Nyla

15

Another blurb of my thoughts- all my pieces are just a stream of unfiltered consciousness lol
Genuinely curious, how long does it take you to write a poem? Cause I know this is probably terrible but I never draft poems, like they just flow. idk- are you guys the same or am I just weird?

Sight

14
When the sun meets the sky
And I see a little dove fly
I know there’s something greater

When the ocean unleashes it’s wrath
And paves the stones a new path
I know there’s something more

When the mountains touch the stars
And the red soil is so beautiful on Mars
I know there’s something majestic

So how do you not see it?

• Ava Marie

Re: Thanks! It was really fun to write

• Ellington Stone

Re: Aww, thanks!! That means so much :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: again, thank you! I’m really excited to see some more of your writing style! :)
    haha, wow, sounds like you are still more athletic than me! XD Okay, sounds good about the shows; thanks for suggesting them! I love funny shows. Ooh, that sounds really good right now!! XD Okay, so another question for you: what is your favorite color?

• Kasilee

There are so many beautiful things in the world if only we allow ourselves to see it, if only we allow ourselves to be it. Amazing writing!!! :)

• Livsnjutare

This is very beautiful!! What a lovely poem!
    re: awww! Thank you so much!! That means a lot! Is there anything that you would like me to review of yours?

• BriRiley

And this is so inspirational! It makes everything seem that better!

• BriRiley

Re: Thx! What would you like me to review? :D

• Nikki

oh this is lovely! also... it would tots work as a song. do you also feel like that?
    re: HIIIIIIII! its so nice to talk to you! this is to response from your comment on my poemmmmm <3
    Thank you so muchhhh! aah that was such a nice interpretation to it :). also thank you for explaining the meaning of your piece too! lol it takes me a while to get some stuff XD
    also... that is so cool! for me its more like i recognize what im feeling... and i immediately open my laptop and begin writing!

in response to your message box, dont worry at all! even i never draft my poems. maybe cuz i dont take my poems as seriously... i see them as a more easy-going piece (?) but i totally draft my longer pieces XD

eeee! I totally cant wait to talk to you on hangouts. but... my dad is just in the process of making an email id for me. so the second i get one, im gonna text you.
    is it just me or do you think we should sooooo google meet! it would be a blast. when does your spring break begin? lets do it thennnnn
    okay i am going to stop making plans before i scare you away XD also... sorry for the late response.
    sending you lots of love!

• Jason_claire :)

replying- Why, thank you so much. Sadly, it is true, and the problem is, she's acting like nothing happened and we're still best friends. The funny thing is, the girl in our old friend group who she despises is my best friend now. Yeah, I really like when I can get in phrases like that, it's how I ant to write all the time, but I guess more practice is how I get there. Smile, you're welcome :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow, this is beautiful! Incredible imagery and rhymes here! I love the overall message.
    Re: aww, thank you so much! Yes, the peer review summit!! I was there; although you may not have been able to see me, it was so dark in the room I was in, lol. Half my face was shadowy.... XD
    Okay, that’s so cool! Ooh, what do you like to bake? Hmm.. my favorite fictional books are the Lord of the Rings and the Hunger Games series. How about you? Also, who is your favorite musician?

• nolongeractive

Re: Thank you so much!! You are so kind, and that is totally ok, I would love to help you!

• Ramses IV

re: I'm doing great, but thank you so much!

ooh pretty piece!
    hey! welcome to write the world:)) i hope you love it here.it's a very supportive and fun community.if you ever need help or want to reach out,don't be shy to drop a comment on one of my pieces.have fun,and i hope you feel at home soon<3:)
    ps. anne told me that you wanted to find some people your own age and she mentioned to come look me up.i figured that maybe it'd be better if i welcomed you! i know i was very scared of everyone when i first arrived lol

• nolongeractive

Re: OMG THANK U SO MUCH I LOVE YOU! I love reading your work and it makes my day every time, you are amazing!

• Jason_claire :)

This is so beautiful and flowing! The words hold hands and the story tickles the reader's cheek. Amazing :)
    replying- Once again, thank you so much for reading my pieces! Yeah, I suppose they do :) That's true, it's kind of like a semi-blank canvas with someone's work, and you have to fill in the rest.

• McK13

Wonderfully written!! I can totally relate because I always feel like there has to be something more and beautiful even though I have no clue what it is lol. But really, this piece brings such curiosity and wonder that I love! And somehow it feels so deep and meaningful yet really lighthearted and cheerful (which is amazing)!! For me, each poem's process to becoming a poem is different. Sometimes I write a poem in 20 minutes and I like it a lot but other times I write/edit the same poem for several days. Usually, the ones that are really special to me take longer while the ones that were inspired from random ideas of mine are quick. Re: Yes, me too, I hope everything gets updated for everyone to feel like they belong! Quick side-note: in case you didn't read the message on 50/50, I wanted to just clarify that there wasn't an actual person who had that conversation with me. What happened was that I was taking a digital survey that only let me choose one option for race/ethnicity so I decided to write a poem about it because I was angry at myself for choosing "Other". So, I kind of made the survey, the lady behind the desk in the poem for it to make more sense yet still have the same emotion. I hope that makes sense lol! Anyways, thank you so much! My favorite part was definitely the ending too :) Aww, I'm so happy that I encourage you, well you encourage me just as much, probably even more, so thank you!! You are such a tremendously kind and uplifting person who is so talented at writing, making me so thrilled to have discovered you and your writing on WTW!!!! Omg yessss, my whole family is so competitive so when we have game night, our house is really loud and afterward, we're all exhausted lol. Okay, I will definitely start watching it!! Oh, just to keep it private, I won't say his age but he's older than me by a lot so it's cool that he watches it. Bummer, Covid is ruining so many things, hopefully, life starts going back to normal soon! Making the sets was difficult because everyone who signed up to build them was new except for one person so most of us didn't know what we were doing but painting was really fun! And once it was done and the show actually happened, we were all pretty excited that we got to be a part of it lol :) Well, that's awesome that you got to be a part of the improv team last year! Was it fun? I know, right, I really love spoken word!!! A lot of my friends/peers think that it makes no sense since according to them it's just "talking fast" but obviously they don't pay attention and listen close enough lol. yes, our messages are getting so longgggg :) For the three wishes, unlimited money would definitely be one of mine! Another wish would probably be to have a beautiful singing voice like Alicia Keys or Lady Gaga and be musically talented so I could actually write and perform songs. Also, I would probably want a voice that could change genres so I could sing pop, R&B, country, etc. Lastly, I would keep it vague so it could apply to many things, maybe like the ability to solve any problem. I don't know if I was asking for realistic or fantastical wishes but if it were to be the latter, I'd probably keep it vague again and do something like being capable of any superpower whenever I want that superpower lol!

Re: Omigosh ah you're too kind! Thank you!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: I am so flattered by your kind comments. They made my day:) I have read Life of Pi. It's wonderful! I actually think it was a major influence on my writing. I would love to review your piece. I'll start write now!

Oh, as for the useless thing. I was mostly just poking fun at myself. But thank you anyway:)

• ~wildflower~

Beautiful! I love this!

• nolongeractive

I really liked how you brought the emotions in this piece to life. Poems are a hard thing to write since they involve so much emotion and has to come through to others when they're reading it, but you manage to capture that. Your title definitely caught my eye as well and I love the overall vibe and ambiance of this piece, it's joyful and uplifting and has a little light to it. Very much enjoyed this.