SamRose

15
Ravenclaw
LDS
Fairykind
Homeschooler
Artist (trying to be)
Writer/Aspiring Author
Bookworm
Siberian Husky Owner (Sky)
Parakeet Owner (Haven)
Horseback Rider
Daughter of Athena
Team Leo (Lol)
Joined 11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to read my work!

Currently working on two series:
*Kingdom on a Cloud
*The Other Side (collab w/VirginaTechGirl101)
Read them PLEASE! XD

Talk to me about Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Beyonders, Five Kingdoms, Anne of Green Gables, :)

After you're done here, go read my real-life friend BriRiley's writing! And my WtW friends Ava Marie and VirginiaTechGirl101! They are all super talented. :)

Proud member and Co-President of the Cult of the Crunch (ask (sk)eyesofocher for more info)

Don't hesitate to ask if you want a review, comment, whatever! I love getting to know all the awesome writers on here, and helping you any way I can!

Want to collab? Just let me know! I'd love to! :)

Writer's Block in Haiku Form (I Need Help)

14
I have writer's block
A truly terrible disease
Someone help me, please?
Anyone have any cures for writer's block? My novel, Kingdom on a Cloud, has gotten like 5 paragraphs longer the entire month of March. I really need help XD

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Oh no! D: Thanks for letting me know! I’ll be sure to keep in touch in case I have any questions or anything. :) If you ever need assistance, just let me know!

• BriRiley

Re: Thanks! And that has happened to me once, when I wanted to know about how to publish stuff XD

• Jason_claire :)

Bravo bravo. That was a wonderfully written 17 syllables. Truthfully, I have the same issue with my story. It kind of works in spurts.
    replying- Hahaha, yeah, I am in no way tall. What's it like up there?

• serein

ARGH I get writer's block too often so I know exactly how annoying that can be.
    Unfortunately even though I'm the queen of writer's block I'm so bad at finding ways to get rid of it--I just either write about it or wait it out miserably.
    aaah I'm sorry I feel your pain!!!!

honestly...dont be afraid to put the story aside for a while and take a break. focusing to much and searching for ideas can make a story seem forced. its not bad to take your time and wait for the story to come to you. try working on other things or not worrying bout it and then come back with fresh eyes.

Hmmm....listen to music. That helps me. And read more books. That can be inspiring. Or watch epic movies!

• al3xandra_9219

Re: Thanks for recommending me to come here! Some great ideas, thanks :)

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Lol

• BriRiley

Re: There are some good ideas here! I knew a lot of them from AuthorTube it’s just really hard to get your self motivated, so I like to make summaries of the entire book, or the characters. But thanks for telling me about all these tips XD I’ll try them and then maybe I’ll Finnish my book XD

• Yes_iKnowimShort

re: Omg wow. Usually its just the mailman but once it was some random dude who I think was selling something??? I was terrified.

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much, it means a lot. You are such at talented writer!! Also, I know exactly how you feel with the whole writers block situation, it happens to me almost every time I sit down to write. I'm going to try to get that review sent in tonight, but I have to get ready for bed now and am not sure if I'll be able to. It will be send in tomorrow at the latest though. Thanks again!!

Re: Thanks and np :)

Honestly, I can get tired of my stories too. Sometimes I just force myself to write, and then I start getting ideas and it's more interesting. (i love this haiku lol)

• happygiggles

I find reading helps a lot! Maybe try even reading it writing in a genre you normally wouldn’t?

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

brush I feel the same way with mine, petals of power. im so stuck and honestly might just leave it where it is because I'm so lost. I started a prequel but again, am stuck so may just leave it. I have an idea for another universe but I'm scared that ill get stuck again
    same thing goes with music for me recently, I'm working on a sonata and the third movement is finished, the second is coming along, but the first is going soooooo slowly.
    take your time, don't worry about it, something will come to your mind :D

• Minvra

Re: Glad I can help a little. I think there's other recommendations as well lol, Feel free to concoct your own antidote

• V-Rose

My recommendation is to stop trying to write whatever you can't seem to write right now. Take a little time away from it. Not long, and you can still try to write. But maybe find a prompt or something you like a write a short story. And maybe just read for a while. I find that if I take my mind off of the troublesome writer's block-er then I slowly figure out what to write. That's really the only advice I have. I hope it helps!

• AJ - Izzy

Hmm I will also have to think... my brain's a bit jumbled, I see I am not the only one XD
    You couuuuuld possibly try writing about something small, if no one's mentioned this... take, for example, a pencil, you could write every tiny little detail you possibly can about it, no matter how insignificant; it's smell, the texture, the colour, what it would taste like if you ate it (but please don't eat it), how effective it would be as a weapon (I give terrible advice), maybe what it's attitude would be if it was alive. Weird things like that sometimes help me! Also looking to things that inspire you is a good idea as well, whether that be a person or a place that gives you comfort, maybe giving them/it a visit might help.
    I hope you find a cure! :)

• Livsnjutare

Hmmmm *thinking deeply*
    Well, I have a mild case of writers block also, so I might not be that helpful. But I will try!
    Maybe instead of making something up completely, you could think about a moment in your life. But instead of writing it exactly as it happened you could exaggerate, or make something else take place. Just have fun writing it! Don't think about the small details.
    That's just an idea, you can make it as weird as you want!
    . . . Well I hope I was a bit helpful! Of course you don't have to do that XD. It was just an idea that may or may not help cure the terrible disease.

• Minvra

I suggest. You dump whatever thoughts you have on paper. No typing. If you can't think, list whatever you feel in bullet points.
    "I feel empty. I'm tired. I'm stressed. Why am I doing this? Why am I talking to myself? Well at leas5 no one will see this."
    If it's really bad, instead of writing a novel, you can just write short stories about the novel. I heard some authors do that. Short stories could help you discover your characters(they're usually about two characters in one), and if you think the story is bad, then it's short. Best complete it than not complete. You can use short stories to try to write outlines too.

• BriRiley

Haha ikr! I haven’t written anything in my book for a week!

• al3xandra_9219

I love this. I need help, too <3