happy butterfly

South Africa

15
poet
pisces
swimmer
swiftie
wtw sister to anne blackwood

and what i really intended to say in the end remains unsaid - franz kafka

the end

9

please speak
i'm tired of only assuming the best or worst.
your indifference decorates my dearest moments,
red water flows through you and the ribbon i tie in my hair.
i used to be able to, but now i struggle to make it sound beautiful.
i wanna tell you everything i hate about you
and i want you to care
can't apologies be comfortable?
change feels impossible now
so much further than the end, and it hurts
even more because inspite of your carelessness,
i find hope in hell
when's the last time you thought of me, just because?
let me fall apart right in front of you,
you can kill whats left of me
but atleast i know.
the truth is, you've tired me and my love.
my sensitivity has never felt so much like a burden,
you didn't even care to remember it's my birthday,
or atleast you didn't wish me what i would've
20.03.2021 was a happy day,this piece makes it seem that it wasn't.check my bio if you want;)

• V-Rose

Here's a chapter for Death's Tales!

• spectral

re: oh wait crap i forgot i do; 'the end poem' by julian gough (the one i recc after like half of my pieces), an untitled piece i found on tumblr (search "The old gods are dead L.D" on google and its the first tumblr link that comes up)

• spectral

re: honestly not really lol i should read more poetry

Re: I'm not sure. I really really want to dance with him, but idk yet if it's a good idea. I definitely need to keep praying about it. I trust that God will help me make the right decision. Thanks for your thoughts! Oh important clarification: the slow dance was not an ultimatum or anything; it was just a part of the conversation.

Re: Thanks! Also. Um. Help. I'm trying to get MB to go with me to prom as a friend and he agreed but said "Lol fine but I got one slow dance with you" WHAT DO I DO. I argued that everyone would gossip and I probably wouldn't even be able to reach him (he's 6'2") and then said I'd think about it.

Re: Np!

Happy birthday!

• V-Rose

Hey! I'm back! And with another chapter for Never Really Real!

• V-Rose

This is the link that will take you to the latest chapter of Never Really Real!

• spectral

why is everyone older than me smh life simply isn't fair

• spectral

HAPPY BIRTHDAYY

Re: Oh what a nice thought! I saw your precious message to her.

Wow! You are an amazing writer!! I love your language! "your indifference decorates my dearest moments" was so beautiful and "i find hope in hell" was so powerful! Amazing! RE: Awww thank you so much! And haha yeah- it is a bit scary lol- especially since I only started creative writing (outside of school) like 2 months ago! But I really look forward to growing here and making friends (I hope we can become friends :))! In fact, I think my writing has already improved! Also, Anne told me you just turned 15- so happy belated birthday!!

re: thank you my sweet little sis!! your comments NEVER failed to make me smile, i swear, you were far kinder to me about my writing than i deserved. i'll check in every now and then to drop a comment or so, so i hope this isn't a final goodbye!! xx love you so much!

P. S. I've sent a sweet bean named Nyla your way who wanted to find more WtWers who are 15 (her age).

Re: YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Oh a half birthday is just six months after/before your regular one. I only know it because it's my dad's actual birthday.

Re: Haha yeah he's really sweet and complicated but he's doing his best. Ack no you can't ship it though we could never dateee.
    You're welcome!
    Oh no! I missed something! Shoot! (/embarrassed) Happy birthday Anisa!!! Wow, your birthday is a day before my dad's and also a day before my half birthday.

sometimes you gotta write out the unhappy moments to cope, which (as you said) makes it look like it was ALL unhappy, but really the happy parts are what matter :) /lh /gen
    and happy birthday [/gen]!!! you're so olddd [/s]..... so so so sorry that i missed it :/ but... yay!! :D love you my dear! /gen /lh

"i used to be able to, but now i struggle to make it sound beautiful."
    Ooh I feel that. Nice.
    "my sensitivity has never felt so much like a burden,"
    Oh. Oh that hurts. *flashbacks*

• Busssy.Beee

re: :) hope you're well!

• Busssy.Beee

ah! happy birthday, Vi! wishing you the best for the years to come! cheers!

and gosh, this piece captures the sense of longing in such a delicate way. you've captured the feel of begging in your lines, and I can't help but swoon over your words. and the little details such as the part about the ribbon, just make this piece ever so much lovelier than it already is! the italicized lines alone also portray such a heart-wrenching emotion, it spins just so much feel. my heart felt like it kept dropping towards the end, "the truth is, you've tired me and my love. my sensitivity has never felt so much like a burden," gosh, that could've not hit harder! <3

• rwong

omygoodness your footnotes and bio!!! was it your birthday?? cause if so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ok ok and this piece...aw im so sorry if someone forgot your birthday; it happened to me before too and it doesnt feel v good. but on another note, the line "red water flows through you and the ribbon i tie in my hair." just a;sljkdf;k its so beautiful ahhhh anyway happy happy birthday!! (late? maybe bc timezones lol)
    oh and re: thank you so much for your comment on my piece, it really made my day :) sending love <3 <3