Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Ramblings from my notes app: I've never wanted to kiss someone more. And also scream at him. But if he held me for eternity, that'd be cool. Except I never want to see him again.

*overly chipper voice* This is fine! /s

Update: The two of us just had an honest conversation about all this stuff, and I even sent him this poem. He was so empathetic and kind and idk how to feel ugh. I think he's a keeper (/p) ...I hope. /conflicted

fool's alchemy (update in message board)

17

i want an eternity in your arms
miles away from your hurt

my voice fills with empty promises
a scream is released
but only silence is received

you've lost yourself
in eyes of gold
but you don't know pyrite
from something actually real

this heart is never leaving you
even if you break me
some part of you holds onto that hope

you think you really care
but that's a lie you've told yourself

sometimes we have raw vulnerability
and there's nothing more beautiful
yet i can't stop this facade
from burning us to the ground
Alchemy: "a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold" (source: merriam webster dictionary)
"'Fool's gold' is a common nickname for pyrite. Pyrite received that nickname because it is worth virtually nothing, but has an appearance that 'fools' people into believing that it is gold." (source: geology.com)

I wrote this late last night.

This morning, I've been listening to the produced version of Fool's Gold by Caroline Kole (from the show Songland) on repeat. I've always preferred the theme of the original better, but the arrangement of the second one is more effective, and it's currently easier for me to project my feelings onto.

• one hundred forty-seven | ISFP writer

Re: Yeah, I hope you do really well in the competition, and I'll be praying for your mom. I looked up the song you told me about. It was really good! I enjoyed it.
    And yes, thanks again for the message. How have you been recently?

• one hundred forty-seven | ISFP writer

Re: Oh, and also I wanted to say, that is a lot of crazy stuff to go through. I'm so glad you did have God there with you through that. If it's not too personal, how is your mom doing currently?

• one hundred forty-seven | ISFP writer

Re: Okay. Oh wow! I see what you mean. Life would be a mess without God. I was doing some reading last night after I sent you that message, and came across some material that made me realize I was confused about what salvation actually is. Somehow I got the idea that you would know when you were saved when you could perfectly love God. Maybe it was all those stories mom read to us growing up where the good people in them were almost unnaturally sanctified and just bursting at the seams with love for Jesus. Of course, I'd love to be like that, but I always feared judgment instead, because I knew I wasn't like that and I should be. So I'm learning. Still trying to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything else. I'm thankful though, because this pushed me into reading my Bible more. And I also want to thank you for sharing your story with me. It was good to hear about someone who also grew up in the church.

ahh ahhh ahhhh the pain and the feels, you pulled me into this tumultuous world with your beautiful words. glad you were able to talk to him; that's so important (no matter how hard it seems)

• The Secret Society of Purple Iguanas of Death Online

Awwwwwww I love this piece and your message board update. Wanting to kiss someone is so sweet and strange a yearning. You can’t experience it until the moment you do, and when you’re back in your logic you make fun of it. Or maybe I’m projecting..? Anyway, thank you for your comment on my piece and I’m glad you liked my username :)

RE: lol, I would love to see his face if I put my hand on his arm (cracking up in silly giggles at the thought)...does it count that I tripped over my own foot and fell into him the other day (very embarrassing)? : ) You're right though. I should probably drop some hints. Somehow...ah, this game is worse than chess.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh ok :) Don't mind me then, I bet they're important :D And np!

• V-Rose

Hey! I'm back! And with another chapter for Never Really Real!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Oh My GoSh! (Please excuse my overly excited/nosy tone because my love life is a mess and it's good to see someone else's going so well! :D) It's a great poem and that you can actually send it to him and not have like an awkward conversation but a meaningful one tells me I ship you guys! (Haven't met him but I agree, seems like a keeper!) Again, my over enthusiasm is due to running away from said messy love life :P

Oh my goodness, this is really well-written (I love the fools' gold reference), and the fact that you could send this to him without it being awkward seems like a good sign...honest conversations are also good.

• V-Rose

This is the link that will take you to the latest chapter of Never Really Real!

i have reached out to the sweet bean. i figured maybe she might feel intimidated or just better to be welcomed first

RE: Aww, thank you so so much!! I will definitely reach out to them :)
    I can't believe you just know everyone off the top of your head! It's so awesome that there's such a community here!! (I joined like 2 weeks ago so I'm still amazed but I really look forward to writing here for many years to come. Thanks for being so sweet and helpful! :))

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: <3 :) thanks

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww, thank you thank you again!! Yeah, I’ve been having an emotion overload when it comes to the subject/theme of the poem, so it’s just very personal to me and the fact that you could feel that means a lot. :)

re: goodbye to you, too, anne!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, your comment made my day, Anne. First off, sounds great about the new writer; I’m always happy to welcome a new friend! :) Second, the emotion really hit that hard?! Wow, I mean, I poured a lot into that poem, so it means so much that it felt that strong to you, you know what I mean? And just.. thank you for the support and encouragement. I really needed it. :) I hope you’re doing well!

replying: aww sweet.thank you^u^

replying: ohhh cool!

replying: haha no its fine THANK YOU!
    wow that's so cool. what's a half birthday?
    ahh sorry *zipped mouth emoji*

• Just_A_Memory

Oh my gosh! Girl, this piece is everything and nothing at the same time! (I don't know how else to describe it) I hope you guys figure it out! <3

re: haha i love that!!! :D and yes, you're totally blueberry cotton candy :)

• Ellington Stone

Re: Yeah, totally. I'm a sucker for those XD

okay first of all this is so fdalkjsghasufhsd like painful but also sweet and - idek what to think :) /lh /gen
    re: first of all, thank youuu!! i'm glad you liked my poems :)) and also, that's funny that we're both Blue! hello, fellow blue. nice to meet you indeed [/j]! where did your nickname come from?? :)

anne you oblivious little thing,look at the age on my bio

also thank you for your comment:)

ahh when i read this, i actually thought,"what if she sent this to him" that's so cool.he seems very sweet.i hope you guys find some sort of closure.
    i lowkey ship it hard though;)

• Yellow Sweater

This is a wonderful poem. And ugh! love is so complicated. It's so cool that you are having honest conversations with each other. Does it help? or just make it more complicated? I am honestly curious because I am in sort of a similar situation.

I love this piece- there's something about it that I don't really know how to describe but wow! This was amazing, "a scream is released/but only silence is received" and when you said you don't know how to tell pyrite from something real- that was such an amazing way of saying that!! Awesome!! Omg, I write random notes in my notes app too!!! And awww, that poem is so sweet! I'm so happy that you sent it to whoever you wanted to and they were sweet back to you!! Awwww!

• Ellington Stone

Re: haha, yeah!!
    funny story: i was checking our your bio and I saw that you were an ambivert. I got it confused with ambidextrous. lol XD
    they're both cool though.

• Ellington Stone

Re: Omg, really? That's the same one I read!! It was a while ago, but I still remember. I really love that author, she may be my favorite one.

• Ellington Stone

Re: Haha, yeah!! I kinda just discovered this about a week ago. Chromosthesia is a type of Synesthesia (the "seeing sounds" one). Mine's pretty mild, but my OLP (another type) is somewhat extreme. Which novel did you read? I found out about it through a book too!! haha

replying: <3<3

aww bubs i hope you're alright<3