ect.13

"Words, in my not-so-humble opinion, are our most inexhaustible source of magic" ~ Albus Dumbledore
Absolute nerd | 100% cat person | Ravenclaw | ISFJ

Study hard... dream big... live well...

[Joined March 2020]

This is such an infuriating attitude and it is why we still need feminism in the 21st century. It's a global issue and so many men just don't seem to get it.
Thanks for reading - I'd like to make this as good as it can be, so feedback is always helpful :)
Thanks so much in advance <3

"Not all men"

13
No, not all,
But enough. 

Enough to make young hands 
Instinctively tug at skirts,
Enough to make hearts pound
As they walk streets alone.
Enough to instil constant fear
Of exploitation and violation,
Enough that the cries of centuries
Haven’t yet changed stubborn minds.

If you’re not part of the solution,
You're part of the problem.
- First published: 20/3/2021 - 
- Word count: 56 - 

• elliem

Yes, thank you for writing this! I honestly hate the phrase “not all men” because I feel like whenever a boy says that to me, they’re only referring to themself. And I’m like, “I know YOU wouldn’t do it. I’m not saying YOU would. I’m saying some men do, and that’s too many.” Anyway, thank you for putting this piece out into the universe. It’s an important message, and you phrase it beautifully and powerfully.

• Ree Sethu

LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! It's time we talk about it! It's about the life and safety of one half of the population, not the feelings of their oppressors.

This is so true! I love the way you wrote this as well- it truly let the message shine through and the last two lines, so important! Thank you for talking about this!

I'm here again after finding out about the social media thing. This truly needs to stop and people need to change.

• nolongeractive

This piece so magnificently magical and powerful and I love the message. Your talent is beyond words and I love the meaning of this piece. It was a pleasure to read and I cannot wait to see what else you write. Thank you for sharing this.

• JonesyL123

This is such a crucial message, especially with what happened in London. I'm so glad that someone has written about this, I can't stress how important it is that people talk about this subject. Thank you for this piece :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is a powerful message. It has a great flow, and progression from innocence to evil. It is something that needs to be said. Tremendously well spoken.

• Charisse Marison

This is so true and it's heartbreaking. I'm scared to walk on my own because of this. This piece NEEDS to be heard, especially right now.