays in people’s lives. like, even those who are not religious are probably affected by it in some way. it’s such a universal cultural thing.

• psithurism

I don't even know what to say, this piece is breathtaking! "tasting the sweet addiction
    of freedom, as we grazed the sun with our bare fingertips." Holy guacamole.

• nolongeractive

I am so in love with this piece and it is absolutely stunning in every way. I love the story so much and I cannot get over your talent. Also, the last couple lines of this piece really just knocked the wind out of me and I cannot believe how beautiful this piece is and how the metaphors bring the images to life! You are amazing.

• crystalline•galaxies

what the heck, wisp?? when i saw that you had liked and commented on my pieces, i was already super excited, and then i saw that you had written this and i nearly passed out. i love the greek mythology references by the way. also the footnotes are so sweet. ok fine, the whole thing is absolutely perfect. i'm so lucky to have you in my life, really. not sure what else to say now, just... yeah. thank you. you've helped make this birthday the best one so far.

re: aaaahhhh thank you for the comment on the first piece! sometimes i still think about that day and go nearly insane with how romantic it was. i'm not sure what i did to deserve my s/o. he's absolutely lovely.
    i kind of get what you're saying about religion. sometimes i feel like religion tries to dumb down the divine and make it more tangible for humans, and in all honestly, i don't know if it's possible for us to know what's out there. it's a beautiful thing, though, when so many people can come together over a mutual feeling and respect for someone like that in worship and praise. it's easy to lose sight of the reasons behind why we do things (in general, not just religion), and sometimes i think that it's best to go back to the whole root of it all and remind ourselves of why we started doing a certain thing in the first place.

WHAT OMIGOSH THIS IS GORGEOUS