barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
They tell me I’m 16 but I’m sceptical
the squirrel is back!!

Soooo does this actually work as a prologue, first of all?

And are the two paragraphs disjointed? Like maybe I should just have chosen one route and developed it? And the other one would have worked better as a first paragraph....?

Anyways, thanks for reading! I’ll appreciate any feedback!
And if you want a review, tell me!! I need more! *cookie monster moment*

dead meat (prologue) - continuation of daffodil’s blurb

6
Children didn’t play on Mercy Street. Birds didn’t hum their drunken melodies. Starlight didn’t dare rest on the cobbled streets, so all light came from a quivering, retreating sun. Red and oozing from behind knots of clouds, the spill cast St. Elijah’s hospital in macabre shadow. 

Andrew Livingston had always thought that hospitals reeked of death: the clinging scent of a slow decay and an even slower passing. But that didn’t bother him. The natural cycle of life, clumsily covered in peeling layers of antiseptic, held some kind of satisfying appeal to a man numbed into routine by the scythe itself. In any case, at least the company in the basement was cheerier than his neighbours. 

Yes! Read it! 
daffodil {formerly rosi willard}’s blurb
​Yes! Read it! *warning* fast consumption of her words may lead to jaw-dropping or severe eye-bulging. Click the link to discover her talent at your own risk :p 
If you want to continue the series, head on over, comment and have a go :D 

• bhumi

the piece is really good! I read your bio and then realized, I'm an INFJ-A too and I play the piano and I want to be fluent in French! :)

Gorgeous!

Wow, you had great tragic imagery in here! I just read Rosi's blurb and oh my, you did a prologue to it perfectly! The two flow together so well!! RE: Haha and awww thank you!!! I’m so glad you liked it! It was super fun to write! And yes, ahh bus rides are the best- only in London of course! And HAHA, excuse me, “wellies” is the most hilarious word ever! I mean, it just sounds ridiculous!

• JonesyL123

re: Thank you, I'll try that!

• JonesyL123

re: Thank you so much! I was thinking of doing a more continuous piece with that one though I'm suffering from a bit of writer's block atm.
    Have a good weekend,
    Lucy <3

• JonesyL123

This is truly marvellous! The beginning is so intriguing, I was hooked in from the first sentence. I think that the two paragraphs work just fine, it gave the piece more descriptive context. This is so wonderfully written!
    Lucy :)